Different 3box idea, cleric wizard mage AE

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nebulism, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Nebulism Lorekeeper

All,

I've played quite a few 3boxes that were either pet heavy or had a player tank and they do a fine job.

That said, I enjoy slaughtering blue to light blue npcs, and I think I want to level up a cleric as a new main. I'm planning on using a swarm killing technique where I basically have 2/3 caster mercs on burn AE, wizard pc AE, and mage beams/AE (pet too). Cleric has some AE as well. Has anyone tried this post level 80? I know it will work well enough at the lower levels for sure.

Also how durable is a geared cleric at 110? Are mage earth pets fairing well at 110 with good focus too?

Cheers,
    Neb
  2. Tucoh Augur

I cant comment on wizard ae, but ive been dissapointed in both wizard merc and mage ae, personally.

Ive thought about putting together a wizard ae six box but always felt like itd be such a hassle to collect the mobs together in sufficient numbers with enough safety to make it worth it. Sure, there are places where it is easy, but most of the time it isnt.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

I would be worried about having no super aggro tank...
  4. Aurastrider Augur

For LB and lower mass killing SK positioned in front of mages using beams is money from my experience. SK. Swarm ability with the mage beams can clear an area rather fast. The issue with AE without a class to hold AE agro is your casters will become paper tanks very quickly.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Wizard AoEs requires "active positioning".
    Some aes are frontal beams, one is a targeted ground-area, and others can hit yourself too. and they all have different cooldowns, so you can't just spam one of them. I can't imagine that being very box friendly.
  6. Nebulism Lorekeeper

Thanks all, good points especially about positioning and aggro. I'll do some more thinking about it.

Cheers!
  7. Docshady New Member

That is what i do currently. I play cleric,wizard, sk. I use sk to pull and keep ae agro while ae'ing on my wizard when needed. And yes Jumbur is correct, you cannot spam any of the ae spells , but you can set up a rotation/social to use the beams after you have done the splashes. i use the 3 splashes then the 2 best beams at my level and the latest stun dmg ae.
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That can work, but the stun dmg ae autocasts a shadow-step on you(I think). Maybe you can get away with blocking the shadow-step portion, otherwise it will get confusing...:)
  9. Rizzin Elder

At level 104, a Necro gains an A/E aura that is pretty powerful called Remote Sphere of Decay (I get around 100K a tick). Cast the auro and feign death to avoid agro then engage with the rest of your A/E party... reapply when it fades. I use this in a box on lower level stuff (light blue mostly, but some blue as well) and the Necro pet is fine (I'm only grouped geared, but I can molo most named in EOK).
  10. Gnomereaper Augur

Cleric is a great class post 75. However, swarming is typically SK/Necromancer thing.