What's your other game(s) thanks to AoC-based TLP raiding

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 20, 2018.

1. jeskola pheerie

Ran through entire Mass Effect series for first time recently
    Then did first Dragon Age
    Replayed Max Payne 1 and 2 (f max payne 3)
    Online Texas holdem
    Tried EQ2,.hit a part where I needed to sub, so ...
    Then back to EQ
  2. jeskola pheerie

Other games are just a futile attempt at staving off my EQ addiction. Most recently after quitting eq I ended up back on live working hero's journey, got bored at beehive and went back to my beloved Dead Halfling Society.
  3. Prathun Developer

Thanks! I was a Kickstarter backer for the Bard's Tale IV as well. I played a little of the beta, and it was fun, but I've been pulled in more by the excellent remake of BT1 because nostalgia. :) Twelve year old me and my friend would get up early in the morning after a sleepover, fire up the game on the Apple II GS, and spend hours exploring Skara Brae. Might get into IV over the holidays when there's some time to spare.

I'm a big fan of Binding of Isaac and Rebirth. Have you tried Enter the Gungeon? Similar bullet hell, roguelike, shooty mechanics, with a lot of things to unlock. :)
  4. Yimin Augur

I play EQ and FallOut, and no others games !

YiMin
    So Happy and Prathun like this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I still play through those every few years. Well, #1 and 2 anyway.
  6. Fumi-chan Augur

Right on! Yep played Enter the Gungeon, Rogue Legacy is another favorite of mine too. Big fan of rogue-likes.
    Prathun likes this.
  7. versair Journeyman

Battle Brothers
    Magic the gathering
    MLB and NHL on PS4
    Slay the Spire
    Banished
    League of Legends from time to time.
    Civ 5

These are my most common played. Sometimes i dabble in the Total war games. they get repetitive though. Randomly go back to Diablo 2 every now and again.
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Alfarian Darkelf New Member

Only other game i can get into besides Everquest is called Darkfall New dawn. Its pretty much Ultima online +Asherons call+ Marrowind all in one with hardcore grinding like in Everquest...Very sick game
  9. Risiko Augur

Dead Cells is on my list of games to buy soon. It looks amazing.
  10. Risiko Augur

I recently created a character on the Fallen Gate server of EQ2. It's a TLE server which is EQ2's version of our TLP servers.

I love EQ2 just as much as I love EQ, but for all the opposite reasons. I quest heavily, harvest, and craft in EQ2 where as in EQ I mainly just raid, so they both serve separate needs for me.

Seeing as I already pay for all access for EQ, that covers my EQ2 account as well, so it was a no brainer for me.

Banished is one of those great games you can go back to at anytime for a night of fun. Great game. I play it every now and again.

I didn't even know there was a new Bard's Tale. Now I have to get it. I have that same kind of nostalgia for old Commodore 64 SSI games like Pools of Radiance. I could play that game over and over, and never get tired of the nostalgia feeling it gives me every time I load it up. Man I need to put a c64 system together again.

I keep hearing people talking about Binding of Isaac. I really need to check it out eventually.
  11. liveitup1216 Augur

I reeeeally want to play this. How is it? I've got a solid group of friends that get together for games like T.I.M.E. Stories, Talisman, Betrayal (Baldurs Gate version lately), and Scythe. We've been itching to get Gloomhaven next.

As for PC gaming, been playing a poopton of SCP: Secret Laboratory even though its real memey now. Also just a bunch of Hearthstone as usual.
  12. Elskidor Augur

I could get back into EQ2 if my RL friends wanted, but their TLE is about all I could enjoy. Their live servers are in dire need of repair.

I'm more of a one-game-at-a-time type so Everquest is it for me. I really don't play much outside of EQ regardless. Maybe hit the old SNES for fun or revisit a long Final Fantasy 1-15 binge, but that's about all.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Lets see...
    Everquest -- The Grand Creation
    Everquest -- Imperium
    Everquest -- The Hidden Forest
    Everquest -- My private one

Err.. I might have a problem.
    Risiko likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I wish to know [more].

ALttP one of the greatest games ever made, imo.
    Prathun likes this.
  15. Eggolas Augur

Other games? Free time?

HOMM3
    MOO2
    Civ4

That's about it.
  16. Risiko Augur

I find that certain types of games lend themselves very well to playing alongside a MMORPG. Any kind of turn-based RPG or simulation is great for it.

As for myself, I have three monitors on my desk on a monitor rack. The left one is dedicated to the PC (aka EverQuest), the right one is dedicated to console machines (PS3, PS4, Switch hooked up via a HDMI switch), and the top one is dedicated to a second computer (mainly for watching Netflix/Hulu/HBO).

Therefore, when I am in EverQuest, and I am looking for group, waiting on raid to form, camping a mob, or anything with long down times, I can easily grab the controller for one of the consoles, and play a little till it's time to jump back in to action in EverQuest.

I guess that's why I play so many JRPGs and platformers. It's easy to jump in and out of gameplay on them between things on EQ.
    Prathun likes this.
  17. taliefer Augur

been taking a day away from EQ every so often to play Dragon Quest 11. not that far in, but its pretty good. not as good as 8 was imo, and the music is...well, just bad. both in quality and composition. but the game itself is fun.
    Prathun likes this.
  18. Fumi-chan Augur

Not sure how this equates to TLPs in later expansions or live EQ, but for the current state of Coirnav, I find there are windows to around. eg - if you're camping a rare spawn or waiting for something to spawn, you find yourself with a bit of free time. Rather than watching Netflix, I'll usually boot up Slay the Spire and yell at my monitor for a bit.
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Prathun Developer

Oh yeah, Dead Cells is incredible. If you're into platforming and rogue-likes, I can't recommend it enough. :)

Scythe is super fun. :) I like the Betrayal games, but after the last several times we played ended in tears it's hard to get people to play it again. Haven't played T.I.M.E. Stories or Talisman. Worth checking out?

Gloomhaven is one of those games where your overall success, and possibly enjoyment, hinges heavily on the people you're playing with. On the surface, it's a cooperative tactical puzzle game, where you try to synergize with your allies. But, there are often times where you're forced to make difficult decisions. Like... do I burn a good card early on to defeat a threat, or use something less powerful but reusable for better long-term potential? Do I open the door to the next area now to satisfy my hidden objective, even though it puts the party and the success of the mission at risk? Should I grab this out-of-the-way treasure chest, which may help us in the long term, or should I help defeat the boss that has us on the ropes? Even when your team is doing well, things can go downhill in a hurry! Bad luck or a bad decision can ruin hours of careful play and planning. Thankfully you keep the money and XP on a failed run, so there's the possibility to come back stronger and give it another go. There's a lot more to tell, but I don't want to spoil any of the fun.

Oh, but one more thing... handling the monster AI and their abilities is pretty complicated and fiddly. Thankfully there are some free apps out there that help with that. It streamlines the process dramatically to have a laptop or tablet nearby to handle some of the number crunching, card drawing, shuffling, and/or enemy movement so that you don't have to.
    Risiko likes this.
  20. Jaera Augur

https://alttpr.com/

Basically take link to the past and randomize where you get items per seed. For instance, you could open the chest in Link's house and instead of a lantern, you could pick up a hookshot. or the mirror. or the moon pearl. or rupees. or etc etc.

It turns the classic experience into a challenge on how to get around without optimal items and how to route your way efficiently to get all seven crystals and kill Ganon. You can set it to be even more difficult (do things like swordless, require speed running exploits, etc) but even easy mode randomizer can be challenging and a lot of fun while you learn all the routing tricks.
    Prathun and Sheex like this.