Should we be worried?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brunlin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Gronns Lorekeeper

There should be no worries eq1 remains by far more profitable than eq2 ever was for the franchise. If they release an eq2 xpac I we are good in eq1 lol.
    Brunlin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Think of the mobile app as free advertising for real EQ. Or if you like the drug dealer analogy, here's a free sample to get you hooked on the concept.

All I can say is: SEE YOU IN GAME LATER! :p

- Coag
  3. Shredd Augur

See expansion is coming and us hard core players will be ready.
  4. Lonestar Elder

Where is the oracle communications lady today? This is the day , just not the hour! My refresh button is wearing out.
    Roxxlyy and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

A lot of "gamers" don't take Mobile gaming serious so it isn't a surprise that there would be people crapping on it. The casual player is required to keep a franchise going and growing, always has been and always will be.

PUBG mobile for example in data from July was peaking at 5-10x more daily players then the PC version, mobile is likely more friendly with in-app purchases as well since that is the norm on the platform, so more players probably paying more on average.

The mobile version also brings it to more countries that aren't into PC gaming and probably wont ever be.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

Last year was announced on September 20th... so... It get's announced tomorrow.

Unless.... it was announced on the third Wednesday of September which means it will be announced today.

But, knowing that it is today and we have not gotten an announcement today, yet, then it wont be today.

Unless... You knew we would get all crazy and try to figure it out, so you are holding off letting us know until later today in order to fool us.

But, you know that we know you could do that, so you wouldn't do that.

Although, since you know that we know that you know that we know that, you very well might be planning on us not thinking it is later today because we know you know we know.

INCONCEIVABLE!
    Prathun and IblisTheMage like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well if it's not announced today or tomorrow, the game is shutting down Friday!
    Brunlin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Tiggold Augur

9. Razorfall Augur

They haven't announced it, but didn't they already mention the expansion and the next anniversary in the producers letter a while back?
  10. svann Augur

I believe it was a dev post here on the forum.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Both actually. There was a comment like "we are hard at work on the next expansion" in the Producer's Letter from the anniversary and the Devs have periodically alluded to an expansion in replies here and there.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Brunlin like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Patiently waiting for the announcement. It looks like EQ2's got theirs on Sept 14 so going off of 1 week, then perhaps tomorrow Sept 21 at the latest?
  13. WorriedinNorrath Elder

We also had a different producer for EQ and EQ 2 last year. That could change announcement dates. It was exactly one year ago today that Ring of Scale was announced.
  14. Frogmancer Augur

We definitely didn't. Mooncast has been the EverQuest and EverQuest II producer since at least Empires of Kunark.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

We absolutely do NOT need a level cap increase. Maybe that will help with an expeditious and successful deployment of the next expansion?
  16. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I guess I got
    Lauren and Holly confused.
  17. Yimin Augur

I am not worried ! We will get new expac , I just want to see case loot drop again in next expac..

YiMin
  18. Frogmancer Augur

Windstalker is the Executive Producer for the EverQuest Franchise, AFAIK.
  19. Frogmancer Augur

I suspect it's coming, either today or tomorrow. I've been pinging the @EverQuest Twitter account about it pretty persistently since...like...April. Patience, grasshopper!
  20. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Lol.

"I've been impatiently reminding these guys to tell me about something over and over for months".

"But you be patient, grasshopper".