hotkeys lagging

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mulila, Aug 20, 2018.

1. mulila Elder

it is getting annoying I click tranquil blessing or almost any of my other hot keys and have to wait for like 10+ sec for them to activate, sometimes the lag isn't there and they work as they should. doesn't seem to effect combat abilities. anyone else having this issue? hard to play sometimes when u can't cover tracks or invso.

it is not just AA hotkeys, sometimes the hotkey i made for /autofire or forage is doing the same things. alot of times if i just cast a spell then i can use the hotkeys. as I said getting annoying
  2. mulila Elder

things like the forage hotkey I made, won't work but i can click on the forage button in the actions window. for like Imbued Ferocity I made a new hot key from the AA menu, that didn't work but when i did /alt activate 2235 that worked.

Trying to figure out where excatly the problem lies, I think it is something to do with the communication between say the .ini file and the server.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

I found that the new "by name" parsing is bugged for old hotkeys that do no have a sub-slot AND have a comment. Like for example to click your worn chest item:

/useitem 17 # Scaleborn Breastplate is broken and parses as "17 # ..." item not found

/useitem 17 0 # Scaleborn Breastplate works by faking a sub-slot of 0
  4. mulila Elder

I reloaded my backups of my .ini files from 05jul2018 so far so good, fingers crossed <knock on wood> hopefully this for some reason fixes it. only time will tell.

the files I replaced were
    UI_Mulila_cazic.ini
    Mulila_cazic.ini
    eqclient.ini
  5. mulila Elder

Zoned into Frontier Mountains and hotkeys started lagging again, back to the drawing board
  6. mulila Elder

did a 99% delete and copy from my other system and still had the lag. deleted the eqclient.ini fil and copied from my other computer. thing seem to be working now. when I did a edit on the .ini files and compaired the 2, the one on mulila's computer had alot of extra things in there like ignored lists and such. So it might have been somehow the eqclient got corrupted, will put up another post in a few hours to see if everything is better.
  7. mulila Elder

I spoke too soon =( After the fix Wed. worked great no problems, Thurs. worked great for about 4-5 hours, UNTIL I got in a raid. Zoned into a instance and bamm started having the lag again, even if I remade the hotkeys, was doing group instances all day no problem, first raid instance and we got problems. =(
  8. svann Augur

Have you tried rebooting your router? Turn off 5 sec, then on