Grannus - Non Transferable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Kiras Augur

For the raid: Anyone have a way to get this consistently? We got this once, but haven't been able to do it since. The group version of the achievement is easy to get, you just bypass the script with DPS.

Non Transferable - Ensure that every instance of Transference of Harm is removed near Grannus.

He casts it on three people at a time, and those people are named by the emotes. Sounds straight forward enough. Clump up near Grannus, cure through paladin splashing, make sure nobody is ever out of camp when they get cured and everyone gets cured. But that doesn't seem to work consistently. My current theory is that mystical shield and Vish AA (6% chance to resist detrimental between them) is making this an instant fail and purely luck based. The spell is casted roughly every 50 seconds. If my theory is right, then the raid has a 0.94^3 (= 83.1%) chance to not instantly fail every time it's casted by the boss, making this just a luck based achievement. Am I missing something here?
  2. roguerunner Augur

He casts two phony versions and one real version of the transference. You need to examine the buff window closely and only cure the correct version under grannus.
  3. Kiras Augur

Interesting. So the achievement description is basically misleading. Thanks. I had a similar earlier problem with Crazy Eight's text lying (it says make sure people are near the mobs, but actually it means they need to be on aggro, not just near).
  4. Conq Augur

As above - but ensure infected toons are IN Grannus' hitbox when cured. As his form changes, his hit box will change - sometimes it's pretty small. We used 3 dedicated (single target only) curers - each taking infected player and waiting until the infected notified they were ready to be cured (and therefore standing in the hitbox). Ya, had to make hotkeys to make it work well.
    Conq
  5. roguerunner Augur

It's not misleading, he only casts one Transference of Harm, the other 2 people get a different buff. hehe
  6. Axxius Augur

Curing the other debuff doesn't fail the achievement, it just AE debuffs the raid to take more damage. At lv 110 it's all trivial, so you can simply Splash it all off every time that emote happens. The key is to do it close enough to Grannus. The most common cause of failure is curing it not near him.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Lol isn't that the only cause of failure?

Just picking
  8. Brohg Augur

Wow we never paid attention to who got what, we just cured all three every time. We got the achievement each time folks got to Grannus properly (so, not a lot)
  9. Rashod Lorekeeper

We've been trying to work through this achievement and are still struggling a bit. Tonight we took the cure only the Transference of Harm approach so we could be sure that it was cured and the person was directly under the boss. While we had a couple of failures due to some operational errors, we also watched three failures while the person that had Transference was cured and they were directly under the mob (right between the legs).

All three of these failures happened while the adds are up. Is there something special about this phase that we are missing or anything about this achievement that is more than cure Transference directly under Grannus? Or is the event just being silly?
  10. DaciksBB Augur

Don't cure with Splash either, it too has a chance to remove detrimental effects. Have people called say when they're next to Grannus before getting cured (use cleric single target cure heal and have group healers cast their group cure to help). Don't Radiant Cure, tell people not to use their self purifies, tell clerics to keep their mouse off that lovely epic.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

Their were two different types of dots
    I think it was the YELLOW text said 3 named the 3 peeps had to move to Grannus and then ask for a specific cure and some times they were not close enough but over time we got it . I cant remember if their was a fail message that could be AT'ed so you can reset and try again.
  12. Brohg Augur

in GINA, fail is:

^Grannus's protective magic has worn off\. His spell resistance has dropped\.$

depending on Grannus' current form, success messages are either:

^Grannus's protective magic has been broken\. His spell resistance has dropped\.$

or

^The power put upon you is released, but at this moment Grannus is too strong\. His spell resistance remains\.$
  13. Rashod Lorekeeper

Went in tonight with a group just to play around with stuff because we can't figure out exactly what is going on.

Definitely confirmed that range for the cure/removing grannus reflect is much further than "right under the feet". We were able to cure Transference and remove the reflect standing at the doorway with Grannus in the corner, way outside of the hitbox multiple times.

Also confirmed curing only the Transference works, as well as, curing Repentance before curing Transference.

As I recall all of our failures are happening during the add phases, which really leads me to believe there is some different mechanic while the adds or up, or extra lag, or just buggyness in general.

Or were just missing something.
  14. Moege Augur

My recollection is that one of the adds can dispel the correct dot that is a failure then. Had a enchanter mez it away from the raid till the cure was done / killed it last.
    Koryu likes this.
  15. Fullwin Journeyman

Moege is exactly right - the dispelling adds will remove Transference, which counts as a fail since it wasn't cured. I believe it's also a fail if the person with Transference dies before being cured, which used to be more likely when adds were up, though I doubt that's a problem anymore.
    Koryu likes this.
  16. Rashod Lorekeeper

Thanks for the notes about the dispelling! Mentioned it on our boards and now the curers are mentioning seeing transference go away before the cure landed and then not getting the debuff. I think this might be our actual issue!

Thanks again for the discussion it is greatly appreciated. Didn't think it was an issue as the spelldata is listed as not dispelable on raidloot and lucy.