This Months FV TLP Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotokan, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Rotokan New Member

Listen Daybreak,

FV Ruleset, Boxing allowed, Instances, Standard TLP ruleset for votes.

Make this server and any money problems will be over. There is a reason FV is still the most popular server.

I will activate like 8 accounts myself and i know a crap-ton of other people will do the same. We have been waiting for this for years. Stop recycling the current TLP system and give us something new that a lot of us have been waiting for.
  2. Silinius Augur

+1, 32 accounts + applicable XP Pots inc. if you do this.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I would like this but with Truebox preferably (sorry my Ragefire and Lockjaw friends).

Additionally I would like the below:
    Housing from when PoP opens
    Bazaar from day 1 with 5 standard pickzones or something for stability and to get past the 700 vendor cap. Create a translator gnome and put it in the CL tunnel to port up to the bazaar. Would just have to block off the other zones and TS area.

I know neither of those will likely happen but I'd be happy with some kind of (free trade) tlp server.
    Barton likes this.
  4. ForumBoss Augur

Yea, FV loot rules are fun. I have been enjoying the actual FV server lately. I prefer no truebox rule to save power, but I've already bought the PC's for Phinigel, so it isn't a huge deal to me either way.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  5. Rotokan New Member

I can appreciate that everyone has a preference to how they want to play, but the last few releases have all been true box and that is cool and all for those that want to play that way but there are alot of us who would like to be able to box a group at-least so we can farm on our own when we need to.

Most of the people that box that i know, myself included would drop a box in a heartbeat to get another person in there, its mostly done out of necessity. With instancing i can't see how it would be an issue for any 1 person if they rather not box they can make groups and go do them.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  6. Tesen New Member

The only other suggestion I have is equipment decommissioning/shard-ing/whatever you want to call it...
    Duplicate drops could be merged into the same item thus upgrading it but with diminishing returns.
    I'm not going to throw numbers out there but just keep it so the highest ac/hp/stat item from one prior expansion when "merged" several times does not overwhelm the next expansion.

FV ruleset with day 1 bazaar is easier to implement. And let's not kid ourselves: 12 week lockout for the first few expansions is probably too long due to lack of content.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you allow the 30+ boxing you can pretty much bet that it will be uber toxic. However, it would pave the way for basically a Lockjaw FV TLP and then a year later roll out the Phinny FV TLP. Just one more way to divide and conquer an already-small player base, unfortunately.
  8. Rotokan New Member

I play on a non instanced server and having big multi box crews has not made anything toxic they are virtually a non factor, i can only imagine with instancing that it would be even more of a non issue. What can a box crew do to you on an instanced server?

In terms of changing all the rules for the server i think the current servers are fine imo. the unlocks can be slow especially being in the top guild but for overall server health i think its still best. If you make it any faster than new people that come have 0 chance of catching up and just makes it not fun having to chase everything. I take breaks every xpac don't get me wrong it can be a bit stagnant but if im thinking overall and not just for myself its probably fine.
    The Hated One likes this.
  9. Cupie1 Journeyman

10. The Hated One Augur

I play on an instanced server and wife and I true box a pile of toons. We are a non -factor. I also play on a non true box TLP server and the wife and I box a pile of toons and we are a non factor. So...with instances I can say we would still be a non factor. If I could box on an instanced server that would be ideal. We would just be popping instances and enjoying content WITHOUT the caustic people who make gaming no fun like trainers, perma campers, camp stealers etc etc...
  11. Aziuno Augur

Want fun?

3 Week Expansion, Lvl increase - 2week no lvl increase.
    2x EXP Rate of Test

No Lockouts (Yes, None. You can go smack down raid target, drop DZ get a new one and Re smack it down.)

FV loot rules. If you can chain smack down raid targets they won't retain much value anyway, and it will allow people to main swap/etc easier along the way.

Truebox up to PoP, then unlocked.

PoK+Bazaar only+Guild Lobby Unlocked from launch.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

All the non-True Box TLP's are so far past their prime that it's easy to see it's not much of an issue. Where it is an issue is when servers are newer and the population is largely at the same point in progression, population is at its peak, and the krono farmers are going for the easy money.
    Yruc, Sumonerr_Tunare and Mad_Mikey like this.
  13. Rotokan New Member

I have been on Lockjaw since day one of the server, i do not bog huge box crews and at the time i played 2 characters a shaman and monk and i never had a box crew ever get in my way. or hinder me in anyway. Typically they spawn an instance when they zone into somewhere and go hang out in am empty instance... This same thing will happen on guess what? an instanced server.

Alot of the same information gets recycled from the people that are against boxing but no actual information.

Lets name off some things that you no box warriors are scared of. than maybe it can be addressed or discussed but you guys are just making blanket statements.

Also it would be cool to have servers with a bunch of different cool rulesets that im, sure alot of us have been thinking of over the years, but can we atleast agree that the more complicated we make this appear to DBG the less likely they are to actually do it. I think weather you agree on boxing or not is another matter. From a financial standpoint you should want boxing as it brings in funds and keeps servers running but that's just my opinion.

So i challenge you no box warriors to come here and state the things you are afraid of from box crews on an instanced server, so at least we can discuss actual facts.
  14. Risiko Augur

Just add AoC to the FV server, and you're there.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Live feed of the standard TLP krono farmer thinking about FV rules:

[IMG]

Perhaps it’s time to start stockpiling moist towelettes for said farmers to clean up afterwards. Corner the market!
    Barton, a_librarian and HoodenShuklak like this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Did you play agnarr?

It was common for people to pick hop at high money camps. Sure you didn't see them leveling up but that's not where they were trouble. Its too easy for them to sit at efreeti or frenzy and pick.

They aren't very agile or mobile though.
  17. Rotokan New Member

Yes box crews picked over to farm multiple camps... my question is... how does that affect you personally? Whenever i have been at a camp and one picks over to where i am at they just leave for another one. Are you saying they are coming in while you are at the camp and just taking over? cause that is an addressable issue on its own.
  18. DeseanJackson Augur

No thanks to FV rule set, ruins the game IMO and devalues accomplishing anything in an already not too difficult game.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nothing about EQ currently is considered accomplishments....
    Devaluing items on a server is great for people having fun.
  20. Kahna Augur

Lockjaw and Ragefire were bad in classic, and only a small fraction of that “bad” came from the raid scene. Crowding was very much an issue, even with /picks, and spots were often taken by box crews. Raid instances do nothing for the group scene, and picks are not balanced well enough and even without box crews can get crowded, box crews only exacerbate the problem. Say what you will, but people feel less annoyed when their camp is taken by a regular group than when it’s taken by a box crew. Just human nature.

Additionally, box crews reduce the need for community building, even within guilds. Socialization is reduced overall when you don’t need other people to accomplish any of your goals outside of raiding. Sure, box groups say they are happy to drop a box for a guildmate, but it’s not much fun to be the one other real person playing while Joe plays his whole box crew. Others are more likely to just grab a few boxes themselves, then you have a server full of box groups all off doing their own thing and occasionally getting together to raid. Basically, when you can solo everything outside of raids you run into the same socialization problems that WoW has. If I want that style of gameplay I will just go play WoW and only have to play for 1 subscription.

I don’t hate Box crews, I box, I have friends that box, but the game’s social aspects are improved by limiting boxing. It feels more like EQ.

I played on Lockjaw and Ragefire in classic and Kunark, I played on Phinny and Agnarr and Coirnav in classic and beyond. Boxing definitely becomes less of an issue as the expansions progress, and I wouldn’t mind the restrictions being lifted post PoP, but before that, the game’s social side is healthier with the true box restrictions.