Monk Ideas

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Forcallen, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

One With Chuck Norris- The ground knowing it's place avoids you, gain self levitation.
  2. Outlander Engine Elder

Stolen from another thread;

Martial artist (reverse rogue): melee dps that fights in front of the mob, next to the tank. This would be accomplished by making any melee attack the mob made, whether targeted on the monk or not, have a significant chance of being riposted. The monk might also have a chance of riposting a riposte. This would serve the additional purpose of making monks more desirable by decreasing the damage done to the armored tank, and would also fit within the martial artist tradition of turning an opponent's attacks back upon them
  3. Monkman Augur

Would love for them to make 1hb and h2h weapons relevant again... I don’t even know why they put monk on the darn things anymore. Yet each year I loot them hoping the next expansion will give me some flexibility

- DW dps related
    - 2HB off-tank/defensive
  4. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

re: the endurance concerns of monks.

What if monks were not subject to the raid timer on sitting hp/end regen ? Group timer would be in effect instead. That would take care of the low end endurance wish Thrillho mentioned, no? Res effects would still limit our haste, so there's still a death penalty.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

making dw relevant again would be great, I miss swinging around my tree branches

too bad offhand can't flurry
  6. Discordinant New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing stances for monks.

2hand- +10-15% mitigation, +10-15% riposte
    dw- +crit chance +dmg mod

No negatives on stances, but have a clear gap between them.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Ezbro Elder

I'd like to see an upgrade to run speed, more so than chain/plate armor bearing classes. We are faster with the light leather and honed bodies. It's a QOL to me, and not a game breaker.
    Lisard likes this.
  8. Sokon Augur

Something similar to fists of steel but works on flying kicks. aura buff. 12 seconds, reduces flying kick reuse to 1 or 2 secs.

similar to fists of steel providing a mini speedfocus this would provide a mini heel of kanji. Reducing down to 1 sec may be too op, but having fk on auto should work nice as a passive dmg up
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It would be nice if they could just make it so that our dw and 2hb options would have equivalent actual dps (when the weapons are of the same tier), but each one have secondary reason why you might choose to use one over the other. 2hb's obvious benefit would be increased ability to block and the like, but what would be a benefit that could be added to dw, which would make it worth using while keeping their dps even?
    I never see that happening. The Devs wouldn't want to give us that extreme of a benefit, and on top of that I can only imagine the hate we would get from every other class in the game if that happened.