TLP and classic secret Cat-Rooms + the ideas behind?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aegir, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegir Augur

Some zones had perfect Square rooms with either a Cat face or some texture with a Loc on it. Some said they were for GMs to port bad people to, or what where they?. While doing Velious hunters on Phinigel I discovered this room in Skyshrine, which was a new variation of these rooms. Anyone got more secret rooms stories to share?

[IMG]
    Karreck and Duder like this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

There are rooms like this in a lot of the classic zones. They were the spots GM's would port in when they first entered the zone, and some of them had locations for other spots written on the walls for quick reference. Sometimes a GM would take you to one to interrogate you while investigating pnp violations, or for other reasons (I remember being brought to the one in solb while a GM was retrieving my corpse from the wall.) Most people who worked as guides have seen at least some of them, iirc there was a document floating around that listed them.
    Aegir likes this.
  3. Imarabbit Journeyman

I definitely got sent to one back in '99. There was some sort of drama over stolen loots and the GM ported me to one of those square rooms in qenyos or something. Got held hostage and was interrogated.
  4. eviltwigflipper New Member

The only time I saw those rooms during live was in various emulators. I never knew that GM's would interrogate customers, much less take them to an actual interrogation room. That's interesting :).
  5. Machentoo Augur

Rumors were if they didn't like your answers, they would leave you there for a week two (melees anyway, who didn't have any way to gate or get out otherwise.) It was how they did suspensions before they had suspensions...
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

What happens in the cat room, stays in the cat room.
  7. Dailor Augur

I was taken to the cat room and instructed to take off my greaves while the GM's blared Rivervale music, and spammed crouch. I've never been the same.
    Neceros, Karreck, Gheed and 2 others like this.
  8. Punchu Augur

9. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

{snip}
    I'll let you speculate and not spoil it with truth :)
    Nennius and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

My first time ever playing EQ was at a buddy's house and I made a toon on his account with the name Krispykrememan. Within 10 minutes after character creation I was ported to one of those boxes with a GM who wanted me to change my name.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Use to be a little careful ducking and running into a corner at the entrance of Befallen would pop you into that cat room. I only knew they existed because I accidentally did that and had to petition.. and wait.. to get out :)

I had almost forgotten about them... think i'm going to have to note all their locations and make a fun quest on my involving them. mmmmm :)
  13. Iven the Lunatic

There is more than just one cat room. But I won't tell you where. :cool:

Did he also sp@nked you with da oogly stick ? :D

We seriously need such GMs back as there is a Krispykrememen invasion in Norrath. Would be a livetime job.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. generic Journeyman

the sad part is those cats are long dead now.
  15. Herf Augur

It's not a cat room, but is hidden. In the Field of Bone, Kurns Tower (not IN Kurns) there's a hidden portal room but the portal stone isn't glowing.

You have to be in wolf or maybe bear form to see it nowadays (unless they fixed that too.) Walk about halfway up the outer ramp and stick your nose through the wall and you'll see it. Rumor used to be it was accessible via various gymnastics while zoning into Kurns, but I could never make it work.

It didn't strike me as a GM room though. I always wondered where that portal stone would have ported to.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

Not that sad because it was only a digitalized photo of one cat applied onto one pattern texture.
  17. Numiko Augur

There are a bunch of mystery rooms, stair wells and never used zone lines in EQ, years ago someone made an app that would let you explore EQ zones off line and walk through the walls, was very interesting what you could find.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

Here it is

A few examples
  19. Brontus EQ Player Activist

SOE employees summoning players against their will to special rooms to interrogate them would not fly today and probably be grounds for a lawsuit.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Can't tell if you're serious...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.