Test Update 09/11/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 11, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

You're talking about a completely different situation.
  2. Midasa Elder

I just checked both test and live and my bag and item sounds are now working as before on test, but live is still not working. I have separate folders for each instance of EQ.
  3. Midasa Elder

Also, I checked the Volume setting in Options and with them both at 35% this holds true. If I turn live volume setting up to 70 or so, then the sound is about the same for bags, but way too loud for combat.
  4. segap Augur

Most changes this time of year tend to be related to expansion work they're doing. Tuning, nerfs and technical plumbing all trickle out rather than wait for release day.
  5. klanderso Developer

No change has been pushed to live yet, the fix is only on test.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Venau Augur

Hopefully not. Next expansion....your dreams and necro's dreams just MIGHT both come true.
  7. kizant Augur

I'm really not that concerned. If they do add something I'm sure it'll be pretty minor.
  8. Catashe Augur

Its not so much a bug from this patch but... Kerafyrm the Awakened in Crystallos is basically IMPOSSIBLE to taunt anymore since the Z axis change... his what I assume is hit/taunt box is HIGH HIGH in the air... Only way to taunt is basically use the ramps to try and get as hit as you can then hit taunt before you float down
  9. Maedhros High King

Somehow I missed this the first time I read through.
    Looks like a nice and long overdue return to some semblance of previous functionality. I don't know what the percent chance for RB to fire from a DOT was previously, but I'm glad to see the 15% here now.
  10. Moege Augur

RB now has a use again !
    Have not had the time to test this, is this on initial cast or for every dot tick ?
  11. Venau Augur

If memory serves me correctly.....prior to the nerf it would fire, on average, one out of 4 DoT casts. Or 25% of the time. So we are getting part of it back.
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Kezik Lorekeeper

- Shaman - Corrected an error Roar of the Lion that caused it to cast itself on the group for every group member it landed on.
    Going the wrong way on this one. Should read,
    Shaman- Corrected and error, Roar of the Lion will now be able to be MGB and TB. Also corrected many dots and debuffs from overwriting or blocking it. Also adjusted the Shaman and Druid regen line, so that it would stack with Roar of the Lion.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I don't know if this is the right place to post. My last post was censored (deleted). Basically just want to express concern over the implementation bug of theft of essence going in as an AE slow instead of an AE haste for pets. Hoping that the team can consider a hot fix instead of waiting a full month for it to go live, or a revert to old theft of essence until it can be fixed?
    Metanis and Sancus like this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...09-11-2018-new-bugs-only.251383/#post-3701189
  15. xxGriff Augur

Instances have begun to be hit or miss, more often, not spinning. began for me last night in TDS, Thuli Island could not get Grp mission for Progression while helping a friend.
    So Happy likes this.
  16. Password1234 Augur

Not a bug bug, but the new text for Presence of Fear is confusing.

"When enabled, this ability grants you a chance (with an 80% penalty) to trigger Presence of Fear III on attackers..."

An 80% penalty to what? Mitigation? Melee Damage? Proc rate? I don't know if I want to toggle it on because I don't know what the downsides to using it are.
  17. Dzarn Developer

Hopefully this will be more clear when all abilities are using slightly more standardized descriptions in the next patch.

Proc rates that are not directly represented by a 1-100% chance to trigger list their 'chance bonus' if it exists. So ability descriptions will read something like '...grants your melee attacks a chance (with a 20% bonus) to trigger proc...' or '...grants you a chance (with a 30% bonus) to trigger proc on yourself when struck in melee combat...'.

Presence of Fear may be the only current AA ability with a negative proc chance, which is written as an 80% penalty to its chance to trigger as compared to a defensive proc ability that has no modifier. The modifier was calculated in order to ensure the passive ability doesn't fire too often (very-very roughly a 1.05% chance to trigger per hit for 'normal' unslowed mobs.)
    Fanra likes this.
  18. Astrine New Member

When will the DB store reopen on test? We were told after live got the next update earlier this month. The update has come and still the DB store is still non-functional.
    So Happy likes this.
  19. Password1234 Augur

Thank you for this clarification. That makes sense in the larger context, but that phrasing still seems a little unclear, though I'm having trouble thinking of a better way to phrase it to be honest.

One other question: I just spent some time playing with this and I kept seeing the message "your target is immune to fear spells" whenever it went off. Is this the normal message for intimidation immunity or is it still trying to fear? I never actually saw it land on a mob, FWIW.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Are these calculations server-side or client?