Live Update Bugs: 7/18/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Then you have something broken if the drop rate is supposed to be the same. Another 12-15 names at a guess another 15-20 hours, I have seen exactly 2 power sources in almost 3 weeks, caster and melee. The other day I went to Combine Dredge and killed 6 names and got 2 geo's ( about 2-3 hours). I also noticed last night and today it looks like the loot tables have been nerfed a bit all around I am rarely seeing spell/item/armor drops on a name that I was seeing just a month or so ago. More 1-2 items with 1 seeming more the norm.

Please consider normalizing those damn things ie zone/name drops this one type. I'll never get those 50+ hours back and doing without just feels like taking a step back. And lets not forget, frustration just makes the game not freaking fun!
  2. Tesen New Member

Thank you for the input, it may be that we are resetting and re-engaging after a wipe causing this bug.
    Then you get a double trigger accidentally - one set to the 30 second mark, thinking that his health is less than 75% and one set to the 45s mark thinking his health is above 75%. So kind of worst case scenario is what we are seeing... a 2nd mid mark of death cycle:
    1) 0:00s 1st mark of death on engagement or shortly there after
    2) 0:00-0:15s 1st set getting cures
    3) ~0:16-0:29s 2nd mark of death
    4) (another set needing curing in this 0:16-0:29s region)
    5) 0:30 DT trigger (yikes, i only had 14 seconds!)
    6) 0:45 if his health is still not below 75% another mark of death
    6) 0:46-0:59 DT trigger
    so we may have cured the 1st mark, but failed to cure the 2nd mark before the first DT trigger.
    [quote="I could not reproduce the reported problem with curing Mark of Death. Cure spells that removed disease counters were able to remove the debuff[/quote]
    Yes, that one baffles me, still i was able to cast word of replenishment a couple times and then purify and it still would not come off in the 30 second window. Maybe it came off for a split second and he issued another due to two cycle re-engagement and I did not see it.
  3. Prathun Developer

I've been unable to reproduce reported problems with AMV's Mark of Death and I don't see anything obviously wrong with the script that handles it.

This is how it do:
    Code:
    // Relevant bits from AMV's aggro script
    // This runs every 5 seconds
    Add 5 to MarkTracker

if (MarkTracker == 0)
    {
        Cast Mark of Death on everyone in the zone
    }
    else if (MarkTracker == 30)
    {
        Death touch anyone in the zone that has the Mark of Death spell on their buff list

if (MyStage == 0)
        {
            Set MarkTracker to -45
        }
        else
        {
            Set MarkTracker to -30
        }
    }

if (MyStage == 0 and MyHP < 75%)
    {
        Set MyStage to 1
    }

Re-engaging after a previous attempt could mean that the MyStage or MarkTracker variables aren't starting at 0, because there doesn't appear to be any reset logic on AMV, but I don't see how that would cause him to cast Mark multiple times or how it could shorten the time between casting Mark and checking for it.
  4. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Is it possible for players to start more than one instance of that script, each with it own local MarkTracker?
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Prathun will have to say for sure... but those scripts usually run on the boss or an invisible man in the zone, so there can be only one of them.
  6. Greymantle Augur

Not sure if this is patch related or not, but worked before the patch. Anyway i did a HA in crypt of Sul last night . Head of the snake, looking for the collectables to complete my list. We cleared the whole zone including the named that popped. ZERO collectables dropped. Very anyoying, as that is the only reason we were doing that HA.
  7. Prathun Developer

It runs on AMV, so not unless there were multiple AMVs up and in combat at the same time.
  8. Frogmancer Augur

I remember this bug from when we were running Anguish with 2 groups at like 85. I think it starts when he transitions from a 45s interval to a 30s interval. That's where it's most likely to wind up with a double DT.