Next TLP, any timeframe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Uhm...three months of classic/kunark followed by 1 month of velious/luclin doesn't make any sense at all. Three months is a crazy long time at this point, even for classic... While I did really enjoy Kunark the two times I played through it (once on live and once on Agnarr), it seems the main reason why many people specifically like being in Kunark for three months on a TLP is because it's so great for farming that precious krono.

"But muh epic, it takes forever to do!" If you're breezing through velious and luclin with only a month to unlock the next expansion, the majority of epics would literally be a waste of time. From the hip, the only one worth doing would be clerics.

PS: No one should want three months of Kunark.
  2. Raltar Augur

Good luck finishing expansions like Underfoot in era with 1 month timers.
  3. Kolani Augur

Make it original FV ruleset so people stop asking for Free Trade and masking it behind "FV Ruleset." Give them everything they don't want that was a part of the FV rules at launch. :D
  4. Celatus Augur

FV loot rules will keep away as many people as it brings in...
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

The introduction of krono was one of the worst things to happen to this game. I will stand by that regardless your argument. Yes RMT existed prior, but it has only become a plague after. It is too late to remove it. That doesn't make it any less wrong.
  6. Febb Augur

Any time tradeable loot is in game, RMT will exist regardless of what type of currency is used. Daybreak got smart after losing out to the plat farmers and introduced the krono so they get a cut of the RMT market. If it wasn't for that, EQ would be in much worse shape. So no, krono was one of the best things to happen to this game.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They likely won't do another Quarm server because they didn't setup the first one in a way that would make them $$$. Little XP pot sales because of basically live XP rates and little reason to buy things like bags/vanity items because in 3-??? months you were gonna be put onto a prison server. They should've made it cost Daybreak bucks or cash for you to obtain a level 51 Toon in the first place to make up for this but they didn't think of that.

Quarm event as an SoL PvP server(og rallos rules) with special reward titles for the first guild to kill open world Aten(max 72 man guilds), titles for the most unique killing blows for the top of each class after 3 month and Best of the Best style event winners.

-Only open world
    -No picks
    -Free trade
    -"Heroic toons"
    -At the end of the event you can choose any live server or TLP past SoL too go to.
    -Best of the best style event GM event at the end of the server

Each 2000 Daybucks/20$ cash "heroic" toon comes with instant 60 no AA, full SOV spellbook, SS class sets, crafted rings/ears/face, Harla Dar Neck, Primal Weapons, Dain cloak, ODS , SSHB.

Would be the greatest PvP event/server in EQ history but that will never happen QQ
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Yet another one that just doesn't get it.
  9. Risiko Augur

I think that people are way over estimating the willingness of the EverQuest community to support another TLP server at this point.

Do I think that DBG will try it? Yes.

Do I think it will be successful? No. When you get right down to it, TLP servers are 90% nostalgia and 10% wanting to come back to the game and start over. Just my opinion.

Even for someone like myself that is a major EQ addict and played on all but a couple TLP servers in the lifetime of the game, I'm done. I have played through classic, Kunark, and Velious so many times on so many characters on so many TLP servers that I literally can't fathom every doing it again.... ever.

I'm sure there are those out there who will do it, but will there be enough to support a full TLP community past classic again? I seriously doubt it.

EverQuest nostalgia has ran it's course. I truly think that Coirnav is the last ship sailing that has even a chance of making it to live expansions.

Again, that's all just my opinion, so what ever.
    That0neguy likes this.
  10. Finnster Elder

I want a server where all people go who dislike the idea of Krono. And I want them to have a separate forum, too. That's all I wish for.
    Accipiter likes this.
  11. TimeBreak Elder

I'm with you on. That's why my original plan was to move to Coirnav around now, once Agnarr had basically run its course. There is nothing in Classic/Kunark that isn't replaced quickly except a few epics and a few clickies.

