New Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kylo, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Kylo Elder

anyone know when is the next expansion coming out? Is there a new expansion coming this year?
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Late fall, yes
  3. Elskidor Augur

Whatever it is I hope it ends up being enjoyable. 25th expansion and 20th anniversary. Big landmark for old EQ.
    Frogmancer likes this.
  4. Neber New Member

my guess is an Antonica revamp. Makes sense for the 20th anniversary - it would be a lot of content though.
  5. Cleaver Augur

fix ROS first:rolleyes:
    shep569 and Metanis like this.
  6. Gynek Lorekeeper

I'd hope/assume they'd go with the EoK/RoS system of adding New versions of old zones, as opposed to the abomination of New Freeport for example. Virtually everyone hates those revamps of old zones.
    Planes theme would be cool. There's still gods we haven't killed, right? Or how about Drinal? Do we know for sure there's nothing up there?
    We didn't know about Alarans either, just sayin..
  7. Frogmancer Augur

I'm reasonably confident that the Alaran homeworld was lost to Discord. There are probably other outposts in the reality we visited where Korafax is - the Alaran homeworld, or what's left of it, is probably there.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

it has been mentioned by veteran players and such that discord will play a part in new expan whether that be OoW or GoD id like to see some add-ons to those zones... or rather another planet all together.. maybe where the Alarans came from... or where the Discordians originated from..
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Can you imagine some of those Discord bosses at level 120?
  10. Frogmancer Augur

Beimeith would be better at this discussion, but I'll try. I think Discord doesn't have an "originated". It's a fundamental cosmic force that is parasitic - it picks up races and individuals and twists and corrupts them as an interdimensional wave of total entropy. There are a few in-game races that are "Discordian" in that they've been part of Discord's army for so long that they don't have any other identity (noc, kyv, ikaav, etc). But other races that we associate with Discord definitely don't fall into that category. Bazus and murkgliders, for example, seem to be just regular animals native to Kuua. Pyrilen and Gelidran often actively fight against their Discordian enslavers.

It's never been super clear to me what parts of Discord names are titles and which are race names. Zun'muram, for example, seems to be a title, but it's one that is only ever granted to the two-headed blade fisted monster. I'd be curious to know more about that lore.

OoW visited Kuua long after it had been subjugated, as that region of reality was falling into Discord. We might have slowed that progress by banishing Mata Muram, but I doubt we stopped it completely. There's definitely more to explore there. And there's a whole side of Taelosia that we've never been to, for an update to Gates of Discord.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

Zun`Muram is most likely a title/rank. I presume Lt General or something around that rank Anywhere from brigadier gen up to a 4 star. Tunat`Muram probably is General [of the Army], the highest rank in the army. Overlord is pretty self explanatory when it comes to OMM.

Anyways, off topic of your post a bit, but wasn't VoA just a continuance of HoT in that the Alarans wanted some of CT's soul? I missed most of it (I came back to the game half way through it) so I don't know the details of the expansion.
  12. Sancus Augur

I love OoW, but no, it isn't OoW. Zones don't magically materialize out of thin air; the zone files are all for PoP-esque zones, with Gnome Memorial Mountain also likely to be released either with the expansion or for the 20th anniversary.
    gotwar, IblisTheMage and Riou like this.
  13. Gnomereaper Augur

Discord is basically Phyrexia or the Borg of EQ.

Simplest combination of the Murkglider we got and the new zone names are probably that Discord is invading the Planes of Power.
  14. roguerunner Augur

Yes, the two headed guys race is a huvul. They drop "huvul tongue" for the tongue samples collection.

Yes. HoT -> VoA -> RoF all continued the same story with CT's soul. It's like a trilogy. The good news is you can follow the story mostly from the group missions because 1 was shared with the raids for each zone by design.
  15. Frogmancer Augur

This...already happened? The pre-expansion event for Seeds of Destruction was the gods battling Discord in the Plane of Time. Discord exploited the small flaw in reality that Druzzil Ro created when she undid our actions during Planes of Power.
    Triconix likes this.
  16. Frogmancer Augur

...I knew that. I knew there was a reason I thought "Zun'muram" was a title and not a race, but I couldn't remember what it was.

I hope we check in with Harbinger Glask at some point. It's almost definitely uncomfortable having a deity growing inside of you...
  17. Riou EQResource

Time to raid Druzzil Ro for creating EQ2? :p :p
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Frogmancer Augur

I would happily kill Druzzil Ro for an entire expansion. It would be cathartic - we can point to a lot of the issues we've dealt with being the result of her mismanagement of magic.
  19. Scorrpio Augur

I hope death of Druzzil Ro will undo all the recent spell nerfs....

Personally, I would love a Luclin theme expansion. For whatever reason, SoL was ever my favorite.
    Yinla and Frogmancer like this.
  20. Frogmancer Augur

I could get behind a Drinal expansion, where we visit the moon we can actually see. Maybe there's a portal to the Ethernere there - I'm still salty that EQ2 got to meet Drinal and we never did.
    Yinla likes this.