Servers down for Murkglider pet

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elmdor, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elmdor Lorekeeper

Are you all seriously about to take the servers down cuz coirnav didnt get the murkglider pet?
    Warpeace likes this.
  2. Thesehips Journeyman

o_O
    Is that seriously what the downtime is gonna be for? That's actually sad...
  3. Elmdor Lorekeeper

From a thread in the Game Update Notes subforum:
    Game Update Notes: July 27, 2018
    - Corrected an issue where the Summer Appreciation event was not running on Progression Servers.
    Totally worth it?
  4. Shredd Augur

Is that why I can not finish hunter?
  5. TheRealDeal Journeyman

wow so glad i get a free pet thing that does nothing....Now Change marl karstane thanks
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just lock/delete this thread. I can literally feel my INT and WIS stats being debuffed after reading it.
  7. Elmdor Lorekeeper

So, you think it was worth it to take the servers down for this? Gonna be awesome when they break something and are gone all weekend and can't fix it
  8. taliefer Augur

the downtime is minimal, but i do find it funny they have to take the servers down because they messed up a thank you to their customers
    Ekadzati likes this.
  9. Elmdor Lorekeeper

it's two hours. not huge. but i agree, the irony is rich
  10. CaptainSkeet Augur

Yay my murkgliders!
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't care either way. Worth and value are arbitrary and you're only viewing it through your self-centric lens. Whether it's a patch to fix the game engine or a patch to put yellow daisies in Gfay - it's irrelevant. They made the decision to take the game offline to patch.

In this case it's to ensure everyone eligible receives the appreciation bonus. Sounds like a damned good reason to me.
  12. Elmdor Lorekeeper

Wow. Bro, no reason to use foul language!! U seem kinda mad tho
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Careful use of expletives to underline the lack of gravitas in your responses.

Not mad. Not your bro, friend! ;)
  14. Elmdor Lorekeeper

Uh huh. So you admit it!!
    I think you need to consult the forum rules, bro:
    5)Profanity

- Because Daybreak Games appeals to a broad audience, the use of profanity is not permissible in any Daybreak Games communication medium. Do not intentionally evade the word filter or partially mask profanity by the substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear. Either use all symbols or find another word choice (preferable).
  15. Xenze Elder

It's not "self-centric lens" - it's the fact that a large section of the player base has asked for fixes for game breaking issues/problems and they go unanswered or ignored for months/years/ever. Even when they were told of the issue before it becomes implemented on live.

Then they go and down the servers over a "temporary" item that is purely cosmetic and will not be sticking around. It's a slap in the face to "everyone who's eligible" to play the game. So it's not the fact they took the servers down...it's where/when/how they choose to spend their resources.
  16. That0neguy Augur

I hope the conversation comes up if they ever do decide to fix it.

"Well team, we finally changed the spawn time for Marl but we have to take the servers down for 2hrs to fix it. Since it only affects a few people we decided it was not worth it to take the servers down and inconvenience everyone. So we decided this update will never be pushed to production"
  17. That0neguy Augur

https://michaellant.com/2010/05/21/how-to-easily-prioritize-your-agile-stories/

Please help stack rank the 1000 different things the community has requested.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Xenze like this.
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

Yes.

This is a limited-time reward that is supposed to available for all of our members, and was not available on several (members-only) Progression Servers. We are fixing our mistake and making sure everyone is able to receive it as intended.
  19. Prathun Developer

The change that allowed the Summer Murkglider familiar achievement to work on all servers was hotfixable. The servers were brought down for a different reason.
    Quatr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.