New tlp (krono)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Sep 22, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

We definitely need something different.

Unfortunately we dont know if they really care... so maybe it is up to us to come up with a good idea. Lord Mithaniel knows we dont need phinny 3 or angnarr 2 to further split up this small playerbase.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I wonder when the new expansion for live is released if there was a new server as well. Everyone starts at level 1, first raid to successfully defeat end raid boss of next expansion gets a very nice gift. Like a year worth of Kronos.

I wonder how long that would actually take, from day 1 to actual final end game raid...
  3. Machentoo Augur

We also don't know if we really care.

We could come up with what many players would think is the greatest alternate ruleset imaginable, and that wouldn't prevent it from being a total flop.

Mayong, anyone? More than half the active playerbase at the time voted for it, and it was completely dead inside six months.
  4. mattie diesel Journeyman

I think repeatedly making servers is going to make more harm than good at this point... If you wanna play modern choose a healthy live server, if you strictly like classic content play agnarr.. If you wanna try catching up to play through the gap of era's, play one of the progressive timelocks.
  5. Bewts Augur

Be interesting for seasonal TLP competitions across varying categories...
    Each class/race combo for fastest to max level / AA
    Level XX+ mobs defeated (set by season/era)
    Count of Epic mobs defeated
    Count of Rare mobs defeated
    Platinum looted (and later earned in bazaar)
    First/highest in each TS
    First completion of epics / unique expansion quests
    For seasons / eras with class armor sets, first sets for each class
    Obviously lots more as the seasons progesss.

Track for each Individual and guild winners who can select from unique one of a kind / removed items, automatic titles for winning, large sums of platinum, subscription extensions and a season hall of fame frame capturing a screen of your toon on the website.

Setting the seasons by level raises can create artificial advancement in lieu of voting and you can even set each season to advance classes to minimum level / gear equivalents to start the next season. IE a four month season for 1-50 followed by a four month season for 50-60 content and a third season for 60-65 content. With a week remaining in each season, all toons within 15% of max level get aligned to “heroic” classes for max level in the current expansion with a baseline class equipment parcel. You can obviously delete what you didn’t get in the season and start the next season at a minimum baseline compared to everyone else.

The heroic alignment encourages new players to join at any point and replenish the base because we all know the challenges of turnover on TLP.

At the end of a pre-determined set of seasons, all characters are transferred to a legacy server where all obtained items are droppable much like the current RP server rule set.
  6. Xeris Augur

I very much support the idea of era locked TLPs, rather than a TLP that will catch up to live. If you want to play live, why go through 3 years of TLP to get there, just play live.

Era locking is a good idea imo because it allows you to play at your own pace without getting too far behind. If I stop playing Agnarr for a year, I can come back and still be BIS geared. People who stopped at Velious and are just coming back are caught up in a week.

P99 is a velious lock, agnarr is a pop lock, I'd enjoy something that locks with epic 2.0's.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

I have to say about the only new TLP I might consider joining would be similar to the FV toolset where they removed the No Drop tag from things. I have always hated the very idea and concept of No Drop because it has to be the most immersion breaking mechanic that exists. I mean I find this sword but I can't use it so want to sell it but nope, can't cause it is stuck to me like glue. Only thing I can do is destroy it. Yeah that feels realistic.

The other thing is I think I would like the server to start at Legacy of the Yeksha. You would have all the main races up to the frogs in game, have virtually all the race/class combos that were ever available, PoP for travel purposes and the PoK for access to the vast majority of your spells. Also by this time most of the weaknesses in any given class were ironed out and many classes who really struggled at lower levels through the level grind gained alot of much needed low level power. Basically it would be fun to start the leveling process here. Also I have to admit, I quit the game at LoY so would like to experience the content from that point forward.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Short of major balancing that they most certainly can't do in time, i agree that launching at Loy is a good idea. Lest we just loved rogues in classic.