Lies and Mistruths!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Aug 1, 2018.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

None of this is manually done, right (or shouldn't be anyway, I know there have been glitches)?

Could a web page not be added that reads flags from the server to specify which expansion TLP (or any, I guess) server are currently at, with additional information calculated and displayed for unlocks, upcoming votes, etc.? I'm not saying this wouldn't be any work, because I know aggregating all the data plus building a polished page would take a little dev work, but the formulas themselves should be pretty straightforward and once this tool is in place (if it's build properly) adding new servers down the road shouldn't be hard.

I really miss the old progression pages each TLP had back when EQPlayers was still around. I'm not exactly sure how that broke or what happened to it, and I'm not asking for something as extensive, but it would be kind of nice to have some public-facing tool that players (or potential players) could check out and get at-a-glance information from for this stuff.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Glitch to actually working correctly ratio is about 40:60. I wouldn't count on any automated system to let you know what is happening. The best bet is for players to actually understand the ruleset their server is supposed to use, and then make sure the devs address any and all failures (no ruleset has had zero failures.)

Edit to add--they have basically done what you have requested with the /calendar feature. It is more accurate than their tweets etc.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the actual unlock is automatic. And it worked the last time without intervention, so i think we, finally, ironed out the issues with that part.

Making the posts is manual, and well, human nature got me this time :)

Currently, we don't have the resources to make a website that reads the mail (For various reasons, not only including the EverQuest team)
    Machentoo likes this.
  4. Silinius Augur

Wait... you mean you aren't a sophisticated algorithm based machine learning chat bot that posts on these forums after running natural language processing on forum posts? Now I'm disappointed. :)
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Prathun like this.
  5. Sashimie New Member

No. Go away. Keep our votes.
  6. Silinius Augur

Oh... one more thing. The current post says that the xpac will launch at 12:01am PT... didn't unlocks get changed to 2pm PT on those servers?
  7. Bewts Augur

If Nollen is not busy.... maybe he can lend a hand to integrate the Lexibot technology to solve this problem?