Beastlord burn parse, is Bite damage the same as Punch?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Daedly, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

Was looking back at a parse of FF mission to better understand my beastlords DPS. Why does my beastlord show damage as "bite" and is missing his Punch damage?

/tell Pordoorf Pordoorf -vs- Cactiikii: -- DMG: 14454615 -- DPS: 321214 -- Scaled: 301138 -- Bite: 6669878 -- Crush: 3010649 -- DirDmg: 2634661 -- Kick: 2005190 -- DoT: 126000 -- Strike: 8237 -- % dmg as normal: 24.4% -- % dmg as critical: 65.5% -- Non-crit rate: 59.2% -- crit rate: 37.2% -- crippling rate: 3.5% -- Attempts: 877 -- Hits: 846 -- Missed: 31 -- Accuracy: 96.5% -- Avg Hit: 17085 -- Max hit: 392455 -- DMG to PC: 0

Cactiikii on 8/19/2018

Pordoorf - 24
    --- Akalit's Feralgia - 2
    --- Attack of the Warders X - 1
    --- Beramos' Maelstrom Rk. II - 2
    --- Bestial Alignment XIII - 1
    --- Bestial Bloodrage V - 1
    --- Bloodlust II - 1
    --- Dichotomic Fury - 1
    --- Ferociousness III - 1
    --- Frenzied Swipes I - 1
    --- Frenzy of Spirit V - 1
    --- Frostbite Lance Rk. II - 1
    --- Frozen Toxin Rk. II - 6
    --- Kromtus Lance Rk. II - 1
    --- Mawmun's Bite - 1
    --- Received Bestial Alignment - 1
    --- Received Ruaabri's Fury - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 1
    --- Roar of Thunder XV - 1
    --- Savage Fury/Rage/Rancor - 1
    --- Second Spire of the Savage Lord III - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.6.0.13
    Also, if there are any critiques that could be made from looking at this, I would love to hear them.
  2. Lifeshriek Augur

might be something like you don't block the illusion from bestial alignment / group bestial alignment / pact of the wurine yet (or buffs from other classes...i'm not logged in at the moment to check), also might be that your warder's parse is linked to yours.
  3. Daedly Augur

Ok, that makes sense, was probably bestial. Thank you.
  4. Puzzling Journeyman

This is a 50s parse? ( not sure why you linked a parse with everything but the time, but...) total dmg divided by DPS = 49.6 or something seconds...

If that is right...

feralgia x 2??? wtf
    attack of the warders??? i still dont see the point

no Ale's... that is not good, and where are the dd dots at?

I'm going to "assume" since you dumped everything, that you didnt wait for RF to fade, to hit DF, you just mashed it.

looks like you basically hit a kitchen sink burn, but didn't have everything on the hotbars? did you also not hit your BP click to go along with 2nd / BBR.

Even if you were running the straight 5 nuke rule, your cast count of them is utterly horrible. Maybe you were boxing all of the toons in group, and that might explain it, but if you are an [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], then we are back to this is a pretty sad bind. Since the old rule was roughly, toxin (next) toxin (next) toxin (next) toxin, etc.
  5. Daedly Augur

All your assumptions are correct. The fight for the beast was 45 seconds long.

When I looked at my cast timeline there were some gaps which looked odd to me. I dont remember seeing any lag either.

I actually started looking a little more at his parses because his spell dps seemed so low I was beginning to wonder if casting damage spells was even worth it.

Appreciate the response, I will have too look through my setup and see what I am doing wrong.