What free item would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

It's great to see peeps whining over something that was given freely. geebus
    Dythan likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I liked the Quarm reward method: give a few choices.

People are going to whine like toddlers regardless, but that way folks that want an illusion can get an illusion, folks that want a mount can get a mount, folks that want a bag can get a bag, folks that want raid currency can get raid currency then chop shop it on FV, and so on and so forth.
    Nniki likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Nice to see some ideas being discussed.

As far as to the comments complaining about free items, I think people are not complaining per se. Me personally I got one for my pet, used it, thought it looked OK, and probably will not use it again since there are several other illusions I feel are better. But I noticed in EQ and FQ a lot of people did not like it.

Generally when someone says thank you and gives you something for free, there is a basic expectation that the gift being given is usable and semi acceptable. If I give my wife a Krono for Christmas, yes it is free... but considering she has never (and will never) play any computer game.. then it is kind of silly. If my wife gives me for Christmas a sewing kit, yes it is free... but I am never going to sew. So the gift, while nice, is kind of silly.

I think that is what I feel is the general consensus from those who I have spoken to/have read comments. Yes it is a nice gift, and is free, but...
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

When it comes to a video game, that's kind of a far fetched idea. You will never please everyone. Some people like what was given out. Some people don't like it. That's how it is with every single thing that's ever been given out. This "basic expectation that people would like it" is ridiculous. We're not talking about a one on one gift exchange. We're talking about a company giving something to every single person in the game that's subscribed... It'll never please everyone.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

A familiar that grants faerune + levi and is heirloom.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Critts Augur

I can say that as a wizard the gift is pretty much useless. So I just toss it over in the stack of stuff that I will rarely use. In the future I would like to see something along the lines of a reusable double XP pot recastable every 30 days. Or something summer themed to fit the time of year the gift was given. The only reason I have the audacity to Suggest the gift isn’t good is because it was used as a hook to get people to subscribe in advance “in anticipation” of receiving something great. If I where not already subscribed and I decided to pay them based on this reward being “ great” I would be very disappointed. A set of sun themed ornaments would have been better.
  7. Drakang Augur

One time usage. Summon 100 of any tradeskill item you desire :)
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. DaciksBB Augur

The murkglider as an illusion and an infinite charges growth clicky
  9. slayerofbats Augur

Hey white knight, I am owed plenty. Starting with the stuff I paid real money for that vanished in the last patch.

Whether it pleases everyone is completely irrelevant. All that matters is that it pleases a fair number of people. And I mean normal people not raging fanboys.
  10. Allayna Augur

Working account to account transfer service.

Never mind, give me my distraction, I mean....free item.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And vanished housing stuff has something to do with this free item how? /boggle. Make a petition and it'll get fixed.

As for your second statement.... It has pleased plenty of people.
  12. Thraine Augur

as most material things go, if its free its prolly not the best .. ever seen a free tattoo? lol
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

A smiling poop emoji hat ornament would have gotten the same response. No right to complain if you got it for free...
  14. svann Augur

a heated kidney shaped pool,
    a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
    a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
    a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
    a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
    real simulated Indian jewelry,
    a Gucci shoetree,
    a year's supply of antibiotics,
    a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
    and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
    a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
    Rosemary's baby,
    a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
    a new Matador, a new mastodon,
    a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
    a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor,
    a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
    a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
    a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
    a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
    or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
    a Las Vegas wedding,
    a Mexican divorce,
    a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
    or a baby's arm holding an apple?

from
    What do you want from life
    The Tubes
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Zaviere Augur

This doesn't even have to be free, I'd pay VERY good money for it;

A one time use container that converts ANY weapon in the game into a type 20 ornament aug. Put in the weapon of your choice, click Combine, get an ornament of that weapon. I can't tell you how badly I want this to be a thing.

Additionally, I think an All/All Vah Shir illusion clicky would make the perfect free gift to all paying players. Can't get much better than the opportunity to play any class in the form of the greatest race in the game! Alternatively, just grant every player a stack of 1000 Vah Shir Meat, which can be used to create Vah Shir illusion potions. Not quite as convenient, but it'd get the job done.
    Dre. and snailish like this.
  16. Kinadorm Augur

This would be good as a new tab/keyring screen feature for the next expansion. That way it doesn't use up a main inventory slot. Would be great if quest items could automatically go there when looted as well.
    Nniki likes this.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

I want this free item:

Andarriel likes this.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There's a few chest pieces I would love to have this option for. Make it so, DBG. :)
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Don't worry im not but maybe they could use the poll feature and see what people would want.

Andarriel
  20. Critts Augur

I know someone that wanted a refund on their meal from outback because they didn’t get free bread!
    Thraine likes this.