No 3rd party software

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Neber, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizlard Augur

All aboard!

[IMG]
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Save a spot for me!!
  3. Warpeace Augur

Im sure you have VIP seating with how much you have been in these types of threads;)
    Ghubuk and Sancus like this.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Broadcasting provides an advantage not available in game over other players. We can't send a command to infinite background characters or split screen characters like those who run that third party app can.

I hope it's included in the scope of this crack down. It is a clear advantage.
  5. Wizlard Augur

I like pushing a key to talk in a vchat program while in my EQ window, I know it gives me an advantage, but I don't care. ISB on the other hand allows you to push buttons outside your EQ window which is clearly wrong. :rolleyes:
  6. Millianna Augur

Stop what? DBG customer service has stated no 3rd party programs and refused to elaborate on it. So yes, a browser is a 3rd party program and is fair game.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I am going to imagine the you and those like you will also be among those who complain when expansions are released with even less zones and content that is more broken than now. When you consider someone like myself who only 5 boxes spends roughly 1k per year on this game. Now consider the volume of players that use broadcasting most of which I imagine spend roughly the same. For every hundred players that's roughly a developers salary for the year. You are in favor of this all because of some imaginary race built in your head against other players? Achievements and server/game firsts are all fun and games but they are just bragging rights. How is someone having enjoyment over there playing a way they enjoy ruining your game play? Get rid of all of these players and I guarantee it will impact your game play but not in the warm and fuzzy way you think. This game cant keep casting players aside like garbage and expect to live forever. Eventually you will find your EQ enjoyment on some server if people like you get their way.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

Yep and they will ban you if you are using Windows to play the game too. Oh and I also heard from my brothers, sister, mothers son that if you feed Gremlins after midnight, they turn evil. :eek:
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

RumorQuest points are being added up. Winners to be announced soon.

BTW, any news or even third hand info. of actual bannings related to the stuff being discussed?
  10. Angahran Augur

You can have as many EQ clients on a screen as you want, EQ can run in a window (something it wouldn't be able to do if noone had figured out how with 3rd party software and then told SOE how to do.)

There is nothing wrong with ISB.
    It simply allows broadcasting keyboard and mouse commend.

That other program, which allows fully automated bot armies, warping around zones and doing things that are not possible within the game is a completely different manner.

Next people will be trying to say GINA shouldn't be used, or GamParse, or TeamSpeak....
  11. Denial_Sinfae Augur

And people like you are unfairly gaining an advantage. Justify it with whatever you like.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

When I drive I frequently break the law. Like the song says, I can't drive 55. But I frequently drive right by police with radar units turned on and I can be going 65 and they don't even look at me. If you were to ask those officers they'd tell you the speed limit is meant to be obeyed, period, full stop. Because they can't condone you breaking the law. But you know 99% of them are going to cut you some slack so long as you aren't radically shoving your lawbreaking in their faces.

So now DBG has painted themselves in a corner. They cannot reverse course and officially approve some 3rd party software while bringing the ban hammer down on others. But the actual enforcers are going to be like those police officers who sometimes look the other way.

Play along and get along. It's that simple. And don't do stupid stuff while you're boxing. Have a little respect and concern for the other group. Don't monopolize camps. Don't go afk longer than a trip to the rest room. Educate people that boxing is fun because it allows you to learn multiple classes and how to create nice macro keys.

And if they ban you cancel your accounts and don't look back.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I may have been unclear. The point was not that there were multiple clients in background or foreground. The point was sending 1 action to infinite characters.

You didn't do it. You didn't perform the action. A piece of software did. You only initiated its action. Instead of /send (syntax) and then some execution, you just simply have to press 5 (or whatever button you have mapped).
  14. Angahran Augur

Totally, completely, 100% wrong!
    You did the action. You pressed the button!
    Therefore, ISB is in no way, shape or form any type of AFK action.
    You must be present at your keyboard, pressing keys.
    At it's most basic level, all ISB does is remove the need to press TAB.

Personally, not having to press unnecessary keys is very helpful in preventing my hands and arms from hurting.
    So, I could say that people who don't have RSI have a clear advantage and all ISB is doing is levelling the playing field.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

So the guy 3 boxing and letting 3 mercs who do nothing but automation is cool? Yeah yeah its an in game feature.... That's where you draw the line and others like yourself. Its cool if an EQ designed AI does things without your input but something that assists in boxing and actually requires user input is just unacceptable. Again have fun on P99 if/when the people like yourself get your way.
  16. Angahran Augur

Actually DBG have said that being AFK with mercs or pets is also bannable.
    So, even using no 3rd party software is not allowed :p
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

Well I can drive 55 and will if that's the speed limit. Sorry if you get stuck behind me :) I do that because even though most officers will give you leeway. I'm just afraid I will get a fine because I am in fact breaking the law.

I take the same approach here. I box anywhere from 3 to 6 accounts. They all have their own computer and I dont use any programs. I just hit each keyboard or mouse by hand. I mostly only play 3 with 3 mercs because that's more efficient than running all 6 toons all the time. People have told me to try this program or that program but I tell them that I have invested too much of my time, money, and life into this game to take a chance when I can do things just fine the way I do them now.

Y'all do what you want I'm not here to judge. Just explaining why I do it the way I do.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I'm not even talking about afk. I am talking about the guy with a melody bard a mage that has a couple is macros and what ever main they use. Mercs will be doing roughly 50% of their groups actions which is cool by the same people against broadcasting. Actual AI doing the work is good and broadcasting requiring user input is bad. Makes me scratch my head.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

I'm not AFK killing. That would put my accounts in jeopardy.
  20. Denial_Sinfae Augur

You pressed 1 key. Not 2, not 3, not 7, not 54.

Your actions are weighing in at 1:8, vs someone not running this software weighing in at 1:1.

Let's see you zone 8 characters in to an instances with third party software, then zone 8 characters without.

Activate 8 characters with burns and jump on a named with third party software and 8 characters without.

The list goes on and on and over time the gross advantage exponentially increases.

And yes, obviously not everyone boxes 8 characters. Without that advantage, it wouldn't really be all that feasible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.