Do the market place potions really work?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Getonethingright, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Getonethingright New Member

Just bought a + int stat potion to help level up my skills in prep for Velious, claimed it, clicked it and no stat increase but have the buff. Is it really working with no visible proof?
  2. Prathun Developer

The +INT potions seem to work OK.
    Just to be sure I'm testing the exact same thing that you're using, what's the name of the item and/or the spell it's casting? Also, is your INT capped?
  3. Dropfast Augur

My guess is that he is capped.

Really all stats potions ( MP and the Tradeskilled ones) should be adding heroic stats or an = amount to cap so that you actually get what you paid for. The TS pots you all have been making for the past few years (Ex. Gorowyn Fortified Drink) are 100% worthless because anyone who is even of level to use them, is already capped in stats. But that's just my 2 cents on this subject.

If your going to keep them they way they are, then you need to adjust the description to clearly state that they do not add to Cap or Heroics. Thx
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Prathun like this.
  4. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

Since we're here and talking about the marketplace, can we remove the "Spell Rank cap increase" and "task cap increase" and "AA cap increase"? I bought them a while back not realizing that they actually do nothing on the TLP servers. Or am I misunderstanding what they actually do? I couldn't go above my old AA cap anyways, I bought them all back in GOD/OOW.

Thanks!
  5. Getonethingright New Member

I had 98 Int so I was not cap'd, this was like 15 hours ago so I no longer have the potion effects, but trust me it was the correct one I read it several times.
  6. Prathun Developer

Okay, so not capped.
    Any idea on the name of the item? There are several and I just wanted to make sure I'm testing the same item / spell that you're using.
  7. Getonethingright New Member

The item produced from the Bottle of the Cetacean Pack.
  8. Rickate Augur

Best guess you got a buff from an Enc before taking the next step of spending DBC. Brilliance or Insight, whatever is available during Kunark and the general rule is that potions are a lesser version of the spell.
  9. Prathun Developer

There are two items with the name Bottle of the Cetacean Pack and 28 Bottle of the Cetacean <Rank> items that can result from using the pack. Which bottle item is given is dependent on your level and which expansions have unlocked on your server.

ITEM_NUMBER NAME
    47780 Bottle of the Cetacean Pack
    109857 Bottle of the Cetacean Pack
    47781 Bottle of the Cetacean I
    47782 Bottle of the Cetacean II
    47783 Bottle of the Cetacean III
    47784 Bottle of the Cetacean IV
    47785 Bottle of the Cetacean V
    47786 Bottle of the Cetacean VI
    47787 Bottle of the Cetacean VII
    47788 Bottle of the Cetacean VIII
    47789 Bottle of the Cetacean IX
    47790 Bottle of the Cetacean X
    47791 Bottle of the Cetacean XI
    47792 Bottle of the Cetacean XII
    47793 Bottle of the Cetacean XIII
    47794 Bottle of the Cetacean XIV
    109858 Bottle of the Cetacean I
    109859 Bottle of the Cetacean II
    109860 Bottle of the Cetacean III
    109861 Bottle of the Cetacean IV
    109862 Bottle of the Cetacean V
    109863 Bottle of the Cetacean VI
    109864 Bottle of the Cetacean VII
    109865 Bottle of the Cetacean VIII
    109866 Bottle of the Cetacean IX
    109867 Bottle of the Cetacean X
    109868 Bottle of the Cetacean XI
    109869 Bottle of the Cetacean XII
    109870 Bottle of the Cetacean XIII
    109871 Bottle of the Cetacean XIV

When you used the Pack, what was the level of the character and what was the most recent expansion unlocked on the server?