Is EQ soon to be gone?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fantomah, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantomah Journeyman

I love EQ with all of my heart, but it seems like it's going away. The GMs seem like, well, whatever, and the game is in general losing steam. It's been almost 20 years. There is a lot of cheaters now, and it is hurting the game. I've played since 1999, but no longer. The GMs are a part of the problem.

I love Everquest, but it's time to go. Good luck to everyone.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Can I have your stuff?
    Quatr, svann, moogs and 1 other person like this.
  3. Snack Augur

Nope, can't be gone yet...I'm not 110.
  4. Nifty Slacker Augur

I don't think eq is going away. From what I can tell, they are currently developing the next expansion and a nice anniversary event for eq's 20th. That won't happen until next march.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

I don't see why they would have made a new advertisement if it was going to be going away soon, and yeah, there would not be an expansion in the works either. It should be safe for another year at least but the lights might turn off tonight I guess.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bye.

I wonder what the count is on the "end of the EQ world" posts is now. Thousands?
  7. mkb5683 New Member

I remember the same kind of posts 12 years ago before I stopped playing the first time. Eventually someone is going to be right when they say it
  8. Finfan Augur

In case anybody is familiar with the anime "Overlord" I recommend that you do not stay logged in to watch the end of the world.
    Quatr likes this.
  9. Geroblue Augur

Eleventy-dozen quadrillion. I think, I might be a few billions off in that count.
  10. svann Augur

Nah. After humanity nukes itself there will still be bazaar mules trying to sell to each other.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And from beyond the grave, complaints will still roll in. :)
    svann likes this.
  12. Shredd Augur

I will play until the pry my mouse from my cold dead fingers
  13. Nandi New Member

I'm with Shredd.
  14. water druid New Member

what is this? about the 2000th time this has been asked? First dating back to the early 2000s? Ummm... I'll let you answer that question, my friend.
  15. Flat Toad Elder

Paraphrasing Winston Churchill a bit; EQ is absolutely the most pathetic, inane POS RPG of all time...except for all the rest.
    Graethos likes this.
  16. complexication Kassina

If it does then ok, it's had it's run and has lasted a lot longer than anyone expected.

If it doesn't, then ok, it can last even longer than expected.

Also p. rich to try placing blame on GM's who are simply trying to do their job. You wanna point fingers at the decline then point them at the entire playerbase.
  17. Roxxlyy Augur

We're not going anywhere - we have a new expansion coming out at the end of the year and our 20th anniversary to celebrate next year!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.