Wizard Rains Nerfed on MOTM mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kixx, Sep 23, 2018.

1. versair Journeyman

You have a Severe lack of Enchanters on your Vulak parse!!
  2. That0neguy Augur

Maybe try posting in the right thread for bugs related to patches and you might get some attention.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Guys, I don't play a wizard and I agree this post is stupid. But don't answer to this kind of provocation, this is exactly what the poster wants : to derail a legit thread and turn into a flame festival, so typical for gaming forums and, even more and unfortunately, for the TLP threads. Rains have three waves and triple attack means "three attacks a round", I am sure everyone agrees on this, heads up ;)
  4. Machentoo Augur

So, a couple things here.

How does one tick out of three result in almost a 50% dps reduction? 83k vs 46k?

Also, doesn't seem like it hurt you too much as a guild since the post patch kill was ~70 seconds faster than the prepatch.

Combine those two, and I wonder... Was there something else as well going on? Perhaps a parse that didn't catch all the dps?

Not disputing that there is a new bug, but it should result in about a 33% reduction of rains only, which assuming rains aren't the only nukes ever cast, should be <33% overall dps reduction.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

Vulak in era will drain a wizard of mana pretty quickly if you use direct nukes so in order to get around that, they use rains.
  6. Critt Augur

I'm no math geek but seems about as fair as the nerf melee got a few months ago and not surprisingly the thread has about the same tone...Then again this is probably just a bug and you'll get your third wave back....
  7. Snomie Elder

It's clearly a bug and this isn't even a comparable situation to why the innate melee aa needed some tweaking (and honestly probably still does for that 70-75 era).
  8. Critt Augur

yeah not comparable since it probably is a bug and only temporary, and since Rogue's are so OP in the early expansions it trivializes all raid content......
  9. Febb Augur

I agree you are not a math geek because your math is way off when comparing the melee aa nerf and this bug.
  10. Snomie Elder

At this time I wish to put forward my proposal for monks to either kick or punch, but not both. Monks need to dedicate themselves fully to one martial art to truly embody their inner dedication.

This change would be similar to the old manaburn changes in theory or slightly more similar to the healing pot changes in that they are all changes that can happen in EQ.
  11. Rovell Elder

I run the parse and I don't dodge the AE and I stand in the same spot every time. To the best of my recollection, both wizards were in the exact same spot as they were the previous week.

Our raid had a bit more overall DPS than the previous week where we were loaded on support which explains the 70s faster kill. However, the decline in Wizard DPS cannot be understated.

It would be nice for other guilds to post their own before/after parses of Wizard performance for perspective.
  12. RandomStrategy Augur

As a paladin who never had high melee damage to begin with, and was probably hurt the most by the melee nerf:

AMEN, BROTHER.
  13. Risiko Augur

This is undoubtedly a bug.

Just post in the Live Update Bug thread, and leave it to the devs to figure out.
    That0neguy likes this.
  14. Stramgar New Member

Adios, Critt! Good luck on your future games. I'll miss seeing you around the forums as after you've quit you'll have no reason to post here anymore.
  15. Prathun Developer

Best guess is the aura NPC on some bosses is consuming one of the waves, though that is a guess.
    Thanks for letting us know.
  16. mackal Augur

Auras do consume targets in my testing. https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1582
  17. That One Guy Augur

Wow that sure was submitted a long time ago too.

Did the last patch add auras to raid bosses or something?
  18. mackal Augur

maybe the aura NPC used to live some where else (like static spawn way away from the fight) or it used to not follow the NPC or maybe they're pulling it to a different spot and now are hitting a static spawned aura NPC that doesn't follow :p plenty of options that could change the results :p
  19. That One Guy Augur

That tracker site just seems like a such a weird process. If it's been known that mob auras have been taking up target slots and then they did something about auras in the last patch and they didn't know that auras would mess up rains. Posting on these forums seem to get some nice results though :) I wonder what the fastest a bug has been fixed by only using the dgcissuetracker.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

For what its worth the mitigation of 1 wave only happens when the debuff is on the player.

There are a few of those things and i never remember them all, but some mobs put a debuff on the player and some don't. Like lodizal.