ToV Picks on Coirnav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gronns, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Gronns Lorekeeper

Can we get a comment from development regarding ToV having picks or not come velious release? If so what is the required number for picks in ToV?
  2. Kahna Augur

ToV hasn't had picks on any of the other TLPs, as a purposeful choice on their part, no reason to think Coirnav will have picks.
  3. That One Guy Augur

Nope, no picks!

If it's anything like previous servers, Halls of Testing will always have some sort of raid clearing it at nearly all times of the day. And, it seems Coirnav has guilds in so many different time zones, even at 2 am there will probably still be a few groups clearing it.
  4. monkypowah Elder

i can see it now.. the 2 or 3 guilds still left on coirnav all "fighting it out" for scraps all the while singing "We are the Champions" by Queen... bahahaha
  5. Kahna Augur

Coirnav has successful Euro, Oceanic and PST guilds, along with several EST guilds. TOV is another example of how Coirnav's smaller population will benefit it. Less competition for the non-instanced/non-pick zoned content. I somehow doubt 85% of Coirnav's population is going to quit in the next 2 weeks, dropping us down to 2 or 3 guilds.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

If it had picks it would allow you to easily bypass some ntov which would be exploited.

I cant see any reason to think the zone will get picks.
  7. Kloven Elder

On Ragefire we had picks initially, roughly spring 2016, it was awesome to load folks into ToV and then take Halls of Testing in a pick knowing you could work out of Doz room without concern. Our folks setup in there for a week raiding a couple hours a night, I had a full set of plate by weeks end. However, I heard folks using the picks to get deeper into NToV and pick over once Aary was killed in the main pick caused them to change ToV to not being load balanced.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

A respawn in instance of just trash in ToV would be cool. 6 hours, can do once a week. Put some block on the north wing entrance if that's possible.
  9. DeseanJackson Augur

Do you mean in a DZ or pick? Like the trash would spawn in a pick with no bosses, or do you mean trash respawns in a DZ? The trash mobs will already respawn without loot in a DZ if you have the loot lockout, if that's what you mean. Obviously your replay timer would need to be up, etc. though, but that's pretty short in ToV.
  10. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Ooooh, the drama from trains in ToV will be juicy with no picks.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

ToV picks would be fantastic. Until a guild goes into a pick to skip aary and start the other bosses.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

[IMG]
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You have to admit, it would be a hilarious way of trying to snipe a Vulak, or popping in to turn Vyemm!
  14. Croak Augur

There is an easy solution to have a pick zone for NToV

If you /pick, you always go to the zone in, not to the same location in the new pick
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Totally reasonable. Let's redesign the whole way something works so you can have a pick.
  16. Croak Augur

It is an option that would work, and it can be selective for just that zone.

Who knows, maybe it would be a more appropriate mechanic for other zones too. Are you worried that hopping between picks farming something would become harder?
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Krono farming by pick hopping directly cuts into rmt taci bell funds, significantly.
  18. Cukernaut Journeyman

Get good and do small group drake farming in an HOT instance. We used to be able to kill all of the drakes weekly with group sizes of 6-8, about half of that being boxes. You can do drakes only and not blow your Dozer and instance is for HOT only.

Nobody cares about armor drops off of rest of TOV, and the rest is raid bosses.
  19. Kahna Augur

You actually have no idea if it would work. While the mechanics might work in theory, you have no idea if it is even possible to code the system to function like that, or if it is possible to do it for just one zone. I am betting it's not, or if it is, the time investment required would be extensive.
  20. Raina Elder

There have already been a few extremely successful servers that did just fine without picks of ToV. You guys will survive.