Old Man Mackenzie on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazz99, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Kazz99 Elder

So, he was released between SoD and UD on live (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=19684)

Pretty cool concept and I am told very fun, Phinny has progressed beyond where I had quit my EQ habit originally and everything here forward is fresh and new. I cannot see on interweb searches when this may be implemented on Phinny and was wondering if anyone from other TLPs post Combine (since it became a live server before this era) had any idea how it was handled previously? I would expect it to roll out with SoD since it technically is part of that era... but it would be nice to get some confirmation.
  2. Trow Journeyman

On Fippy we had OMM implemented during SoD. I may be wrong, but I don't believe it was introduced initially with SoD, but somewhere between SoD and Underfoot. A month post-SoD launch is a good time since all the group gear that drops from it is tier 4 quality. I sure wouldn't complain to see it launch at the start of SoD either because it can take awhile to farm some of those augs.
  3. Kobra Augur

Its too bad they nerfed the exp from them. It used to be very good.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Jaera Augur

OMM was available day one of SoD on Fippy/Vulak.
  5. snailish Augur

Minor derail:

I've always been interested what zones/missions/playstyles the playerbase would actually prefer if XP was the same no matter what zone.

I recognize that density, ease of access and mob behaviour would then factor in. It's just I have seen a lot of players repeatedly play something they say they hate (i.e., Fairy mission) because it was too good to not do.
  6. Machentoo Augur

No. Nerfing them was the best thing that ever happened to EQ. The exp game had become completely one dimensional and boring. There was a good eight month period where all anyone would want to do ever was OMM's, because the exp was so much better than anything else you can do.

There are only so many times you can crawl lguk and solb in an omm before you want to gouge your own eyes out.