Coirnav: Please reconsider the xp rate during Velious

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by a_librarian, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Febb Augur

It sounds to me that you are a casual player that doesn't like to group and want to solo whenever you want and still gain levels quickly. Coirnav is not the server if that's your play style. You would be much happier on test which has the highest experience rate of any server and you can solo easily.
  2. Dilf Augur

In regards to the amount of PL'ing going on, Phinigel was just as notorious for selling PL's in Grieg's End, The Deep, Seb, and Chardok. You couldn't touch mobs in there without getting steamrolled by the massive pulls. The same people on Phinigel doing it are the same ones selling on Coirnav.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

My problem with the OP and Zenkeh posts are that what he is claiming to experience on Corinav, I am not, not for the most part at least. My main is a Chanter level 52 and I have several alts, Necro 25, Shaman 17, Mage 16 and Druid 14.

About the only thing I agree on is that depending on your races starting location, the 1-10 can be a bit tough. For example there really are no groups at all for 1-10 to join near the DE starting area. On the converse of that though WE and HE get Befallen and it is always hoping. As for the rest you just have to go where the people are. Unrest is packed with 3-4 picks at all times. Lguk for the low 30s through mid 40s. Karnor's castle and Seb plus others at 40-50. Chardok, HS and others at 50+ and now we have Velious with VL having like 8-10 picks going at any given time not to mention other areas. I think the only place I find issues with leveling is the 25-30 range as only the basement really gives you XP at those ranges and you really need to be 30+ for Lguk. I am also sure these aren't the only places to go.

As for a slow down at 40, yep it starts slowing down but that is by design. I forget the XP progression but I think the next level takes like 2-3x the XP to progress to and 50-60 are even slower progression but hitting 50 everything opens up and there are tons and tons of things I can do and places I can group.

As far as the Tunnel, I darn near live in the Tunnel because I love to play Daytrader there and buy low and sell high to earn my plat. I have literally hundreds of buy and sell transactions under my belt in the last two months and for the most part I have seen a very thriving market. Hell I turned 1300 plat into just shy of 14 krono in two months time and you can't do that unless there are actually tons of people buying and selling.

I think my only issue with Corinav is the 12 week unlock cycle. It just isn't long enough. I just managed to start doing the higher level Kunark content when Velious came out and now I am on the Velious treadmill trying everything in my power to get to 60, acquire my jewels and armor drops and get Skyshrine faction before Luclin comes out in 11 weeks. More than likely I am going to have to just settle for Thurg faction and probably won't have all the much time to really play through all the content in Velious. If I could change anything it would be to change the 12 week cycle to a 24 week cycle just to give me time to see and do everything and maybe bring up an alt or two through the content as well. Sure speeding up XP means it would be easier to progress a few alts but it isn't going to help with the questing and faction farming.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a horrible idea (not yours, I presume).
  5. Piznut Angry Gnome

I will say, although I’ve never really had a huge issue with Coirnav’s XP rate, the past few days with the XP bonus have been the most enjoyment I’ve had leveling Alts since the server began. Instead of just mindlessly grinding and power leveling, I actually joined real groups and had a blast. And most people stuck around for a while. There was more motivation to stay when you see reasonable Progression through the levels vs. killing for 4-5 hours nonstop per level. I felt like the groups I was in felt more “fun” to people, because the exp came reasonably without mindless chain pulling.

I don’t think the exp should be buffed up to where it currently is, but I would support somewhere in between. That’s just my opinion, though.
  6. Aziuno Augur

This happens pretty much every Bonus EXP session. If it were always on you would not have people coming back at a specific time, for the longer periods of time you see them currently doing.
  7. Risiko Augur

Please no. That only makes the game we all play go away for good. The game simply will not survive a mass exodus of cash flow, so the only person you are hurting by voting with your wallet is yourself.

He's not wrong.

I can see the experience rate being what it is on Coirnav from Classic through the Kunark expansion, but it just doesn't make sense to have this slow of an experience rate in Velious and beyond.

