Test Update 09/05/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

That's what I got too.

Though I am curious as to why berserkers throwing mastery is in there. Our throwing abilities are not tied to our weapon to be able to use the delay. Unless it is meant for when we are throwing actual items. If that were the case I wonder if it would create any conflicts when using the just the disc.
  2. Riou EQResource

It depends what the values are post change, and if you have any abilities that use those skill checks

The worst case is an 18 delay monk or rogue lose about 20% of the damage value that the AA added

Any weapon above ~22 delay should see gains if the same values were used, anything of those classes that has the same skill check, will see big relative gains

The biggest gains would need something like a 1/3 reduction to be the same pre and post
  3. segap Augur

And to change to delay agnostic, the current damage ratio (non-agnostic) will change. For which weapons it changes, will depend on where they set the baseline to do the new scaling. If they baseline from the low delay, the high delay weapons will gain dps. If they set it at the high delay, low delay weapons will lose dps. Some classes will have more choices to change weapons to take advantage of such changes. Others are far more restricted in choices.

This could all be wash if they've put in the effort to tune the separate AAs for each class and choose optimal values based on weapons available and common choices. But that assumes they've looked carefully at all the details instead of just making a change to potentially make itemization in the next expansion easier. Which is what this really looks like.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think the idea is to balance the added DPS across all weapon types. Rogues with a lower delay weap will get less per attack but they get more attacks in, while Zerkers will get more per attack but get less attacks in. In the end it should give an equal amount of damage regardless of the weapon used.
    Maedhros and Daedly like this.
  5. xxGriff Augur

Thank You
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Which Tendon Slice. There are 4 spells with that name.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Allayna likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

from what I can tell, the resist mob on that spell is unchanged since it's creation in 2014. It has no resist adjustment.
  10. Scornn Elder

Mind Phobiate Ranks 1 through 3 are not returning any mana to the caster, please look into this devs! Enchanter TBS level 75 Spell!

Thank you!
  11. Jondalar Augur

Can shamans also have this done for slow?
    Our AA slow had a much better resist modifier than the spell version.

12. Angahran Augur

Any ideas why Tendon Slice is firing on myself when I use Anziok's Bait Dispenser ?
  13. Allayna Augur

There are far more resists since the last live patch. That's without a malo toon in the group.
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Maedhros High King

Well ideally the math should equal out. It does not make sense for rogues to have the same innate dmg with two 19 delay weapons as a berserker with a 36 delay weapon.
  15. smash Augur

You say that, but zerkers should not have ever increasing damage compared to other classes
  16. Maedhros High King

I think you might want to grab a copy of a dictionary and find out what the word equal means.
  17. War_For_Hire New Member

This seriously defies logic. I've been ridiculed for using TGB, but now I can't wait to waste black wolf on the tank group instead of my group, while shortly after getting yelled and screamed at and berated because I forgot to switch targets since you took away my TGB. Brilliant stuff, DGB. I salute you. Well done. This game does need fewer quality of life options.
  18. Huenry New Member

This does seem pretty silly. What's the point of removing tgb? It was a useful tool that made group buffing explicit. Are we worried that people forget to turn it on when they cast group buffs? Why not be worried about people forgetting to turn it off when they cast group buffs (or especially heals)? It seems strange to remove a QoL option that's been around since... velious I think?
  19. Fnyanea Augur

Group black wolf has not been castable outside your group for many months.....
    Brohg, Allayna and svann like this.
  20. Horyuken Augur

Are you in a top 3 guild if your play is scrutinized to that level? Kind of takes the fun out of the game doesn't it?