Problem with Stonemight Goblins

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

The problem being that I keep getting killed by the little bastids! It is something I've never really made a study of but what is the fastest Druid movement spell of any duration? I know Spirit if the Cheetah is fastest but it is such a short duration that it isn't practical to count on it. I've been using Spirit of the Eagle but I cannot out run the little monsters with that and they hit so hard that you can't get a spell off to slow them down. Worst of all, the last time they got me was because Harmony was resisted. I've never had that happen before. I'm playing a level 64 Druid BTW.
  2. Nifty Slacker Augur

I would go to plane of valor. Most others would say go to plane of fire I think. I kinda hated the serpents spine for soloing, but if you want you could try the drakes in sunderrock springs.
  3. Finfan Augur

I was working the goblins because they drop a lot of plat. At times they equal the Rathe Mountain Hill Giants but are a lot harder to kill. I've also determined that I can Rez myself so I don't lose a lot of XP but still I'm just put out that there is a mob that is faster than me. That and I didn't know that Harmony could be resisted. I am talking about the up to Level 65 version. I've been to Hall of Honor and the Guardians there are not paid well at all! They almost never drop anything. Is the Plane of Valor any more lucrative?
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

My ranger has his pacify/harmony spell resisted every once in a while, but I don't remember the last time a resist caused agro. Make sure when you cast it, it actually sticks. I've taken it for granted that it sticks a few times without paying attention, and the results were unpleasant. :D

Are the goblins buffed with some sort of speed buff? If they are, just pull with a dispel. I've rarely seen mobs that have a natural run speed faster than anything a player can buff with...at least nothing that closes the distance faster than I can cast a snare.
  5. Finfan Augur

They are indeed buffed. The problem I encounter is when I get an add. I usually pull with a snare which is the same as a dispel for speed buffs. In the case of Harmony of Nature failing it did indeed cause aggro and a brought several down on myself. I must have rolled some bad dice for that one. I was going to see what Spirit of the Cheetah would do but it has a 10 minute reset so it wouldn't be useful.
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

Plane of valor doesn't drop much plat, but plane of fire drops lots of tradeskill items. Those are worth plat if you set up a trader or use /barter. At least that's what I'm told. Never been there myself.

The drakes in sunderrock are pretty slow, lots of single pulls as well. Not sure about plat there either though. They drop drake eggs, so you can make lots of egg batter with them. Not sure if anyone is buying them though.
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

8. Claudi Elder

I would rather lvl to 70 than spend time in The Steppes - then go Dragonscale Hills - lot of spells dropping there and they sell for 300+ plat. If you want to make money with 64 - go Bastion of Thunder. Diamonds, Sunshard Ore (which is still used by ppl to get there TS skills up fast and sells for 200pp / per)
  9. Finfan Augur

I'm trying a new tactic. I checked and the Goblins are buffed with SoW and are catching up with me when I use Spirit of the Eagle so I am assuming that SoE is slower than SoW. I am now buffed with SoW instead. I consider it a good thing that Druids can now rez themselves. At least I'm not losing too much XP. I suppose to test my theory I should just aggo one and run from it after the first hit.
  10. Finfan Augur

Experiment completed (accidentally). The little monsters are just faster than druid buffed PC's. I'm hunting the elementals now. Better XP anyway.
  11. Xenze Elder

Split paw elementals :) easier kills + better loots = exactly what you're looking for
  12. Finfan Augur

Where are they located? The only Splitpaws I know of are in S. Karana and that would be a lot lower level.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The lair of split paw was overrun by elementals. Not a bad zone 62 to 69ish
  14. Finfan Augur

Still can't find it. What expansion was this from?
  15. GNOME_POWER Augur

16. Shabby New Member

Are you running a merc? If your spell gets resisted the merc healer would pull aggro off you and give you time to ensnare.

Sirens grotto is decent loot at that lvl range also and in your xp range. Plus you can just hop out of the water to avoid most mobs.
  17. Finfan Augur

18. Havanap Elder

Same place!
  19. Judor Journeyman

SOE is the fastest for druids. When I kill the stonemights, I make sure to pull with snare, always, and keep exodus handy. Once they are snared, they move at a normal rate even once it wears off, with no casters around to rebuff them. Start at the end nearest the zone line, and work your way back methodically. There is a spot in the hills above the hut where the jug for the Serpent Seekers charm piece spawns that you can get stuff to pulling from the side, but it is more dangerous. If the chief is spawned in there he does a pretty harsh Death Touch spell to start off with that makes him very difficult, particularly for soloing.
  20. Finfan Augur

The problem isn't the pull, it's the adds. I know that most if not all of them are buffed with SoW while I have SoE on. Even if I have a slight head start they seem to catch me. I'm wondering if the movement buffs stack on base movement. Would the innate run speed AA make me move faster when buffed?