I tried Coirnav back at the beginning and it sucked. Now all I see is constant complaints about that 1 guild. Why would I even contemplate subjecting myself to that. Main reason I asked about next TLP. Will they make another, of course they will. Will it be any better than previous, doubt it. I'm sure it'll just be another copy of a previous TLP.
  12. Stewgottz Augur

When they release Ragefire2.0 with AOC's it will empty all current TLP servers.

I would be very open to starting beyond classic. Kunark + Classic for 90 days at launch would cut in half the typical time spent in those expacs.
  13. Kahna Augur

The constant complaints come from a handful of folks who don’t even play on Coirnav. The “one guild” is no worse than the one guild that is on every server. Plenty of folks playing on Coirnav blissfully unimpeded by the “one guild”. Don’t let the bad mouthing of a handful of naysayers stop you from trying the server that is perfectly poised at the beginning of Velious. If you liked that era you will find the server is no where near as toxic as people have made it out to be.
  14. Barathrum Augur

I all ready came up with the perfect server...
    Classic/Kunark open 4 months then 2 months for non leveling expos / 3 months for leveling
    All items can be traded including epics
    +Keys+
    POK open from server launch
    A. BST/Zerker
    B. All Class Combos / race combos
    C. Spell vendors will sell all spells up to level 50 (classic who honestly cares) this will stay static until pop
    D. all guild masters active in POK
    E. Drakkins / Iksars / Frogs / Cat People Spawn in pok (everyone has this option to start in pok)
    True Box
    AOCs
    Sleepers Tomb 1.0 active until Luclin then when he wakes rip 1.0 AOC
    Buffed MOTM for POP Raids
    MOTM For GOD/OOW/DON/DODH Give it that in ERA feel
    Raid bosses drop 6-8 itrems everytime! Let it RAIN
    Charm Nerf
  15. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

its really sad that u prob u thought u just posted some really clever and groundbreaking idea that most players would love and support
    That0neguy likes this.
  16. Hane New Member

PvP would be the way to go. Something new, something different. The niche is larger than most people think, and they'd be pulling in new subscriptions, not just attempting to retain the current subs.

PvP also solves every PvE TLP problem.
    -Won't be 50 people sitting on a ground spawn. Might be 50 corpses.
    -Box armies won't be able to perma camp high end items. They'll also be corpses / won't exist.
    -Someones training you in open world? Root/Snare/Kill the trainer.

If you think people are willing to spend coin on Krono on a blue server to gain a slight advantage wait until you see what they're willing to fork over to gain that advantage in PvP.

I know most EQ blue players can't stand PvP, but how many times can you keep doing the exact same thing over and over again. Lets change it up!
  17. monkypowah Elder

you normally post fairly and factually accurate but man the ONLY TLP that’s gonna make it to live is phinny, period. (no agnarr because it can’t as it’s pop locked) You know that, I know that, your grandma knows that.. and no I’m not even talking about all the cancerous people and stuff on coirnav.. it will be dead before velious finishes up people who know how all this stuff works and have played all the TLP’s see it crystal clear. People on coirnav, if they’re still playing on it are wasting their time in the grand scheme of things. Or there just trying to make a buck or two rmt’ing Kronos to suckers haha
  18. Risiko Augur

You're probably right.
  19. snailish Augur

Well, any of the non-voting, non-locked servers will technically make it to live. With population is another debate.

No rules PVP didn't work out back when they had way more customer service oversight in the game. High initial population pvp in old content with today's playerbase... not sure we'd make that work out either. PVP is worth a try on a Quarm event imo, but I would concede the "it's too much of a hassle" argument if a dev posted that.

It's not that I am against pvp. I just think they have to chase the easiest $$$. Booting up another Phinny (start later! more XP) or two (free trade option on 2nd server) next summer remains my prediction of easiest to milk.
  20. monkypowah Elder

No because I think DBG realizes making clones of phinny which we’ll call the gold standard of TLP’s doesn’t do a lot but fragment the player base even more so. IMHO coirnav was an experiment, one that I personally don’t see them repeating. PVP dude? Nope no way. It never works right in these kind of games. I’m genuinely baffled on what they will even do for an anny server. Hopefully they take their time and think it out thoroughly this time