Ring of Scale now 50% off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Zamiam Augur

how do you know ? I dont want them to go up 5 levels this expansion ,but I have not heard anything officially either way ..
  2. Riou EQResource

Expansion related stuff has been leaking since November, 2017. There hasn't been any proof of a level increase, yet.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Any word from the development team how long this will run? Or will there at the very least be a warning in advance before the sale ends? I just returned from vacation and am planning to make my return to EQ after an almost 2 month break and would like to upgrade a couple of accounts but having just returned from vacation money is tight for another week or so. I know an official deadline is not likely as this will give away important announcement information but can we at least expect a notice like we do for crates and such counting down how long we have to upgrade before it goes into the vault?
  4. Mintalie Augur

If someone has an outdated account that needs upgrading, including buying this expansion, what's the best way to do it? Do I buy a Krono for All Access (does that even work?)? Do I have to reup for a month and then buy the expansion to get the discount?

Trying to figure out the most economically-sound way to get up to speed if I decide to come back...
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

Mintalie likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Different ways - you have an old account and when you log in with it you will have 21 expansions free. And can play free. So you can see if you like it. Hold off upgrading just yet, take advantage of relearning. And just getting up to that 21st expansion will take a while.

If you want to pay for a month you can do it with credit card or buy a krono with credit card then pay for the monthly fee or if you can get 2 mil plat in game then you can buy it from another player. For anyone under level 105 its very hard and time consuming to farm enough to make buying krono in game worth it. Some do.

Paying for the month will give you the DBG cash and discounts, so yes you would need to be a paid account to get the discount. You can certainly buy right now on the free account but you would not get the discount. If you buy the basic version ($17.50 no discount) right now you will have all expansions until the new one comes out in a few weeks.

If your going to buy the krono from DBG itself then be prepared to give it a few days, first time purchase of krono need to go thru fraud stuff.
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Gialana Augur

You do not need an All Access account to receive the 50% sale. If you have a free or silver account, you can currently purchase the normal version of RoS for $17.50. If you have an All Access account, you would receive 10% off that price, so you could buy the normal version for $15.75. That's only a difference of $1.75. There are great reasons to have an All Access account, but you would be spending more money than you would save if your only reason is to get the 10% All Access discount.
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

i purchased ROS on my Free acct using paypal that way I did not have to add a credit card to it. Just not found time to load that acct up to play it yet. Some day....
  9. Zamiam Augur

Ive been buying the RoS expansion for my alt accounts I wait till it goes on sale so im only spending 17 bucks on it.. I usually wait to buy the most current expansion for those alt accounts I have enough of past expansions to keep me busy till it comes on sale .. If the new expansion has a few things worth buying i'll buy the new expansion for 1 or 2 of my main accounts but only if its worth it .. and to me Worth it means Illusions included in collectors and or certain AA's or spells i have to have .. most the time its just Illusions ..
    On a side note can you please make the " Scepter of draconic calling" Brells Mark" Heirloomable
    Also why cant you make XP potions that you sell in market Heirloomable ? you do on the free ones that pop up for the 500 DBC everymonth , why not the other ones..
  10. Roxxlyy Augur

The Ring of Scale sale will end when pre-orders for The Burning Lands begin. We haven't announced a date for that yet, but when we do it will be about a week in advance. Expect it to be at the end of the month.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Conq, Brohg and 5 others like this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

ty Roxxlyy for the update and the advance notice for when sale will probably end .. appreciate it