Beastlord Raiding Guide

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Mistkill, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Brohg Augur

Why in the world would you have slow on your spell bar?
    Yimin likes this.
  2. Yimin Augur

No need since its an AA .

YiMin
  3. Waldagar Augur

I need to pay a bit more attention when I cut and paste...

110 Spell Set 1 (DPS)
    Mawmun's Bite
    Frozen Toxin
    Frostbite Lance/Frostbite Roar(AOE)
    Beramos' Maelstrom
    Akalit's Feralgia
    Polybiad Blood
    Ekron's Chill
    Salve of Artikla
    Deltro's Mending
    Venomous Alliance
    Shared Merciless Ferocity
    Dichromatic Fury
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Late response but, I copied and pasted that from a different site which was before Dicho was even a thing. I personally have my 5 nukes, dicho, and feralgia all keybound to #2 one ofy spam keys and the dots when we're using alliance I just manually click. When the first bst hits alliance all 3 of us hit our dots. And the duration of the dots goes is long enough for all 3 of us to hit alliance before they wear off.
  5. Zebrn Journeyman

Quatr likes this.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

That looks like a nice guide set up there m8. A few things I've noticed. Consider 2nd spire instead of 3rd. I cast Toxin instead of Maelstrom first due to the low recast time and the bonus for it on chest piece. Also be sure to focus on the value of Alel's burn with dot spamming.
  7. Szilent Augur

Trib: Eyes of the Hunter

It's typical I think for bst to run Frenzy of Spirit up front for the best HHE they can have during the ADPS from group-mates, with Dicho-Ruuabri-Dicho-rejuvDicho for the group
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Regazozo Journeyman

Duhbeast is correct about the spire, our third spire doesn't mesh with certain bard cool downs. 2nd Spire is just superior to the other spires in raw damage output especially when used during the bigger burns. Not really sure about the whole burn order thing in general though. I spent awhile testing the beastlord cool downs and discovered they all stack additive(basically if they do 10k each and you hit 3 you will do 30k), GBA and BA are exempt from this rule. Yes Szilent is right you dont want bloodlust running without spirit frenzy up. Szilents Ruuaabri Dicho rotation seems viable but I just do the Ruuabri-dicho-rejuv-dicho since Ruuabri's has the stronger effect.
  9. Sancus Augur

Ruuabri's has other modifiers that are a bit stronger, but the HHE is the same. Using Dicho before Ruuabri (in conjunction with Forceful) gives you 24-29 more seconds (if I'm doing my math right) of that HHE continuously at the start. That seems well worth the minor loss of some of Ruuabri's other modifiers.

Re the Spires, pet based burns are kinda bad in raids since they can lag so much, and the proc damage can't crit or anything. Third Spire has a ton of stacking issues though, so it's probably still the best. 2nd's maximum potential is ~340k damage (or ~3.8k DPS) if your pet doesn't lag (assuming you don't get super lucky with the RNG), which is pretty insignificant.

Final thing - nice guide! I think it could do a bit more in terms of explaining how to use those spells; it seems to me a big part of maximizing DPS is managing mana and DoTs effectively dependent on the various modifiers (e.g. Al`el's) that are active. It's dependent a lot on fight times and things I suppose, but even on longer fights I think there's some room to play around with different lineups.

I'm not a beast, but just some thoughts I had.
  10. Zebrn Journeyman

11. Puzzling Journeyman

2nd spire, BP & BBR are almost always on cool down, as is the anguish BP when BBR is not on/up.

Ale's is almost always used on cooldown.

The hitmod stuff seems accurate, but for the fights where nothing is going to last even remotely that long, it's still basically a kitchen sink burn.

The "macro" vs binding to the same key is silly at this point. I have 2 main keys, 1 is for mellee mash & one is for spells. since i use a hotbar with 6 over 6 split, it's trivial to watch cooldowns & if you require a variation, just cycle pages of the hotbar for "AE" set ups, diff dots, etc.

Lastly, our player heal is utter garbage, and with how much the warder contributes to your overall DPS, if you are only going to keep 1 heal up, it should be the big pet heal. a dead warder = crap & time spent rebuffing it, to get the most bang for your buck.

in fairness, i skimmed through it once, but these things stuck out.

As far as what sancus said about DF > RF > DF > Forceful > DF that does come up on longer harder burns (when people are actually caring to min/max) but lately its been more of a RF at X point, and then 2 x DF at another, to get more bang for your buck at different portions of events. (it's also really nice, if you can align that forceful with your alliance casts & get roughly 5 mil vs 2.whatever)

*** Since the clickie part was empty, probably add bifold (which isnt used primarily on burns, use it when you can get the most out of it, and almost always on cooldown). grelleth's royal seal (free dd) and rod of dark rights (mana for hps)

then there is crap like dragorn war mask, blunt force, vanishing point, etc. if your going to hold someone's hand like that, might want to include all the crap they should be aiming to get.

Any who, my 2c