Live Update Bugs: 8/15/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 15, 2018.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

The focus effect on the Velazul's Dragonbrood tunic does not seem to be working. At least, there is no message about it coming alive when I cast any of the spells in the Frozen Toxin line. I tried Frozen Toxin rk. 2 (didn't expect to work from the description on the item), frozen miasma rk. 3, frozen cyanin, frozen venin rk. 2, and frozen venom. Should there be a message saying the tunic comes alive indicaton the focus is working on these spells? And is there any chance it will be updated to work in Frozen toxin like the scale touched and scaled dragonbrood tunics do?

Update - I think maybe the focus from the wristguard is better os the focus on the tunic is essentially useless? This will be better in the class board.
  2. Herf Augur

Since yesterday one of my accounts, on a seperate machine, has had problems with texture mapping when zoning into PoK. Nothing on the machine has changed hardware wise. When zoning into PoK I often see a textureless world of grey polygons. A second or three later it usually starts to fill in with textures, but often the fill in is not complete. Tree foliage in particular seems less likely to fill in (though I doubt it's because it's tree foliage, more likely it's related to complexity, or height, or being partially transparent.)

This problem is real. Another person in my guild has experienced it yesterday as well. Were there any updates done in the past few days? Anything that's CPU or graphics chip specific?

My other computer, my primary one, runs a separate account and so far at least has not seen this problem.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I would need to know what items you are wearing in all slots with focus effects
  4. Sancus Augur

No, the BP uses SPA 413. Worn foci use SPA 124. If you have Eye of Decay >= 7%, the BP won't take affect.
  5. Greymantle Augur

This has been going on for a while. I have this happen every time i zone. As i have a fairly good pc setup i have a feeling it has more to do with latency effects due to various spots in the internet. Have some places started the 'throttoling" (sp) that was talked about with the demize of net nuetrailty in the US?
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

The texture load in problem is coming from the (ancient) graphics engine. All the graphics data is stored on the clients PC.
  7. Goodn Augur

8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I got the details, and that's the wrong line of spells it needs to be the frozen X poison/ice line of spells (frozen miasma poison, frozen cyanin poison, etc...) (which may be cast by the spells mentioned, but it's the secondary spells, not the primary spell if that's the case, and sorry. spent too much time here today so not looking up the spell)
    but ALSO... the EoK BP will not work on RoS spells, which is the Toxic X poison/ice line.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah this sound thing is way out of control. I have always loved the loading music and really pushed hard to have it back to the original when they changed it a few years ago so its nice we have a choice (original or random) but now mine either doesn't play at all or will just start playing halfway thru loading up the game. Then another account won't play at all. Or it might start up right in the middle of something. Many of us who can still level really miss the DING! Maybe we could get this put on the fix list?
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Ive seen this for a while zoning into pok especially. Its not that my machine is slow loading - I have an ssd and besides which I can stand there for a half hour and then when I turn to face the lagpile they are still grey for about 2 seconds. Its like the client isnt bothering to load textures until it needs them. Memory mode set to maximum usage.
  11. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

12. Inagaki Elder

This Cleric Merc aggro after patch is exploitable on green and grey mobs. Do look into it fast.
  13. Daedly Augur

End of Empire RoS group mission:
    Sometimes the Soulfeasters, or whatever mobs that summon the dogs, will move toward the fight, sometimes they don't. I thought it had something to do with the friendly NPC's being close enough, but it turns out I was wrong.

So is it a bug that they won't move from their spawn location even when being aggro'd by a player?
    Or is it s bug that they move at all?
  14. Aurmoon Augur

Daedly - from my experience they only move upon the death of the 3rd veteran. That’s one of the reasons killing all three veterans simultaneously is so important - because you can’t really start in on the soulfeasters until they all die. First veteran unleashes the dogs, second veteran unleashes the named, and third unleashes the soulfeasters.
    Daedly likes this.
  15. Siny Augur

16. GNOME_POWER Augur

When the memory mode of the advanced options window is set to Least, the texture is drawn little by little.
    The cause may be insufficient memory.
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide

There is no texture delay so far in my environment at the moment.
  17. webs New Member

Berserker torrid frenzy is broken, you must not be in combat to use it, and it rarely refreshes.
  18. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Sharpening stone was consumed on a failed attempt making conflagrant claws.
  19. Stinger New Member

The item Torch of Alna's Minion of Fire focus effect isnt working on Corinav
  20. doah Augur

not really a bug but a suggestion. Could the /help menu get cleaned up and sorted alphabetically?