Debuff Cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forcallen, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A player can have a total of 72 buffs 42 of them being long term buffs and 30 of them being short term buffs. Once a player hits 42 long term buffs any further buff gets blocked. Once a player hits 30 short term buffs any further short term buffs get applied to a long term buff slot. Once a player hits 72 buffs total all further buffs get blocked.

You are confusing total overall buff slots available with the limited buff slots for each type. Also as I pointed out earlier Long term buff slots can hold any buff type but short term buff slots can only hold short term ones, and they get filled with short term buffs first.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

I am no coder and don't want to sound like I know what I am talking about but it could just be that two smaller arrays might have less impact performance wise than one big array. Meaning if mobs had two debuff windows with a max of 75 per window it could maybe be less performance hit than one big window of 99 or 150. Or only be more of a hit once over the original 99 and when under even with the higher potential available performance isn't impacted. Which is what some people had theorized.

Or like I said thats not the case at all, they don't even use arrays and I fail to pass go and collect $200.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

It sounds like what they really need to do is setup a way to have different number of debuff slots on mobs; then set the raid bosses much higher and everything else lower. (normal trash mobs don't need more then 20 or so) If they could do that, it shouldn't cause a big hit in performance and would let them tag the boss mobs to accept a lot more debuffs.

That or several of the other suggestions here, combining effects, etc would help too.
    Beimeith likes this.
  4. Kobra Augur

I really wish they would fix this. I don't really care how, but I would like to be able to get an invite to a raid guild again.
  5. Brohg Augur

Wait, buff slots cause memory loss?