Discuss: Unlock Extended Target Window in TBS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coppercoz, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Coppercoz Augur

My guild still has yet to completely clear Solteris, but we're not too far from it. I think I can safely say a
    couple of the events in this expansion pegs out the tedious meter (guess I should say "tabs" out). I have never raided with an extended target window available, but it seems these balance events could really use the extended target without sacrificing too much difficulty.

I almost feel like TBS could end up being the real guild killer due to the tedium of these events and its not like you can skip them like say, Rathe Council, after a while.
  2. Catashe Augur

you know you can mark most of the mobs with raid target rings right? that way anyone can see the mobs health basically by zooming out.. as long as the mobs nameplate ain't in a wall right? Don't get me wrong, sure extended target would help but its not make or break for any guild trying to clear solteris
  3. Punchu Augur

The first key to the balance fights is to have competent DPS that you trust assigned to specific tank's giants.

Then assign someone to be your extended target window for you. Their job is to cycle through the targets and keep track of everything and call out the next percentage. Nobody goes below what the caller calls out.

When the caller is on point and the DPS pay attention Balreth is ez and boring. Commodus is a little more exciting with the mechanic that makes them go out of balance every couple minutes. But you just need whichever DPS is on the giant who's health increased to call it out so he can be knocked down real quick.

As for the extended target window, I wouldn't say no, but I'm not holding my breath.
  4. taliefer Augur

meh, i wouldnt be opposed i guess, its definitely useful. but then people will want agro meters added as QoL to the base ui or something, and the moment that happens i stop playing TLPs.

agro meters are the worst things to ever happen to MMOs in all of MMOdome.
  5. Ryak Augur

Eh, I don't really see the need, but i wouldn't complain if it happened, I guess.
  6. VandilIzer Augur

I also have to agree, the Solteris bosses dont need a extended target window, 1 person tabbing through targets can inform the raid what % to stop at and having tanks call out if their mob "heals" can get DPS switched quickly to handle it with a good raid force.

These 2 balance fights already aren't the most challenging parts of Solteris, EXT Target would just make them even easier and more boring IMO.
  7. Machentoo Augur

I suspect a lot of guilds aren't using all the resources we currently have available.

If you use /rmark on 3 mobs, use /gmark on 3 mobs, and set two tanks to MA, you can see the hitpoints on all 8 mobs at once with no cycling targets. Careful positioning and camera angles should let everyone see all 8 at once.

Extended target would be nice, especially on Commodus lifetaps, but it really isn't too tedious with the tools we currently have available.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

use a voice, and call %'s its not that hard.
  9. Celatus Augur

extended target should go in classic. I see no reason for it not to.