Share your story... What's the most impressive feat you've witnessed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lortl, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Lortl Journeyman

Forget killing raid bosses with small numbers, hoarding krono or getting to the level cap the fastest... Let's hear some stories about other people. Share a story about the most impressive experience you've had with another player. We don't want to hear your own tales. Tell us about the enchanter that held down 7 mobs after a horrible pull, the most opportune use of Lay on Hands or the perfect disc pop. Let's celebrate the players who play their class with pride and expertise!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I once saw a Paladin offtank Hammerfist the Champion for good nigh 5 hours.
    Beimeith and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

I remember in Velious (Agnarr) heading to an NToV we all saw an enchanter charming the dragons to kill the other ones in Western Wastes outside NToV. That was pretty ballsy.
  4. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

getting an entire guild banned of hundreds of accounts by petitioning them because 1 person was killing a mob on island 1 in posky during rotationquest on a day they werent supposed to be there

miss u dima, come home
  5. Punchu Augur

~600 accts batch banned on a Friday afternoon. Some poor sucker got to hang out late unbanning them all.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Seeing a friend win the Crystal Claw of Veeshan and title The Scaled Claw on Povar in a GM event marking the opening of Plane of Sky back in classic (Xeratul, you still around?).
    [IMG]
  7. Machentoo Augur

The discord server wins, and the best of the best wins. Pretty much playing against PVE is not too impressive.
  8. Mwapo Augur

Bling doing his Bling thing is the most impressive thing I'll ever see in this game.
    doah, Punchu and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  9. Kobra Augur

Watching a necro die in lower guk and blaming his group mates. Guy didn't use FD, snare, root, screaming terror, lifetap, or any other tools a necro has. He just stood there drooling on himself.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Learning how to AE pull the deep was crazyness.
  11. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Having a guild leader so good he actually ran our first plane of fear raid without even being high enough level to zone in. The man was pure genious.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I actually found my way through the maze like city of revamped Freeport.
  13. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

We were racing for Avatar of War against a not quite competing guild (not the same level as us but they could do it fairly consistently)

We got there 1st and got Vindi, Statue and then the other guild leapfrogged us as we were setting up after the Idol.

They pulled AoW and they weren't really ready and setup. The MA lasted about two rounds because they CH rotation wasn't up and running.

I didn't even see their SA in the raid so I figured we'd just wait it out. I thought "this will be easy, we'll just clean up after they're all dead"

Out of nowhere a Wood Elf Druid charges out of the raid and backs himself into the corner. They pick the CH rotation on the druid and after a LONG fight they got the win. No defensive, no aggro weapons, just spamming snare and little nukes.

I wasn't even mad we got beat.
  14. Bewts Augur

Yawgmoth pulling anything really (necro for those who don’t know).
    Lumaca doing anything really. Guy is a total boss and an amazing bard. I mean he solo pulled PoWater minis to ZI for fun...
    The Paladin LoH / suicide rotation for 30 minutes+ on the Txevu boss...
    Cleric Rampage tanking VT bosses in-era with DA hammers.
    Beating Quarm with less than a minute left to put LJ on the same expansion timer as RF.
  15. Leonidas_strong New Member

How about that time the top guild got beat in the latest expansion for the first time in many many expansions and then starts to fall apart because their raid leader quits and some of their best members take the opportunity to jump ship to the newly crowned top guild.
    Ootax likes this.
  16. CaptainSkeet Augur

Watch swarm kiters in Fire was always neat to see.
  17. Gana Augur

Back in the early days of PoFear (when guilds would wipe), a druid on Bristlebane server would solo kite all the mobs around the hill until whole guilds could recover. I always thought that was awesome.
  18. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

I once witnessed a rogue getting into an exp group on Coirnav.
    Xhartor, Ootax and Herf like this.
  19. Ootax Augur

Best two so far, although I think the rogue one might be a little far fetched.
  20. Hadesborne Augur

Killing Vox, first, ever. And she dropped nothing because the devs hadn't populated her with loot. So then seeing the devs hand out loot to the guild. Furor, for as much of a schmuck he may have been, got us to do some amazing things back in the day.