Instead of bonus exp for Labor Day weekend...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Lilura Augur

How about a major increase in the spawn rate for named? I have spent 3 days in Lcea trying to get the Blazing Hen for its aug, and then it's on to other ridiculously rare spawns.

I'm guessing a lot of folks are max XP, even on alts, and would much rather have augs, Selrachs so they can upgrade to Scale, and other rare drops from named that are much too shy and rare.

Who's with me?
  2. Monkman Augur

Rather have double faction/lockout reduction but double named will suffice..

Just for the love of god no more double xp
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I like double exp. It's been a while since we had it. This last bonus was small. The one before that 76%.

It's not unheard of for them to increase spawns, faction and exp. Why cut one out?
    Risiko, snailish and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Elskidor Augur

76% is the highest we've had in a great while. 50% seems to be the norm nowadays so I wouldn't expect anything more really. It's possible they give us nothing too. If patches continue to be as bad as they have been this year DBG might just give us a monthly xp bonus weekend and call it a day.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Personally I'd prefer named than xp, but will take what I can get. A bonus is a bonus.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I have no use for double named. Double XP would help me level up my many characters. My highest levelled up, not HC, character is a 66th Ranger.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

The truth is, Daybreak is so out of touch with the player base, they have no idea how to "reward" players. Case in point: the floating, patriotic, phallus familiar we all just got.

Look, we're talking a weekend here, maybe four or five days at most. There would be ZERO harm to the game to give players double xp, double spawn rate, and double drop rate...all at once. For crying out loud, just do something fun and make players happy.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Personally I love having both increased spawns and xp. It gives me an excuse to work on hunter achievements in areas I can get some toons xp while also knocking out my hunter or going after a needed drop.
  9. Visitor Augur

We had a month of increased rare spawns before the release of RoS, we may see that again before the next release. I suggest take what we get and work with it, if bonus XP comes and you don't need it, maybe help a friend that does.
  10. xcitng Augur

I am hoping for a nice experience bonus. :)
    Risiko and eqgamer like this.
  11. Dropfast Augur

I would have to agree with this. We get way more XP bonuses each year than we do named spawn increase. I wish they would do this one more often. You can earn XP 24/7 365. You can't make named spawn faster, ever. Not to mention the abysmal spawn rates the past few expansions. My vote will always be for named spawn rates over XP bonus.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

I have 6 chars with max AA and max level and most Hunter achievements done. I have no dog in this fight directly, but I still agree with the OP. Bonus EXP is /yawn. Give it, don't give, who cares? But people might actually log in and play to work on Hunters!

And really, in light of all the F ups this year with just about every game modification and patch they should offer a 50% off sale on everything in the Marketplace through the end of the year including the RoS expansion itself. I could always use more Perfected distillers.
  13. svann Augur

I hear Champions Online got cake - and there were complaints of no ice cream.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Double tradeskill bonus!

I'm happy with double exp, double named, doubled anything really. I'm normally busy at weekends with the family so I'll take anything I can get for the few hours I get to play at the weekend.
  15. Aurmoon Augur

Need more creativity in the bonuses as both increased xp and increased spawns have played out!

How about a weekend where tradeskill combines cannot possibly fail?
    How about double currency rewards, or half off cost of existing currency bought items?
    How about a “token of trade” that allows you to, just once per account, trade a no drop item?
    How about double drop and spawn rate on collectibles?
    How about 5x drop rate on Chase loot?

So many interesting ways to take this — I do hope they branch out away from double xp every holiday.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Please no double named. I have to travel this weekend!!!
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

(inserted inside)

So, while yes... some of these are interesting, none of them can be done for THIS holiday. (or any holiday within a bunch of months at least...)
    Yinla, Risiko, Spellfire and 4 others like this.
  18. Petalonyx Augur

I just want to say how appreciative I am for the candid dev responses in this game/community. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience to know what's going on and the rationale behind decisions. This is in VERY stark contrast to some other companies/devs. Makes me want to play and support this game much more!
  19. Angahran Augur

How about an option to have the 'bonus' as a clickable item so that those people who work when everyone else has a holiday can actually participate ?
    Exmortis_MT likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

Put Arachnophobia Nimbus back in the store and we're good.
    Renotaki likes this.