Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. a_librarian Augur

I don't think anyone is forgetting that. The game is very different now and people want to enjoy their time playing the game revisiting epic quests or seeing them for the first time.Standing around for multiple days waiting at a bottleneck is not enjoyable to anyone. People are playing on these servers with instanced raid content because they want to avoid that kind of failure of design.

DBG should prioritize this already so it can remove a huge pointless toxic mess that forces people to choose between enjoying their play time or having a miserable time in the game to try and complete a quest.
  2. taliefer Augur

noone is forgetting that. There are many reasons why not every SK got their epic in original kunark. Mostly, the percentage of raiders on each server was drastically lower than it is on TLPs. the quest itself was generally the chokepoint, not the turn in.
  3. Kolani Augur

I was aware of two others doing it at the same time that I was, and I let one of them have Marl twice because he was actually at a level where he'd use his 1.0.
  4. Password1234 Augur

The original bottleneck wasn't "putting items in the trade window and clicking the 'give' button," though. I never finished it back in the day because I could never get the Soul Leech. In the rare chance Fear was up AND the guild wanted to do it AND we were the first ones there, it never dropped for me. The sk 1.0 has three items from planes with long respawns and could not be instanced the way they can today on TLPs.

It's absurd that an npc, whose sole purpose is for you to just hand him stuff, who despawns for no reason every time you hand him something, which you need to do twice, and who doesn't respawn for days each time you give him something, is considered a reasonable bottleneck because the back in the day there was a bottleneck of getting rare drops in uninstanced Fear/Hate/Sky raids.
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Risiko Augur

Honestly, that's the real kick in the balls with this quest. The bottleneck is a turn-in NPC.

In essence, this one single human, Marl Kastane, is more important to the quest than the Gods you fought to obtain the quest items.

It diminishes the importance of raiding Plane of Sky, Plane of Hate, and Plane of Fear to the point of being nothing more than errands you have to run because the real raid boss of the quest is a turn-in NPC that you don't fight and requires no raid force.

It's sad, and it's demeaning to the Shadow Knight class.
  6. Kobra Augur

Its a double kick to the nuts because the SK epic is relevant only for this three month window.

I feel bad for SKs. At least chanter epic and wizard epic remain viable for longer than Kunark.

NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

We've made some changes to the way Marl Kastane works with regards to spawning and accepting items.
    Tentatively, the patch notes for these changes are:
    Febb, Critt, Pharone and 3 others like this.
  8. Aegir Augur

Grats, Shadowknights!
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

So now Marl will only despawn on the final hand-in, and his respawn time should be quicker?

That certainly warrants a thank you! Thanks folks!
  10. doah Augur

What about Verina Tomb/Drozln? They are nothing but clusters.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

Now what's being done for Wizards and Enchanters? They have brought up their issues enough times to warrant some attention. Enough complaints = change, correct?
  12. Prathun Developer

That's the fear and the reason we were reluctant to start looking into any epic issues until we had the bandwidth to address them all. Please interact with the dev team in a way that means we won't regret this so that we can continue to take a close look at concerns when we have time. If the community turns hostile in response to these changes because "it's not fair" or "abuse gets results", I will instantly back out these SK epic tweaks and hold off on them until we can do a comprehensive rebalance pass on all the epics at once.
    Ryak, Gana, Tarvas and 3 others like this.
  13. MesoSKCoirnav New Member

Thanks for putting this in. Maybe I'll look at doing the SK epic!
  14. LittleBrumski Augur

The only people who will complain about QoL changes to the three epics with spirit-breaking bottlenecks are the B..b..b..but its not classic" and elitist micro-minority. When was the last time anyone ever saw a thread complaining about how easy the rogue epic is?
  15. TheRealDeal Journeyman

This is great news
  16. a_librarian Augur

This is great news, thank you Prathun
  17. Kolani Augur

In other words, you kids keep it down or we're turning this car around and going back home this minute,
    adetia and Boze like this.
  18. a_librarian Augur

I play an enchanter not an SK and it's really obvious why this fix would be prioritized. It's mind boggling bad design to have the NPC despawn like it does right now. At least with the enchanter mobs it's more a matter of DPS racing and knowing the dirty tricks people can pull like mem blur.
  19. Heartland Augur

Now why wont they fix wizard epics? Wizards have it just as bad with the golem!
  20. taliefer Augur

so does that mean noone else will be able to turn in the note until someone does the final epic turn in?