Noble's Seal and Yimmrak the Herald in Kael

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Drewie Augur

At the end of the Reinforcements for the Tunarean Regiment quest in Kael, one of the rewards is Noble's Seal, an item with no quest tag (as of today) that was supposed to have some later use according to this old 2002 post :
    Could any dev please check if this is still an unimplemented quest ?

Also, I had no luck finding any book about Antonica, Faydwer and Odus that would be of interest to Yimmrak the Herald for the more recent and still unresolved quest Yimmrek's Old Bracer. Maybe a dev could check again, or add some hint in his dialog ?

And while I'm at it, is Carre Harger still spawning in Dawnshroud Peaks for the Hunter's Pike quest ? Either he has a very long respawn time, or he's bugged somehow.
  2. Prathun Developer

The Noble's Seal item is not used in any quest hand-in, tradeskill combine, task element, or script. If a developer was planning on adding a quest later that uses it, this never happened.

The books that Yimmrek the Herald is looking for cannot be acquired in game. The items exist in data. It's not clear where they were intended to come from.

Carre Harger doesn't spawn naturally, but upon the death of "A Tribal Prowler" in Dawnshroud.
    This thread on Zam talks about it:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=7397
    roguerunner, Drewie and Bobbybick like this.
  3. Drewie Augur

Thanks a lot ! The PH info was missing on the Carre Harger page, I'll add it later.
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

Sure thing. :) Note that it's the death event of the tribal prowler that spawns Carre Harger. They're not on the same encounter table.
    roguerunner likes this.
  5. Ryak Augur

Using convoluted, ridiculous and un-maintainable spawn mechanisms is such a Luclin thing to do.
    roguerunner and Prathun like this.
  6. Gnomereaper Augur

Can you make the Iksar Cultural Weapons and the Vah Shir Cloaks usible by all races? And give the ability for non Vah Shir to start the cloak quests.
  7. Prathun Developer

Man, you should have seen Hollowshade 1.0. Invisible men listening for shouts from the deaths of NPCs that spawns another invisible man that runs an NCD timer and then shouts when the timer expires which an invisible man hears and then respawns the NPC. It doesn't get much Luclin than that!
    IceSy, Eaiana, roguerunner and 4 others like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Weren’t the Grimling events also an immense clusterF?

I remember an old thread about bsts not able to do the medal part of their epic if the war there was completed, and one of you guys looked into changing it to address the bottleneck, and it was also comically complex/convoluted?

Definitely seems like a lunar trend :)
    Prathun likes this.
  9. Ryak Augur

I tested the grimling events extensively on Test when Phinny was in Velious because
    (1) late Velious is boring as hell (and we had an extra long Velious)
    (2) I wanted to do Agent Tiesh's Old Books (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2583)

Amazingly, all of the quests but one functioned perfectly. The borken one (number 3?) randomly spawns a grimling in the caves, making it very difficult to kill all the grimlings "at the camp" since the one in the caves counts as being in the camp, too.

Coincidentally, this is one of very few events that 100% drop the beastlord medal, normally making it pretty easy to get. If this event is down, beastlords are stuck trying for a 1 in a billion drop from bandits (or something dumb like that) to get the medal.

I had an interesting time trying to solo the final battle which involves "securing" 3 or 4 tents by leaving a player in there to prevent nearly instantly re-spawning grimlings from spawning, despite my pet luckily counting as able to secure a tent. I forget if i was also able to get my mercenary to secure a tent, but i never did manage to secure all the tents.

In the end all my preparation was pointless because someone else had already gotten the war into a won state on Phinny by the time I was ready to turn in.

I also have an interesting story about testing the life and death event a bunch after we mysteriously failed it on our second attempt on Phinny despite seemingly doing everything right.

I never did figure out why we failed. After that, we got paranoid about IMMEDIATELY killing all jammers and that seemed to work consistently.

I wonder if Khati sha's two adds are still bugged? Those adds might actually make Khati Sha the hardest fight in Luclin if they were working.

Huh, Luclin really does have a ton of these crazy scripted things. Although i'm not sure how many of the things that got revamped at some point got a more sane implementation at that time.

In case you can't tell, Luclin is my favorite "classic" expansion. :p
    Sheex and Prathun like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I still kill KS a lot for alts. And have always used the “spell jammers must die asap always” approach and never had any issues.

Never seen the 2 guards activate either. But then again since this on Live, after it spawns KS is dead in like 15-20 seconds tops.