Too many people trying to login?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lungvin, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Lungvin Lorekeeper

As the title says. I went to login and it said there is a high volume of people trying to login at this time. please wait a few minutes and try again. Waited for 30 mins and nothing still can log in. Anyone know whats going on?
  2. Musicalmojo New Member

I've been experiencing the same, though I think I've only been trying for the last 15 minutes. Login servers generally down, or are they getting hit by a DDoS? What's the word?
  3. Cuddles New Member

Yep, been having the same issue for about 35 minutes as well.
  4. SlidHomes New Member

Daybreak is really going to think 3 people trying to login is "high volume" if this BS keeps going on.
  5. Sancus Augur

Bypassing the launcher via patchme works fine atm.
  6. Metrav Journeyman

For clarification on the patchme workaround (for those that don't know)

Go into your Everquest installation folder, find eqgame.exe. Right click to bring up the context menu, and select Send To -> Desktop (Create Shortcut).

Find the shortcut you just created on your desktop, right click and select Properties from the context menu.

There will be several lines with paths to the .exe file in the everquest folder, the very top line should say "Target". Place your cursor at the end of that line, press space one time, then type patchme.

click ok, and then use the shortcut to open the old login/password interface for Everquest. Provide your account details and Login, or Quick Connect to the last server.

Viola. Enjoy.
  7. Musicalmojo New Member

Thank you for the workaround. Looks like the regular login is working again.
  8. Roxxlyy Augur

Just a heads up, this was caused by some backend upgrades and may occur again briefly at 3PM PT (about 3 hours from now).
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

BACKEND UPGRADES? That is what fixed the sound issue then. I posted in test bugs that apparently the test update fixed sound since it now starts when game is launched as its supposed to and all sounds are there and don't come and go randomly any more. I knew it was not an update on my computer since I do those manually and there are tons of people who were having sound issues.
  10. Sancus Augur

I don't think backend updates to launchpad can have any affect on sound files on your computer.
  11. Cleaver Augur

Don't you mean downgrades not upgrades ?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Since many players are having sound issues since the last patch I would have to be playing on all their computers also.:D
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The sounds issues are being addressed in the next patch. Turn your volume down in the meantime.

Thanks for the update, Roxxlyy!