Opened a /petition ticket 8 days ago

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you reply to the canned response?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. AvrusBane New Member

Yep, of course. And replied, and replied, and replied. All I want is an update, even a "leave us alone for a minute" would be fine, just something from them to let me know my issue is being addressed.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

And back to no response. I found and gave them the .xml file they asked for the day they asked for it. But so far, not even a hint that someone looked at what was asked for, much less fixed it for me.
  4. rusco New Member

9 days here. Maybe one day soon someone will get us. . .
  5. Janakin Augur

Took about 24 days on mine with missing neighborhood items. They got it fixed though so be patient.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Mine (anchors) has seemed to take longer than people that filed after me. I assume it is more complicated in my case so they're skipping me for now. (lost anchors + all 3 warrior epic 1.0 weapons)
  7. AvrusBane New Member

Yes, I am now up to 21 days since I filed my petition. This kind of CS response is a very bad look regardless of how "complicated" a fix it may be. If it were a player that had screwed something up well then fine, but this was all their doing.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I was driving from California back to TX over the last 2 days, but I did get a "we are investigating this issue" update on my ticket, and it's still open.

Now up to 21 days and counting.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Tomorrow makes 28 days. I've got 132 items locked in /itemoverflow because they are lore. My epic 1.0 and trophies are among them. It has finally been escalated to a Sr. GM.. so here's HOPING I will finally get my items.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

You seem to know the system well because this is exactly what they did. A robotic response and one that does not make any sense. I have a feeling they have a script they are using and just doing a quick copy paste job to respond to players questions.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Most help desks are structured the same way. As part of my job, I look at every ticket that comes to my team's queue and assign them accordingly.

Canned responses are the most efficient way to respond. They are also, as you noted, the most disconnected. It's difficult to retain successful, effective help desk employees. Not to mention help desk jobs don't pay well, and aren't a priority for management since they are 100% cost to the organization (ie they produce nothing, and value-add is almost entirely immeasurable).

DBG knows they must respond to their customers, and are doing so in the best way they are capable of while still managing to keep the lights on and paying/staffing key positions.

My understanding is DBG (and Everquest in particular) is running a skeleton crew. So every minute spent must be leveraged for maximum benefit. This is my take on why customer service response times are taking a nosedive, and the number of canned responses is going up.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I HAVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Metanis likes this.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Grats Ely! Glad they were able to get your stuff back for you!
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

HUGS Met! Miss ya hon.