Looking at coming back to TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by lovecheese45, Aug 18, 2018.

1. lovecheese45 New Member

Hey everyone, I haven't played in a while but been thinking starting up on Coirnav.

How is the state and leveling for someone who hasn't played in a very long time? There groups or it pretty ugly to level?
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Inb4 TLP brosefs start bashing each others servers
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Snarky posting aside, if you're looking for grouping from low levels Coirnav will be your best bet. I haven't personally played on that server but logic dicates that the only server in the Kunark/Velious era will be the best for grouping at lower levels. You can also try Agnarr since it's locked at PoP, I'm sure Coirnav caused it to take something of a population hit but from what I've seen it still has a relatively dedicated playerbase and I'm sure people are making alts to level. That is, if you're interested in staying on an era-locked server. Good luck.
  4. lovecheese45 New Member

Is Agnarr still populated? I figured it would have taken a huge hit that's why I was looking at the new TLP.

I wanted a place to play with others, whether it be live or TLP.
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

I started a new alt last week on Agnarr. I must confess I haven’t been going out looking for groups (using my 65 cleric to level him), but I’ve been invited to groups, sometimes without being lfg, as well as running into groups and people leveling up as I went. Also there are pretty constant LFM requests for a wide range of levels in general chat.

Not here to argue over which place is better or if you get more on X than Y, just giving my recent experience.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You can find that on any server, really. The newest TLPs are where you'll find people to group with sooner. On Drinal (live) server I just PL'd a couple of newcomers to level 90, and there are plenty of casual guilds on all the servers (I'd imagine) that have people happy to do the same thing. I tend to help newcomers and returnees pretty regularly simply because it's good for the overall health of the game. So really it all comes down to where you wanna settle down and call home. And what your EQ ambitions are. Realistically there's no wrong choice.
  7. monkypowah Elder

agnarr is a good server for what you're looking for, PoP locked, as the other guy said there are actually quite a few making alts and they will always be doing so, phinny may also be good if you can handle some of the lowest level stuff on your own which you should be able to since its now on TBS expack. in short agnarr is a good server, phinny is a good server.. notice i don't mention coirnav whatsoever. you should do your own due diligence however so you too can come up with the obvious conclusions on what server(s) will survive long-term (if thats important to you) and give you the best overall experience etc.
  8. lovecheese45 New Member

I think I'm going to play on Agnarr. The grind on Corniav seems like it would suck!

Now to pick a class.
  9. gatorraddeee New Member

If you need help look me up I am sushi rolls on Agnarr 59 pally. I just started a week ago
  10. Motrax Journeyman

I recently came back on my Shadowknight. I've found lots of solo low level players in the 1-10 bracket and seen several groups, and I play during Australian prim time which is early European time or late american time.

I think it's definitely worth looking into if you'd like. We're poised for Velious launch so I expect a large influx of people to be coming back and leveling also.

Edit: missed you sayign you'll play on Agnarr. No worries. If you change your mind hope you'll see this post.
  11. lovecheese45 New Member

I made a shadowknight named Lovecheese! Hope to see some of y'all on Agnarr
  12. a_librarian Augur

The grind does suck, especially 1-10 before groups are common and then late 40s up to 60. Agnarr is a great choice if you don't have excessive amounts of time to dump into the game. The xp rate there is very nice, and you have fast travel options with Planes of Power being available.

What Coirnav has going for it is it's less top heavy, and still in early expansion eras. You get to experience new content opening and everybody rushing to do the new stuff together which has a certain appeal. People are still trading in the commonlands tunnel and will be for another 3 months or so, you still rely on druids/wizards for ports,

Phinny is good if you are after a very quick leveling experience and more challenging raid content. The eras Agnarr and Coirnav are in seem like the biggest challenge is logistics of running a guild/raid

People are speculating there will be a new progression server early next year, but no official info as far as I know.