Soon-Shiong’s NantWorks Invests in Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Defjam1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They will probably do some augmented reality game, where you have to walk around in you neighborhood with your mobile and pick up collectibles...:rolleyes:
  2. Captain Video Augur

As opposed to wandering around your neighborhood slaughtering trash mobs.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Roxxlyy and Jumbur like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If they put out a mobile game and call it Everquest just getting the Everquest name out there will generate some interest in our Everquest.
  4. Snazster Elder

Is it too late to make EQ be the first mmo that allows use of VR? That might channel some interest.
  5. Jyve Augur

Being a bard is going to burn some calories.
  6. xakanrn Augur

As someone already pointed out this can only be a big positive to the everquest name and if successful maybe a push for a future EQ title on pc and console
    Why some oppose this is beyond me.
    Everquest as things stands would go the way of asheron's call in a few years forgotten in time and closed
    I fully welcome an attempt to bring Everquest to the mobile community!
  7. Risiko Augur

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall anyone opposing this move.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Me neither, we are just speculating, because we are puzzled about how "mobile" and "e-sport" is related to EQ1. :)
  9. jeskola pheerie

I saw about 6 different books for this in a store last weekend.
    [IMG]
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps they still have the bits to remake this from 2002:

Product description

Platform:Pocket PC
    From the Manufacturer

One of the largest fantasy adventure games ever makes its debut on one of the smallest PC platforms ever in EverQuest for the Pocket PC! Become a hero in the exciting world of Norrath, adventuring through consecutive chapters of unfolding story. Begin in Chapter 1 and transfer your character to to the second chapter, EverQuest: Attack on Qeynoscontinue your adventure. Or play with different characters: Both chapters are standalone products!
    In Chapter 1, enter an intense and story-driven saga in which the port city of Freeport is imperiled. It is up to you to defend it against the rising forces of evil at its gates. Can the city survive?
    Your epic journey doesn't stop there: Continue in the follow-up adventure, EverQuest: Attack on Qeynos. Journey to the legendary city of Qeynos and uncover the plot to hand over the city to the despicable gnolls. Who’s behind the treachery?
    Then, prepare for Chapter 3: Something is amiss on the continent of Faydwer. Whispers of war have spread like wildfire among the Dwarves, Elves and Gnomes. What could be driving these peaceful races to the brink of destruction? Will hundreds of years of harmony and peace be crushed forever? In the third chapter of EverQuest for the Pocket PC, War on FaydwerTM, you must answer these questions and more. Visit Kaladim, the mine city of Dwarves; Kelethin, the city in the trees; Ak'Anon, the city of Gnomes; and Felwithe, the city of High Elves. Battle monsters in Butcherblok Mountains, Steamfont Mountains, the Faydark Forests and Dagnor's Cauldron. The fate of Faydwer rests in your hands. Are you up to the challenge?
    No matter where you are, traveling your subway commute, enjoying an afternoon on the beach, or on your lunch break, EverQuest for the Pocket PC is your transportation to high adventure!
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

I want that ! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I have the players' book, the game masters' guide, and the monster book. The only problem I had with it is the regaining of mana and hp just like in the game... you rest or it slowly returns during combat. Hard to keep track of I thought. Of course, you could just keep track on game time/combat, and calculate it at the end of a set amount of game time.