The Burning Lands expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Sep 28, 2018.

1. snailish Augur

End the expansion with a triggered event in which a large portion of Norrath becomes the burning lands... and all level 100+ zones.

Builds in future progression nostalgia, gives purpose to reams of old content for where the actual live playerbase in concentrated in levels.

Said as a player that can't seem to get a character to 100.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Venau Augur

How would you feel if I informed you that the current dev team has great creative vision but simply lacks the finances/time to implement those ideas?

What if reality dictates that ownership is willing to dedicate a more limited amount of resources to produce a new expansion and the designers are forced to adhere to these restrictions?
  3. Leex Pewpewer

Magician's always suck, we need more power at all times! :)

On a serious note, I'm excited that they are doing planes, I've been bugging them on beta ever since they started to recycle content.
  4. Niknik Journeyman

I am hoping it will have more open zones than the original PoP. Those bottlenecks....arghhh. The flagging, reflagging, and progression model....arghhh.
    moogs likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm... you do realize that is all they will be doing is recycling things right? Which I am completely fine with it allows them to spend most of the meager resources on actual expansions. Plus I actually enjoy most of the reimaginings of things.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and snailish like this.
  6. Monkman Augur

TBL being planar makes sense I guess Maelin will be tied into gnome memorial mountain? Maybe a spin-off to innovation? Oh god dare I say another artisans prize style quest?
  7. Jalelorf Augur

I hope for the exact opposite. Keep you filthy casuals out of the zones and stinking them up!
  8. Dropfast Augur

I'm all about some PoP!! Been a long time since we battled the gods.

As for expansion rewards, I defiantly think they need to stop with the stupid hats, 2 mounts, and familiars that don't stack or are 100% useless to melee. Their are so many awesome models they could use for Illusions but we always get something dumb like a snail.. As well as melee hate crap that has been so prevalent in the past few expansions. It's about time for a anti-caster / Pro-melee expansion. /cough

But for real, I'm happy for new content of any form. Let's just be happy this crazy game is still even going!
  9. Angahran Augur

Put the port item in the basic version. You WANT people going to the new zones.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Muji Augur

Love me some Planes of Power, best expansion ever. There is no way they can do it justice though, with the little resources they have. Even across next 2 expansions, there is no way to compare to the real Planes of Power. The last time I tried to count up how many multi group events it had, I think I counted over 50(best expansion ever). They could do the next 4 expansions!
    Daedly likes this.
  11. Monkman Augur

Yeah I have to agree it’s gonna be hard to top original planes... just hope it’s more than 5 zones
  12. Darkoon Journeyman

I hope they include the Necro dot revamp.
    In addition, more unique loot.
    Same vanilla loot with just increased stats gets boring.
    Now Vex thal, was a place with awesome loot.
    snailish and menown like this.
  13. Thraine Augur

PoP was a revolutionary expansion, EQ was never the same after venturing into the planes!!

/fingers crossed for planar bow options!!
  14. Fooba Augur

Launching an expansion right before Christmas is terrible. Nobody wants to grind progression instead of spending time with family. The new WoW expansion launched August 14 which is way better.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Almost everyone I know in EQ would rather grind than spend time with family, especially over the holidays.

Still a bad time to release an expansion though.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I just got off the phone with Fennin Ro, he said that the new snails will be in every zone and have all trained with the Kar'Zok enough to cast aura of the Kar'Zok, so you better start getting your alts essence of the dragon.

But seriously, am I the only one who wouldn't mind if they just reused all the PoP zones with as little creativity as say, hardcore heritage's Old Sebilis, as long as it meant we got like, 20 zones in the next expansion?
    Daedly likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Mmmm Snails.

[IMG]
    snailish likes this.
  18. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

It's also a time when those of us who don't have family to spend time with. Don't care about release date as I don't celebrate holidays, so don't care if it's released around Christmas.
  19. Fooba Augur

The raid keying system over the Christmas holidays promotes account sharing. If you are in a high end guild and know you are going to miss a raid, you are pretty much required to give out your account info.
  20. Raltar Augur

Right around Christmas is the best time to release it. People usually have time off around then. Family sucks. EQ is life.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.