Rangers broken headshot.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aatrox, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Aatrox New Member

So DB felt the need to go ahead and just boost Rangers headshot for some odd reason but left out the rogues/berserkers? Now rangers are steam rolling EoK content (including raid) with 6 to 9 million headshots ? what were you thinking db when you chose to give it to a supposed hybrid /ADPS class and turned them into the highest dps class outside of RoS?
  2. Cstoner187 Elder

Nothing to see here, y'all. Working as intended. Moving on...
  3. Kindred Journeyman

How is it broken? Is it not working correctly?
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

I play a rogue and a ranger, so I know that you don't know what you are saying.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Modef like this.
  5. Lheo Augur

Rogues and Zerkers are being boosted too

The HS is better then before but the time to kill lets say 20 mobs is nealy the same, because you have still mobs where HS just dont want to proc lol and when HS proc it procs for only around 500 k (old was 750 k) i have never seen a 9 mio hs thats BS (highest with a triple HS is (together 6 mio like the patch said)
  6. Kolani Augur

It's real, I've only seen a single one since the patch, and it was by a ranger with max aa in full RoS raid with Soul Bow with Pureshot, Ancestral Aid and shaman epic burning at the time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. fortuneteller Augur

People are presently going berserk, gosh up to 7 mil headshot, thats wild, however you forget that this is at cost of: Reduced the base damage of all ranks of Headshot, so when it does not crit, it actually does less damage than before.

Second, rangers are not the only class that got the thing. Rogues also got those kind of thing, doing close to 3 mil dam, not sure if this is the zerker decap, but those i see do 450k dam.

I do not know if DBG might accidently released something too early or that some change to rangers also effect the other 2 mentioned classes, or the change is intentionel, but just forgot to put into the patch notes
  8. Dewey Augur

Rogues Assasinate while throwing needs to be increased. It seems very overlooked and neglected from the dev's imho.
  9. roth Augur

Rogues in my guild noticed very early on that their Assassinate damage cap had gone up at the same time that Ranger Headshot cap went up. So, no problems for Rogues there.

Berserkers Decapitate functions very differently. HS/Assassinate replace the hit with a massive one. Decapitate functions as an innate proc, that fires on top of the regular melee (though I box a berserker, I have never looked to see if throwing can trigger Decapitate). As far as I can tell, damage from this proc has not been increased.
  10. Modef Lorekeeper

Rogues should be more 'roguish' and not be seen or heard.
    Jesus, how did I know someone would mention this?
  11. Dewey Augur

Your Rogues never talked to you about the throwing Assasinate which is still capped at 320k.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You throw stuff at mobs? Why? Especially ones you can assassinate....
  13. Dewey Augur

Assasinate can proc when throwing a dagger in the back. Or it can proc when backstabbing.

Backstab is only up every 6 seconds. Throwing is up every throw. Assassinate procs off of either. I would rather throw to proc it than wait the 6 seconds(or 3 seconds disced) The assassinate by throwing daggers needs increased as it is not in line with the other assasinate features.
  14. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Rogues are legitimate ranged dps?
  15. Thraine Augur

hehe your search skills are strong sir, however i didn't start that thread and i didn't lie to get someone nerfed, nice try tho :)

but fear not OP, the nerf bat comes down hard and with sqeeky wheels like you it wont be long before we are bashed back down into our place. how dare us do decent dps in past expansions!! filthy rangers :p
    Lilpugs~Cazic, Coagagin and Ghubuk like this.
  16. Monkman Augur

yeah! Filthy rangers
  17. Dewey Augur

It's been around forever. I learned it back in like 2004 iirc. Rogues assasinate when throwing daggers in the back of enemies. You have to have a group to do this as it is not something you will ever see solo unless your pulling a mob and happen to throw the dagger in the back.

Anyways, the damage needs increased for this. It's almost like the dev's do not know that it exist.
  18. Lheo Augur

Devs buffs HS and HS works fine now (the class makes more fun and the raid guilds have more dps (and rogues are buffed too) and all are happy :) Good work!
  19. Cleaver Augur

Berserker Decap is spell damage so it doesnt get boosted by melee ADPS and raising the crit cap to 6m does not effect it at all.

None of these abilities have kept up with mob hp inflation. Why they would raise headshot and not the others is confusing though.
  20. Derka Power Ranger

What is the zerker hitting for now with dicho and other burn attacks? Weren't those massive crits capped at 750k previously?