No 3rd party software

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Neber, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurastrider Augur

You are the one that even brought up the TLP servers not me. I personally am tired of the trash from those servers destroying the gameplay for everyone. A couple of bad apples on those servers specifically is destroying the game on the live servers for people that have been using broadcasting responsibly for years. Considering these issues have been a non issue until the plague that swept across the tlp servers its not hard to deduct that its not broadcasting that's the issue its the users have no regard for the game. Again any tool can be used to do horrible things by bad people but most will use the same tool to create positive things. A couple of people who probably don't even care about the game outside of what it does for their wallets should not dictate my game play they should just be removed from the game and problem solved.

Sorry if you "feel" I am not being nice but when some random wants to tell me I should either play their way or peace out I am not going to send them any birthday cards. As far as questioning how sincere I am I don't even know what you are getting at. When someone is being attacked they have two options either fight or flight. If I had decided to fly away I would not be here so yeah I am going to argue until the company actually makes a statement responds to me with something that is not an automated response sending me back to the same crap telling me to submit a ticket in the first place.

In terms of me doing something that might get me banned it wont happen. I have already become a scrub playing for free on a new server, playing a fresh toon and will play for free until they actually make a response. I already went month to month on my accounts earlier this year after the whole Russia thing surfaced and I am glad I kept it this way so I am not wasting paying played time waiting for a response. The company wont see another penny out of me until they say one way or another its ok. If they decide that it is a violation of the rules at least it gives me something to think about without having to risk my accounts.
  2. Dawdle Augur

Just point to the dolly where the statement DB made about 3rd party software touched you. I am not giving you the answers you want and I don't blame DB for not talking to you either. You sound very difficult to talk to. Other people that play the game are not just random and I never once eluded to the fact I felt anything.

Think about this way. You say you don't care about TLP servers but I believe the majority of the EQ community, that means most of the population still left in game does play on progression servers. It souldn't surprise you that DB took a stance on this topic regarding what it believed the majority of the population wanted.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Why do I sound difficult to talk to? Is it because I disagree with you? I am actually a pretty easy person to talk to and have proven to be rather helpful in game, on these boards and in RL. When I don't agree with something that I actually care about I am going to go down fighting and not roll over. Who has more to lose or gain based on their response or lack of one you or me? Either way your game play will continue on just the same while mine is at jeopardy. Thousands of dollars and hours of game play just cast aside due to one statement and a lack of response from a company that I have supported and a brand I have loved for over half of my life and I should just shrug it off? Maybe that's how you handle things in your life but for me I am at the very least going down swinging. In terms of my message to them it was nothing special. Basically asking for clarification is all. Not an unreasonable request from a customer.

As far as the TLP servers are concerned its all speculation on your part in terms of numbers. They are the flavor of the month while the players on live have stuck it out during the good and bad and will still be here after people get tired of raiding POP for the 50th time but have zero interest in playing anything past xyz expansion because they believe everything after that is horrible even if they never actually played it. If the TLP community wants certain rulesets give it to them which they already have such as true box, AOC and nearly all their zones being instanced. If the company had any sense they would try to make both groups happy by leaving the changes the TLP community cry for on the TLP and only implement changes that players on live are interested in such as AOC and instancing if that's what the people want or even taking a step further true boxing. Further when you say the "majority of the population" who elected you the player spokesperson? Where is your player survey that you conducted to come to this conclusion. I think its safe to say that almost everyone outside of the people using scripts, warping, god mode and other weird crap are ok with seeing these people go. In terms of broadcasting on the non true box servers I think you underestimate the pure volume of players that use this feature and would disagree with your stance. Add in the other players who have no issue with it and realize the number of accounts brought in by people using this feature and it will be a fairly large blow to the bottom line this company cant afford to take. Keep mowing down the players and eventually there wont be enough left to keep the lights on let alone produce new content.
  4. Dawdle Augur

Look one last time. This is 3rd party software and it was never endorsed by DB. I guess they had some sort of a deal regarding these programs not working on TLP servers but that deal was broken.
    It was either broken by the people that made the deal or other people that didn't get a deal and then screwed them over anyway because well they didn't get some deal.
    These programs are not free and the whole thing really makes me think of the old saying "don't bit the hand that feeds you".
    Roxxlyy responded with an accepted and unaccepted features list so as funny as the 2ed hand party comment was regarding writing your own programs this is what you cannot do now.

"Third party programs that automate play or provide an advantage that is not obtainable in-game are not acceptable to use.
    Third party programs that alter the client directly are also not okay; this is why the above states that programs must present their displays in non-client windows/formats.

Cheating bans are targeting those who are unfairly hacking the game in order to provide themselves with massive advantages that are not otherwise possible to gain." Roxxlyy

I don't care if you automate everything but if you want to fight with people and argue because you can't have your cake and eat it to then I can't help you. It's not the vets fault, it's not my fault, it's not random. The people that wrote the programs and the features that you rely so heavily upon made a deal and broke that deal, you should be writing them and stop bothering DB.

Your thousands of dollars are not more important then somebody else's 17 dollar subscription. You have no idea how I play or whether or not this effected me in anyway. This is what I find so confrontational about you. It's irrational to make any assumptions.

DB is not going to say that it's ok for you to broadcast. The programs in question are going to find it harder to now market what they have created.