This is how I believe the experience rate should be on Coirnav and future TLP servers:
    1. Server open through Ruins of Kunark expansion = Current Coirnav experience rate
    2. Scars of Velious through Lost Dungeons of Norrath = Faster than current Coirnav, slower than Gates of Discord boost
    3. Gates of Discord = the GoD experience boost
    That way, you get the slow classic-like experience for server start up through Ruins of Kunark, and then you move to a slightly better experience rate when Scars of Velious releases.

This will help with the late comers to the server that missed the first wave of leveling when the server opened with out being instant level 60s.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

You're saying people should continue to pay for something they don't want, just to keep the game alive? You realize how that sounds, right? This isn't charity.
  9. Risiko Augur

I know exactly how it sounds. Sometimes reality is not what you want.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

the reality is hes right. Charity won't keep a for profit company in business. Laws of economics aren't going to make exceptions for love or sometimes feelings.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ever think the experience rate should be tiered on any new TLP?

Example if the server started out in classic: (Can adjust as needed)
    • Agnarr exp rate for 1 - 15
    • Phinny exp rate 16 - 35
    • Corinav exp rate 36 - (current exp cap)
    • Can even make the top tier worse than Coirnav if you like....
    Every expansion, just move the rates up (X) levels, you'll still get the benefit of slowing down the upper part and speeding up the lower folks to keep adding new folks into the mix much easier.
    Risiko likes this.
  12. Kahna Augur

Huh? Phinny and Coirnav have the same exp rate. There really is no need to make this overly complicated.
  13. Snomie Elder

Is there even any point in changing Coirnav this late in the game? At this stage you must as well just let Coirnav run it's course. It's already in Velious, so you just have SoL-PoP left of healthy-ish population before it experiences the typical mass exodus due to new TLP/PoP-Ldon dropoff.

A bit late to be making changes to it at this point. Just leave the server be and let it run it's course, then make a better/more unique server next TLP release.
  14. a_librarian Augur

That's the most likely outcome here, I'm expecting the xp stays slow so they have an audience ready for the next TLP who has already quit due to burn out or never touched this server. Will be an easy sell for them to say to those players 'come get a fresh start with fast xp and you probably won't get left behind this time'.

I'd still like to see them experiment with hotzones or other systems to incentivize players to xp off the beaten path, and to make the 1-10/15 experience smoother for players starting later in a servers life when they will most likely be alone in their newbie zone. And maybe experiment with smoothing out the GoD xp boost to be phased in during Velious like Risiko mentioned.

I think all these things would be a positive thing for any future TLP server and are worth experimenting with now on Coirnav
  15. Trevalon Augur

I'd return to EQ if they would increase the EXP rate of Coirnav to be Agnarr or faster. Problem is after doing it on Sleeper, Vulak, Ragefire, Lockjaw, Phinny, and then Agnarr...I just couldn't stomach the slower exp of Coirnav again - so I unsubbed my accounts and have been somewhat enjoying BFA.

I'm sure ill come back if a new server is released with a faster EXP rate or if Coirnav's exp rate increases. Until then, well, other games await!
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I assumed he meant the Phinny starting xp rate.
  17. Kahna Augur

So... He wants exp to be faster than Coirnav, then slower than Coirnav levels for the mid-levels, then speed them up again to Coirnav levels for the higher levels? That makes no sense.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Agreed. None of these, "My great idea for a server" threads/comments make any sense. /shrug
  19. Risiko Augur

When it comes right down to it, I'm 60 on my SK, and I made a decision not to alt on this server. So, it doesn't affect me one way or the other.

That being said, I do like playing with other people, and if increasing the experience rate means getting more people to play on Coirnav, then I'm ok with that.
  20. Hinastrom Elder

Started a new paladin alt today, twinked with most of the key stuff (haste, jeldorin, fungi). I also had my very low alt druid there to give him a 8 pnt DS.

Took like 30-40 mins to get to 5. The problem was, especially around 3 or so, even cons were giving 1-2% exp.

If I was not twinked, this 1-5 would of probably taken 3-4 hours. This will kill any legit new players desire to be on the server. There are little to no groups pre 10.

The lower levels really need to be looked at. It seems a simple fix to me no? But I don't wanna rmchair dev.