Maelin bugged on Agnarr.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gatorraddeee, Aug 18, 2018.

1. gatorraddeee New Member

Sorry to begin this woith saying I’m using my phone from work.

But maelin is having issues after had killing Agnarr and mith marr many as far as 2 raid forces right now are unable to turn in to MAelin.

MAny of us have sat with the seer and what not with no luck. You are suppose to be able to say what lore and get the next part done.

This is not the case unfortunately as when you say what lore nothing happens.

Many of us petitioned and told we would have to do the raid again but that does nothing for maelin. It shows the kills at the seer.

Is there any fix going to happen for this? Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. Fading Illusion Augur

My entire guild is having this issue, as we just completed Agnarr for the elemental planes flag.

It does appear to be a bug, though I can't confirm it. We've tried every possible combination (40+ people working to resolve this flagging issue) and we have had no luck.

Grand Librarian Maelin simply does NOT respond to "What Lore," "New Lore" or any of the multiple combinations.

I personally have tried going back and re-hailing and getting character flags for every NPC along the way. No luck.

As the OP mentioned, I too have the kills *listed* from the seer, but the Librarian won't "decipher the language" because he won't respond to the New Lore command.

I have petitioned and received a lackluster response, saying we'd have to do the raid over. Also as the OP mentioned, that won't solve this issue....as we can't get the Librarian to respond to hails.

For clarity, here are a list of the Seer's output.....

If anyone has any other solutions, I'm willing to try, but I truly believe the Librarian is bugged. (I have sent a /bug report).

You say, 'Guide my meditation.'
    The information obtained from Mithaniel is written in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    The information obtained from Karana is written in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
    You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
    Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
    Tylis has been removed from his agony.
    Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
    Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
    Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
    The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.
    Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    Jiva's strength fills your body.
    The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
    The parchments of Rallos are scribed in a language that you cannot comprehend; they do however have detailed drawings of the manaetic behemoth that you have already destroyed.
    You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. Mulder New Member

Just adding that I've also had this problem for a while.
  5. Stephsanity Augur

same issue on live for me atm
  6. Imukai Augur

I had this problem on a character recently "flagged" for EP. Couldn't figure out why Maelin wouldn't work to actually give the flags for the lore. Petitioned and was unhelpfully told that they "don't help" with raid flags anymore and I would have to repeat whatever raid I was missing. Except I wasn't missing any. Still.. they don't help with this stuff even if Maelin is apparently bugged.
  7. Prathun Developer

I think I see the problem (or, at least *a* problem) with the script on Maelin's "lore" dialogue.
    Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: I believe this is fixed internally.
    snailish and Fanra like this.
  8. Stephsanity Augur

will this require a patch or hotfix?
  9. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks Prathun!

But as Stephsanity asked, will this require a patch?

A check of this at this time shows Maelin NOT responding at this time. Unless PoK has to be "reset."

Fading
    Leader - Force of Valor
    Tunare Server

Kitt
    Raid Leader
    Shadow Requiem
  10. Prathun Developer

The fix has not yet been peer tested.
    The fix involved changing a non-global script, so it can be hotfixed. I don't know when or if we'll be able to do this.

A red name will post patch notes if there's a hotfix. It's not necessary to re-test it on Live and let us know that it hasn't been fixed yet.
  11. CaptainSkeet Augur

Elementals on hold, ouch. That sucks. Hope it can be fixed soon.
    Krezzy likes this.
  12. Krezzy Augur

While the underlying cause is different, this issue looks very similar in scope to the Agnarr (the god) flagging issue from a few months ago caused by the changes to vendor behavior. This issue was acknowledged as critical and resolved by a hotfix on May 18, 2018.

Maelin's flag is the very next progression step to many players to reach the Elemental Planes. It imposes an identical barrier to players to the hotfixed issue, above. The number of affected players is probably lower due to the state of Agnarr (the server), but leaving this for a September 20 date would still be deleterious to this TLP. Players unable to progress (or flag alts) for a calendar month will move on.
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

I would agree, that's an excessively long time to leave a critical part of an expansion completely broken.
  14. Stephsanity Augur

He said hotfix not a patch.
  15. Krezzy Augur

I should have said "impact" rather than scope.

@Stephsanity: Note that Prathun said he didn't know when or if there would be a hotfix. The default for issues that are "fixed internally" is to push them out on the next third Wednesday of a month.

@Prathun: Thanks for your efforts finding and resolving this issue.
  16. Fading Illusion Augur

Prathun, thanks for your transparency in the issue.

However, I fear for the statement of " I don't know when or if we'll be able to do this"

As a raid leader for my guild, we can no longer progress through the content in Planes of Power, essentially unable indefinitely to make it to elemental planes or time as intended.

If that is the case, I do not think we will survive on the server. Not fearmongering, just concerned.

I personally will probably go back to live, but I know others only came back for the progression server.

Thanks again for the update. If you have any further news on this issue, please let us know.

Kitt
    Shadow Requiem
    Agnarr Server

Fading
    Force of Valor
    Tunare Server
    snailish likes this.
  17. Prathun Developer

Any update (hotfix or full server down) requires the coordination and approval of multiple people across multiple different departments. I can't make any commitments about when or if one will occur because it hinges on a variety of factors that are outside my control.

The ticket for the fix has been peer tested and passed. The data is on the Staging server.
    snailish likes this.
  18. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Plugging the posted responses from Seer into the parser http://www.alkabor.com/cgi-bin/flags.pl resulted in the listing below. This was also a bottleneck for me trying to get completed with Signet of the Arcane quest . . . . I could not get the signet finished until i completed Solusek Ro.:

Congratulations, you are flagged to enter the Tower of Solusek Ro. (If you have trouble zoning in, you probably need to make a trip or two between Librarian Maelin and the Seer to unlock memories.)

To enter Elemental planes (not including Fire), you need to complete everything below that's listed in blue. (In addition to the stuff in black)

To enter Plane of Fire, you need to complete everything below that's listed in red. (In addition to the stuff in black and blue, but Agnarr isn't needed for PoFire )

Things listed in green are either complete, or don't need to be completed for progression.

Things to do Solo: (just take a second, please do ASAP)

Hail Maelin in PoK library and say "what lore" and "what information." ( 4 )

Raids you can get flags for:

Solusek Ro
    Done:

PoJ trial is done.
    Grummus flag is complete.
    Terris Thule is complete.
    You can open door to PoI factory.
    Manaetic Behemoth done.
    Aerin'Dar done.
    Bertoxxulous done.
    Saryrn and KoS done.
    Askr quest in PoStorms done.
    Agnarr
    HoH trial 1 (Rydda'Dar) done.
    HoH trial 2 (Villagers) done.
    HoH trial 3 (Nomads) done.
    Mithaniel Marr done.
    Vallon Zek done.
    Tallon Zek done.
    ToSR pre-flag done.
    Arlyxir
    Jiva
    Dresolik
    Xuzl
    Rizlona
    Rallos Zek the Warlord
  19. Fading Illusion Augur

Again Prathun. Thank you kindly for your updates. They are much appreciated!

We know how hard you guys work for the game and the protocols you have in place.

Fading/Kitt
  20. Stephsanity Augur

Pok repopped and Maelin was fixed got my flags and finished Aid Grimel thx for the help and fix
    Krezzy and Prathun like this.