Stealth changes to Anguish events in last patch?!?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baldur, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldur Augur

So 2 events have had changes made to them in this last path, Keldovan and OMM.

The 4 pit fiends for Keldovan auto-aggro the raid now. They always instantly respawned, but now they will auto-aggro again after respawn. This has made him way harder than he was previously because you have to tank all 4 pit fiends and Keldovan at the same time. He used to be the easiest, he's now harder than Ture and Hanvar. At least for 1 grouping it now in TSS.

OMM will randomly walk closer towards the middle if you have pulled him off his platform until he's back on top. This never happened in era, it's not a huge deal, but definitely different. I haven't done OMM in awhile, so not sure if this happened in the last patch or not.

Why change these events now? And why no patch notes for the changes?
  2. Aegir Augur

They also did that to Sullon Zek at the very end of Prophecy of Ro era. She now DT's anyone on agro that are outside her room.

I don't know why some of these changes don't make the patch notes and some do.... But I think they are done in priority by a long list of bug reports. Hence why they usually don't make it in time to implement the changes in "era" for a progression server, but usually a month or three later on.
  3. Baldur Augur

Anguish was a lot longer than 3 months ago on Phinny.

The Sullon Zek change was slightly different in that guilds were exploiting it by pulling her to the zone. I thought that change was in the patch notes as well, but I could be wrong.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

OMM has been doing that for a while, at least a couple months I feel like. Haven't done Ture since patch though.
  5. Warzon Elder

I think the KTH event was broken this whole time, I vaguely remember that the adds used to aggro the raid and then it broke one day, the adds were supposed to aggro but didn't. It's definitely a change, not sure if intentional or not.

I didn't notice any change to OMM, he walks back to center after a successful mask click, and has since we started doing him in May.
  6. Bowdeen Elder

Confirmed. Thankfully, I had seen your post yesterday prior to doing this event, but I still wasn't quite prepared for how they immediately popped onto the raid.

No noticed change to OMM.
  7. Catashe Augur

Why Keldovan harder? The pit mobs don't mem wipe.. Sure you might not be able to box it but all you need is one other tank to kite the mobs til he is dead =\
  8. Lacka Journeyman

Except that the puppies snare.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I feel like I could tank those pit adds on a level 70 rogue in era with alt shaman heals. It might make going back to do the fight with 1 group slightly more difficult but as far as comparative difficulty Keldovan is still a joke of a fight for guilds entering Anguish.

Agree that if this was an intended change though I would have liked to see it in the patch notes.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Can Keldovan be one-grouped now on Phinny? I did it on live years ago but, to be honest, I don't remember what level my box team was at the time (probably 85 or more). I remember I just ignored the pit mobs and had the casters sit out.
  11. Kazz99 Elder

Easily, we were one grouping it (actually 2 people 3 boxing for my setup and kill, another person in our guild can six box it solo). last xpac (TSS). Actually can six man KTH, Ture and Hanvar pretty easily... just dont expect fast kills... (like Hanvar was ever "fast").
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm a 5-box in TBS group gear so I might wait until level 80 to try it.
  13. Prathun Developer

A query we ran against the script table showed that a few hundred scripts had mismatched parentheses. These would compile, deceptively, but many were not working as designed. We fixed them all.

Two of these scripts were in Anguish.
    The script that shared Keldovan the Harrier's aggro with his adds.
    The script that depops druid epic quest NPCs if they've been idle for 33+ minutes.

In both cases, we believe that having these scripts work as the original implementer intended is preferable to them not working correctly.
    Chatoyan, Tarvas, Quatr and 4 others like this.
  14. Bowdeen Elder

Thanks for confirming this Prathun. I don't suppose you'd be able to provide a list of the other scripts that have been changed as well? It'd be nice to know which events now have different functions than previous.
  15. Ryak Augur

At a minimum, a patch note along the lines of
    would have been better than nothing.
    Zanarnar and Quatr like this.
  16. snailish Augur

I like it when they tell us stuff, even when it is things I myself may not like.

They don't have to though. Sure we can argue/discuss "customer relations" and all that, but they don't have to tell us stuff.

Some would even consider it a feature if raid mechanics were randomly altered from time to time.

Vox needs an AoE Ogre death touch...
  17. Machentoo Augur

Can you give us a list of what else was fixed? Hundreds of events or mobs now working in unexpected and unpredictable ways seems like something you could have warned us about ahead of time... Who knows whether some of the "original dev intent" will end up completely breaking some events when combined with other changes through the years, and it would be nice to be able to know which events to keep an eye on.
    Quatr and Fanra like this.
  18. Catashe Augur

Hmmmm ya gotta watch them devs... they sneaky... Stuff been broken for 10+ years, become a fact of life for many... Then they get it in their heads that maybe they should fix it... Illusioning through doors,Z axis taunting, now this... Next thing ya know, they do something else crazy like add more randomness to Charm to give it more of that "classic" feel.. lol

Side note Prathun, if ya read this... Plz fix Kerafyrm in SoF... save yourself the headache and your forums server when all the tears come from people saying Kerakyrm too hard cause you "fixed" Z axis taunting.. lol
  19. Prathun Developer

I've tried to figure out a good way to do this, but I don't think I can make this info fit for public-facing without spending a lot of hours on it. Pasting script names isn't going to be meaningful in most cases, without also knowing how and where those scripts are run and design scripts drive a lot more than raid events.

Fair enough. If something similar comes up in the future, we'll aim to mention it in the update notes.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

The list of unnecessary fixes to things that have been the way they are for years and years grows longer and longer....can't wait til the day a true EQ successor arrives.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.