Should we be worried?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brunlin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Shredd Augur

We all know it is coming.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I hear they have some EverQuest out West...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Roxxlyy Augur

We technically confirmed an expansion during this year's anniversary... We haven't announced anything yet beyond that, but if you're feeling concerned you might want to look back at the launch timeframe for last year's EQ expansion. ;)
  5. Frogmancer Augur

You get out of here with your logic. We don't need any of that around these parts.
  6. Brohg Augur

Launching mid-December was pretty terrible for my guild. We couldn't get folks up to speed & engaged week1 (exp bugs & missions weirdness didn't help, but still just 1 week to level up is a big ask for most players), so basically our whole start was pushed to the new year. November launches were WAY better for us.
    Xeladom and Metanis like this.
  7. Nenake Elder

Ring of Scale (RoS) is EverQuest's 24th expansion. It was announced on September 20, 2017. Pre-ordering and Beta access began Wednesday, October 25, 2017. It was released Tuesday, December 12, 2017.

3 days confirmed!!!
  8. Elskidor Augur

December launch doesn't sound fun at all but guess it gives me time to play in LDoN Agnaar a couple months.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I hope they launch 3 days later this year since that is my birthday. They only missed by a few days last year :p:D
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm. if you think everything will be awful how about December 7th. If you think all will be wonderful December 25th. Personally, I think the 12th or one day either side of that day is most likely. On the other hand, I did like New Coke, so my judgement is not always reliable.
    Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Roxxlyy Augur

(The timeframe should be estimated based off of last year, not taken as exact!)
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think that means we all need Druzzil Ro to send us back a few thousand years and mind-wipe us . . . ?
  13. Tiggold Augur

Or just have Druzzil take us back like 2 months so they can see just how horrible of a platform mobile phones are for FPS - maybe they won't waste an investors time.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or we could all...

Beimeith likes this.
  15. Catashe Augur

Sounds like that need to get them on that annoucement then! Players won't stand for it being even a day later then last year! chop chop! lol
  16. Riou EQResource

Mobile isn't really a horrible platform for it though? Fortnite and PUBG have pretty much proven it is fine in at least the TPS version of the shooter genre
  17. Thraine Augur

Those are simple games for simple people, im sure the EQ fanbase will not accept it as well as 12 year olds that play fortnite have.

They get a reset after every match. Think how this community would react to a reset :) lol
  18. Riou EQResource

Yea, but there's no way an EQ Mobile game plays anything like or even caters to either EQ1 or EQ2, it will be an EQ3 or a spinoff using EQ lore for a new audience :p

Realm Royale hasn't been done on phones yet and EQ themed version with changes could work, for example
  19. svann Augur

There is no evidence that they are going to transfer the actual EQ game to a mobile platform, and it makes no sense worrying that they would.
    1. as you say, it wont work for an mmorpg
    2. it would be way too much trouble to recode that pile of spaghetti
    3. there's no money in it

What they will do is make a mobile game with the EQ name on it, and some EQ lore.
  20. Tiggold Augur

I wasn't stating they would make an EQ mobile, but they are going to put in lots of time into H1Z1 mobile and if you watch any videos on Pro players specifically targeting mobile players you'll see why I say it's a waste. Children might like this idea because what 8 year old doesn't have a phone now? Mobile platform is the wrong direction for any game that is FPS. It's just more money and time wasted.
    If you count the endless videos on Youtube of players making fun of mobile platform players or specifically targeting them because they stand out so much, then saying they proved this platform to be 'fine' is incorrect. Those types of games will never work in a state that makes them desirable to play until we all have free WiFi with 10g bandwidth, in the woods, inside a bunker, with no outlets.