What's your other game(s) thanks to AoC-based TLP raiding

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Thanks to two of the greatest changes ever made to EverQuest, /pick and AoC-based raid instances, we as gamers can be avid raiders AND play other games with out falling behind.

So, I was curious, what other games do y'all enjoy playing right now since you have so much free time?

I'll start. Here's my current list of other games I enjoy while maintaining in-era EQ raiding:
    • Persona 5 (PS3)
    • Octopath Traveler (Switch) - over 55 hours in now lol
    • Y's Origin (PS4)
    • Bioshock collection (PS4)
    • Witcher Wild Hunt (PS4)
    • Spiderman (PS4)
    • World of Warcraft - 51 Tauren Paladin - trying to complete every single quest lols
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

How is Octopath? I’ve been finishing up trying to track down last few shrines on BoTW but a Benevolent Guy got me a copy and was going to start it soon.
  3. Risiko Augur

I love it personally. Graphically, it is stunning. The game play is great if you like old school JRPGs.

The one thing that some people have complained about is the fact that it is technically 8 different stories that don't actually intertwine. To me, that's a non issue. I like some of the story lines a lot, and those are the ones I will play through to the end. The others, I will go back and do at a later date just because of being a completionist ;)

I think Square was taken by surprise with just how popular Octopath Traveler was on the Switch, and hence, they have now announced that 8 different Final Fantasy games are going to be coming to the platform. I would expect there will be an Octopath Traveler 2 in the future with the stories more intertwined because now they know how much money is out there being thrown at JRPGs on the Switch.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

From my toon name you can probably guess that I like old jrpgs :).

Will give it a go, thanks for le detailed review.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Battlefield. Did the BFV beta; now have gone back to BF1 while I wait for BFV release (November).
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

7. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

WoW
    LoL
    MHW
    Various random games the kids play on the ps4.
  8. Evertrek Augur

what i find most interesting is you play a lot of PS4 games. why didn't you list ESO? it's IMO the WoW of console ATM. WoW is, and most the sub games, are overpriced IMO for such old games. i was against EQ being moved to console but now have hopes that maybe someday they will attempt the move (not if it's free realms though, that game was blah).

Destiny 2 is F2P, H1Z1 is shaping up, and fallout4, skyrim are a must on console.
  9. Funk Augur

MX Simulator ~ Braap!
  10. Risiko Augur

ESO just wasn't my cup of tea. That and I prefer my MMOs on PC. While I am camping something in a MMO on my PC, am usually playing on one of my consoles sitting on the desk next to it.
  11. Fumi-chan Augur

Binding of Isaac - Sunk more hours into this than I care to admit. It's a great game if you're into NES Zelda. Game is rated M though and has some pretty hilariously offensive themes so play with caution.

Slay the Spire - Really fun rogue-like card game but hard as balls. This game has made me come very close to throwing my keyboard out a window (and yet I can't stop playing it help!)

Zelda: BotW - Still love going back to this game and casually running around. It's just so goddamn beautiful.

Hyper Light Drifter - Another Zelda style game, this one based heavily upon LttP. It's come a long way from its early beta days

Ori and the Blind Forest - I completed this game years ago but I still go back periodically and play thru it because it's beautiful and the controls are marvelous

WoW - I'll probably be playing it again once 8.1 drops since it seems to be addressing a few of the core issues I have with BfA presently.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Taliesn New Member

Star Wars: The Old Republic. And you should mock me relentlessly for it.
  13. Risiko Augur

I still have my collector's edition Darth Malgus statue in the box up on the bookshelf. I haven't played Old Republic in a long time. I loved some of the stories though. The smuggler story was one of my favorites.
  14. Taliesn New Member

As did I, until the stupid lightsaber broke during a move. Take care of that thing, it's stupid easy to break.
  15. Risiko Augur

:eek::eek::eek: that sucks
  16. Machentoo Augur

I've been playing a lot of Rimworld lately. It lets me get other stuff done while playing.

I generally stick to single player games when not playing EQ.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Been playing Magic Arena. Open beta starts next week.
  18. Funk Augur

Played early and did Imperial Operative, awesome story line and I thought Huttball was fun as hell. Later on came back and went full heal template on Operative and did some raids that was pretty fun too. But eventually got burnt. But operative before they were nerfed was insane in pvp.
  19. Prathun Developer

The Bard's Tale Trilogy
    Dead Cells
    Darkest Dungeon
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Slay the Spire
    Super Metroid / A Link to the Past Randomizer
    Some old TG16 games
    Gloomhaven
    Magic: the Gathering - We drafted Dominaria at the office and are playing duels up through early October. :) Winner gets bragging rights!
    Ryak, Risiko, PathToEternity and 3 others like this.
  20. Fumi-chan Augur

You have excellent taste in games. :)

Did you check out the latest Bards Tale IV? I was a Kickstarter backer and will be playing it this weekend but I'm a bit apprehensive about the reviews. One of the chief complaints I've heard from others is that it's very different from the original trilogy.
    Prathun likes this.