Any chance of a "second agnarr" server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by z3r05k111, Sep 3, 2018.

1. z3r05k111 New Member

Was recently told about coirnav, and really wanted to get into TLP when it was still kind of early, but then a little more reading and I found that it would be just a basic progression server that would go past GoD and eventually unlock all servers.

That's cool and all, but not my cup of tea, and I'm justt wondering if anyone has any idea if something akin to Agnarr will ever be done again?
  2. Raltar Augur

Why? Agnarr is enough prison server for Everquest.
    an_ogre_monk00 and code-zero like this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Will always be another server the cost per user is so low at this point that not making one is bad business sense.....

What kind of server is another story
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Something "like" Agnarr is probably a tough call if you're talking about specific locks at points in time. I'm not sure there's been any sizeable vocal opinion that it's wanted. Frankly, I don't see the point since Agnarr and p99 scratch that itch.

Nonetheless, a new TLP is a certainty. We also cannot be sure, but it would seem bizarre if it was just another Phinny clone.
  5. EvilDeadIksar New Member

I don't care what server it is as long as there is another TLP, never got to go through the content from Classic and on up.
  6. Fhiele Augur

The only "prison TLP" I could see would be to do velious locked as a final FU to P99. I really enjoyed velious raiding, but with the AoC's, everyone who raids can get geared up all the way. 3 months into velious, I had just about everything. Now its like..5 months into pop? I don't have everything yet. So, I'd worry velious would be too content-light. And no bazaar ever. It would appeal to a subset of players, most of whom are probably on agnarr already.

Everything past PoP is just more mudflation. There's no logical stopping point after PoP if you were going to stop.
  7. TimeBreak Elder

OoW, DoN, or DoDH are easily very logical stopping points for another locked server. OoW is the clear choice with the expanded AA's and epic 1.5's and 2.0's. I added in DoN and DoDH, could also add in PoR for and giggles, just cause there were so many lvl 70 expansions.

I said even when Agnarr was announced that a lvl 70 locked server would be better, but Agnarr was still the best option at the time.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

But does it have highly repeatable content?

As much as POP-lock is a prison and we have "forever"... it still offers both a premier raid zone and the backflag aspect to keep people busy. Meanwhile, the newbie game is not yet trivialized.

I toyed around on a Live server, and there is no newbie game to speak of. Once you get too far in to EQ's expansion, it's all end game. Part of the reason for P99's massive success is that you can do something "meaningful" at just about any level. However, on Live, the first 50 or more levels are literally just something you need to get out of the way.
    snailish likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

I'd take it further and say the first 90 levels on live have become mostly pointless, unless you like an empty game to yourself (sometimes I do).

OoW lock could work because it is the next rich batch of content with a valid endgame-lock. I wouldn't go further into the level 70 expacs as they are already a limp zone of progression servers so my logic is holding them off gives them a bit more playability for the servers that progress through them.

The only other stop-spot that I would consider is TSS with defiant gear set at least one expac past TSS. 1-75 in TSS is a renewed game with lots to do (especially if defiant isn't making tons of gear obsolete the era it is new). I would ZEM the TSS zones to be the population gathering trail for 1-65 leveling.

You could do either of these with free trade loot, with both the pros and cons of that rule.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

At least 4 of the guilds clearing content on Coirnav left Phinny soon after Omens, and while I think Omens is a good spot to lock this would likely nuke Coirnav pop.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Another Agnarr that stops at LDoN then merges with Agnarr would be a sweet idea.

OoW, DoN and DoDH are all terrible expansion that would make for an awful place to stop a Time-Locked server. They're full of raids(other then Vish) and there little reason to do older/lower tier content outside of a few extremely time consuming but otherwise mostly trivial to obtain augs.
    Donroy likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

What are you smoking? DoN sucks but OoW (epic 1.5, 2.0 anyone?) and DoDH (missions) are two of the best expansions.
  13. Donroy Elder

I agree with WaitingformoreEQ. I had this same idea a few months back and still support it. Gives people a chance to experience the unlocks/classic content and eventually merge with the "live" Agnarr.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

OoW has raids 1 raid zone with 5 trival fights and 1 fight that is semi interesting until you realize that half the mechanics get completely trivialized by out of era Vet AA. The 2.0s are fun, but 98% of it is single group or solo content. Then after the first month when all the mains and useful alts got theirs and you're helping your friends useless box with a fight you already have done 20 times to obtain 1/10th of his epic doing these things quickly gets old.

DoDH just puke. Bunch of time wasting mechanics and one interesting fight. I'll pass on ever playing that expansion let alone wanting to be locked in it.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, I see. Raid vs. group. Big difference.
  16. Aeon New Member

Given Agnarr locks, as a current player there, I'd not mind an "End Day" where the server goes down and is then restarted fresh with minor tweaks to rules if desired, maybe even going up to a different expansion, pick locking required in early content, or whatnot.

Everyone on Agnarr knows our days there are numbered. So I'd have no problem with this.
  17. Montag Augur

Dude this is genius!
  18. Montag Augur

uhhh no...

there are many of us who want it to stay as it is forever. I would not have come back to eq if it were otherwise