DB didn't ban your account and no one is telling you how to play but you just don't seem to understand. Do whatever you want. C'est la vie.
  5. Wizlard Augur

No idea why you would be so confident about this when a former EQ employee did.
  6. Neber New Member

DB has shown in the past that they will sit on an issue that they consider worthy of disciplinary action for an arbitrary period of time before taking said action. I am leery of DB because of how DB treats the player base. This is why I started this thread.

Also, to clarify - I am only concerned with key broadcasting on live servers.
  7. Angahran Augur

Nothing in this quote even suggests that broadcasting/window management software, i.e. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], is NOT allowed.

ISB does not 'automate play'.
    ISB does not 'provide an advantage that is not obtainable in-game'.
    ISB does not 'alter the client directly'.
    ISB does not 'provide themselves with massive advantages that are not otherwise possible to gain'.

Unfortunately this is all pointless unless someone from DBG endorses Roxxlyy's quote officially.
  8. Millianna Augur

"Not true. They only have to check if your using this stuff when somebody reports you. They do however have to be 100% certain before they ban somebody that they are using banned 3rd party software.
    So if your farming GE boots 24/7 on a TLP server and making all this phat loot expect that your going to be reported.
    There's just so much fighting in game already but the word got out. If it hadn't been an issue we wouldn't of heard anything from DB. "

It does not require any 3rd party software (besides what windows provides) to bypass the true box rule set. The chances of them catching anyone is about as close to 0% as you can get.

You can easily put together a rig to press keys simultaneously on multiple keyboards. No software is required.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And we don't know which way they are referring to unfair advantage. It could be argued that if one person is running six accounts and has no advantage over six people running six accounts that everything is fine. I don't think how many accounts controlled by one player is the issue on Live servers but whether they would have an advantage over the same individually played accounts. While I am not crazy about 20 toon box groups I don't think I have the right to decide how many accounts someone plays as long as they aren't botted.

On Truebox servers it is intentionally designed to limit one account per computer AND possibly each has to be run separately because that may be their intention with true box.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

I certainly am not saying that someone should not havethe right to box 20 characters. It is the fact that it is the 3rd party software that is allowing you to box that many as you couldn't feasibly do that without the 3rd party software.
    Even assuming you could, at a minimum, having to go to each EQ instance and activate a toon, it is going to be a lot of delay between activating actions between the first and 20th toons which is what gives it the huge advantage not otherwise available.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just an FYI they don't have to be 100% certain of anything to ban an account. All they need to do is feel the account should be banned. Certainty is not required.
  12. Angahran Augur

Please clarify.
    1) What "advantage, that is not obtainable in game" does ISB provide ?
    2) What "massive advantages that are not otherwise possible to gain" does ISB provide ?
  13. Warpeace Augur

Still like the warrior that was suspended for afk pet killing.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I understand I just don't think that is how they look at things on Live servers. I think what they look at is whether software allowing 20 toons to be run by one player gives any unfair advantages over 20 accounts being run separately. Software that does more then key broadcasting would give such an advantage.

I think they look at Truebox Servers and Live severs differently.

Live Servers: Software allowing one player to run x number of accounts gives cannot give any advantage over x number of players running x number of accounts. This would be automation (botting), warping, seeing mob loot before killing it, and whatever other stuff certain software allows. This would mean simple key broadcasting would not be an issue.

TrueBox Servers. Since these servers are "intended" to limit what a single player can do. It seems to be their intention that on Truebox servers you must play one account per computer without software work arounds. And of course it would also include things like warping, seeing mob loot etc etc. TrueBox servers have two criteria 1) limiting how a single player can control multiple toons AND 2) automation (botting), things like warping, seeing mob loot on living mobs etc etc
  15. Ghubuk Augur

Well, I sure hope that live servers aren't considered unworthy of having a level playing field for players as well.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

He didn't even have a pet. His crime was just being afk as a warrior.
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Really?

1:4 or 1:8 or 1:20 Player action: Number of account actions.

The time, efficiency and advantage is so plainly visible. As mentioned already, if it wasn't, these threads wouldn't exist. You wouldn't be here trying to mask obvious glaring benefit.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

It allows you to view all your character's screens at one time when boxing more than 1 character. That is not obtainable in game nor would you be able to replicate it without software unless you bought 1 monitor per character and mounted them on your wall.

ISB also allows you to play 20+ characters at the same skill level as you'd play 1. That is an advantage that is not obtainable even with the 'other program' because the other program plays those characters for you. One argument I get into with people who solely use the "other program" is that ISB allows you to be a much much better boxer. It's blatantly obvious when someone is controlling 1 character and automating 5 versus someone controlling all 6 characters as 1. The person who is controlling 1 character and automating 5 will almost always be worse at the game while as the person controlling all 6 will likely be much better. It's not cause everyone who uses ISB is good and everyone who uses the other one is bad.... It's cause one program is superior to the other for certain things.

It's honestly not possible to argue that Third Party Software does not give players an advantage. GINA gives players such an advantage in this game that raid guilds REQUIRE it to even raid with them. Same with VOIP software. I can't join a raid guild without getting on voice chat, I have tried before. Why do they require voice chat? .... Cause it gives them an advantage over typing things out...
  19. Lianeb Augur

It is a level playing field. There is nothing I can do with any of my single characters in game that you can’t do. The ability to box multiple toons gives me no more advantage than you playing a single toon in a group of 6. In fact I could argue that a full group of 6 has the advantage over a boxed group using very specific routines carefully macroed out and is basically unable to adjust to hits the fan moments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.