Ring of Scale now 50% off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ring of Scale now 50% off
    OldCa61 and Yimin like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I never understood how people can view that as a good deal?

I mean, if you wait a few weeks and preorder the next expansion instead, you get both RoS AND the next expansion for the price of 1 expansion. Thinking long term, it is cheaper to wait and preorder, if you are interested in playing the game with the rest of the server at all.
  3. Raisehell Lorekeeper

its designed for those who want the premium/collector items
  4. Jalelorf Augur

This is a sure sign of new expansion coming.
  5. Warpeace Augur

50% off baits me into getting the expansion for alt accounts I don't play and are normally FTP. It allows you to get the new levels and when ready sub for a month get the AA then let the account go back to FTP.

Until they pull another AA consolidation and jack your AA all up and force you to sub or loose the refunded AA.
    NeverPayForLag, Brohg, Vdidar and 2 others like this.
  6. Laronk Augur

I'm considering getting it on a couple alt accounts that I won't be buying the newest expansion on. this will give those alt accounts level 110, conflag armor and ill sub them for a month to max out their aa it's a good deal.

Also by a few weeks I'd say 9 weeks? Or if you're really behind the times and just coming back with only TDS there's a year of content easily from TDS through ROS some people might not need the new expansion.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

I had a ring of scale, but strong vinegar and a scrub brush removed it.
    Mintalie, Roxxlyy, eqgamer and 3 others like this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

I am thinking of getting it on a FTP acct for my tracker toon I some times use out side of my group. But I think about it every year and never get around to doing it.
    Because if I had the play time I would be buying the new exp for all my accts gold and that one FREE one.
  9. Vdidar Augur

When they do that it is incredibly frustrating to me!
  10. Aurmoon Augur

How does upgrading work pricing wise? If you’ve already purchased the game and want to upgrade to collector’s edition, do you get “credit” for your initial purchase?
  11. Raisehell Lorekeeper

50% off is 70, upgrading to premium is only like 55, all access discount makes it 47.25 for premium
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I thought they fixed this? I remember seeing patch notes that said FTP could spend AA's like all access if they were above the cap. Once you get back down to the cap you can no longer spend more. So you shouldn't "lose" any AA's, but you might not be able to rebuy what was refunded with out subbing.
  13. Warpeace Augur

I don't recall the number off hand but a set number off AA you are stuck with and can not spend. Maybe someone can post those AA numbers. I could log in some ftp accounts but not going to and they have large AA pools they cant spend because of the AA restructuring that resulted in refunds and being a ftp account.

I want to say its 310 so if you were refunded AA and spend them down to say 309 your stuck until you sub again. So if anyone could sanity check that 310 im using would be great.

I have an account with 297 AA I cant spend because of that exact situation.
  14. Goodn Augur

They did fix the problem if you are over the max cap.

Max AA cap for all toons is level x 3. Anything over this when a toon is logged and you will revert to this amount. This is regardless of all access/silver/ftp status.

Earning AA cap for all toons is level x 2. If you are at or above this amount, you cannot gain aa experience through kills or normal quest rewards.

However, achievement rewards that automatically grant aas without a quest rewards window and refunded aas are automatically added your aa total without first checking cap. This is how you can get above the level x 2 cap.

For Silver/FTP toons, regardless of whether or not you have purchased extra aa cap increases, if you get over the level x 3 cap, you can spend all aas over the level x 3 cap on any valid aa for your toon until you go under the level x 3 cap. The aas can be spent on ANYTHING that the toon is eligible (meaning you have the expansion, level, and prerequisite aas). But once you dip under the level x 3 cap, you can no longer purchase aas unless you have enough aa cap increases.

Since generally any refunded aas will match rebuying the new lines fairly closely, silver/ftp toons can get hosed if they had a low aa stored total before the refund as there can be up to 330 aas refunded that they might not be able to use to rebuy the new lines. The only way to minimize this is to store as many aas as you can before that patch on the toon.
  15. Rickate Augur

Cockatrice Mount: Mount Blessing Sana

1: Increase Current Mana v2 by 20 per tick
    9: Increase Max Endurance by 1400
    10: Increase Max Mana by 1400
    12: Increase AC v2 by 195
    13: Increase Max HP by 1850

"usable at Level 1" is ambiguous and I can't find any spell parser that can read scripts. Raidloot, eqresource and lucy all parse out that Distillate of Skinspikes I to XVII is casting the same spell and it's trivial to test and see that different versions of the potion have different values even when both are clicked by a Level 110.

Has anyone checked the mount stats at various levels or really crazy thought is there any employee responsible for accurately describing the products?
  16. Brohg Augur

totally real. your level 1 characters on an account with an expansion mount can start with 1420hp
    Gyurika Godofwar, eqgamer and Rickate like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have in the past taken advantage of this deal. I haven't bought every expansion. Sometimes I've even been 2-3 expacs behind.

Once the new expac is announced, I'll see how it sounds (Beta feedback is invaluable for this). If it doesn't appeal to me, I may well buy RoS for 50% off, for the two accounts which are at TBM.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Finally!:D Nice discount of the additional 10% for all access members and still not a bad buy on free account. I will be buying quite a few of both but no mention of when the sale ends other than it will end when once pre-orders begin for the next EverQuest expansion which has not been announced. Would be nice to know if its in a day or a week or a month or two since I would like to stagger the costs on my credit cards.

And thanks to marketing for making it clear " the unique bonus items that come with the special editions of the game will no longer be available with an expansion purchase!"
  19. Gialana Augur

Now that the sale is on, you pay the difference between the sale prices of your current edition and the upgraded edition. Before the sale, the cost of the editions (rounded to the nearest half dollar and ignoring the All Access discount) were:

$35 for Standard,
    $90 for Collectors, and
    $140 for Premium.
    The sale prices are:
    $17.50 for Standard,
    $45 for Collectors, and
    $70 for Premium.

So if you currently have the Standard edition and want the collectors edition, you pay $45 - $17.50, which is $27.50. Even though you would have initially spent $35, you can't upgrade to the Collectors edition for only another $10.

All of this said another way is that the upgrade costs are 50% off of what they were before the sale.
  20. NeverPayForLag Augur

Bad side is that you buy the collectors for an F2P account to use the Porting Devices to RoS in the guild hall - then it only works if you activate Gold Status for that account :(

Does anybody know if the guild hall looses items from members who go back to silver or f2p???
    That perhaps would explain disappearing items!