VP Key Medallions - Increase Drop Rates for TLP Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sanido, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Sanido New Member

Please consider making the medallions less rare for Veeshan's Peak key. The medallion drops are too rare for a window of only 3 months on TLP servers.

The spawns are constantly camped to the point where the supply and demand is making players be rude to each other. 10 people running around FV trying to get AJ, rotting skeleton in Dreadlands turns into DPS race or Bard running off with the spawn etc. Please consider making the key droppers less rare.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

/em looks around for the New ideas for the next TLP thread.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Well, we just got done with a "WE NEED THESE THINGS FIXED TO BE WHAT I THINK IS INTENDED" and this......they must come in threes.....
  4. HappyPanda Augur

Even if they triple the spawn rate and double the drops and...

Still, Nothing Changes*

*With a nod to RandomStrategy
  5. That0neguy Augur

How are people still struggling with these two months into kunark. You are seriously not even trying at this point.
  6. Jenarie Elder

People who were willing to do what it takes to get it, got it. People who wanted to play nice are still waiting.

I didn't get my key. My choice but I wasn't willing to charm gate or get a click program or do the other things that I saw people around me doing to finish their key.

I do wish they would change the key to be easier. I pretty much stopped playing altogether due to the toxic atmosphere around this key quest.

It isn't impossible and if you really want it you can get it. But I don't want it bad enough to change who I am.
    Sanido and Critt like this.
  7. Dweezil New Member

I have to admit after reading all the shiz about VP keys here ... I was somewhat concerned about getting them done recently .. guild I am in has just recently killed Trak .. so ..

Took me less than 2 days. I was KS'd once (Ancient Jarsath) ... I didn't KS, train or grief anyone, and when needed waiting patiently in the queue (Rotting Skel and Pained Soul). I chatted to others, made some friends .. those friends then sent me tells later and informed me of spawn timers. <-- This is the Key to the Key!

Was I lucky on some spawns? .. you bet (sense undead ftw). Was it easier than when I did it on live 17 years ago? .. for sure. Very happy that 20 hours for Pained Soul didn't repeat itself.

I didn't use autoclickers or "special maps" .. all up it was a fun experience!
  8. Kolani Augur

Should we tell them they're going to have to farm medallions again when TLP catches up to current content?
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Fair question and not trolling but when does velious come out?
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

Assuming you play, /calendar as an in-game command contains a lot of the information. Assuming you don't, August 29th.
  11. Risiko Augur

While some of the camps for VP key are certainly easier to get at this point on Coirnav, the one in FV is still an issue, and only because of rude players.

Simply put, if there is a bard in FV working that part of the key for themself or a friend/guildie and you don't have a bard helping you, you're done for the day on that piece. You can not compete against a tracker running at light speed who can charm a mob ultra fast and leave the area with it before you even know where it spawned.

Is this something that DBG could or should fix? Probably not. It's a community problem. But, to act like it's not a problem just because you completed your VP key weeks ago is rude at best.
  12. That0neguy Augur

So go get another piece and then come back. You can't tell me this far into the expac that there is someone with a bard camping AJ 24/7.
  13. Alikat Lorekeeper

I'm probably the exception, but I did my vp quest in just a 24 hour period earlier this week. Rotting skeleton took a couple hours. kaesora I got lucky and showed up just before a new instance opened and I was the fastest to click after picing over. I waited for some one to get SONH so I had a timer then left to camp AJ, I was able to get it the next timer. AJ was definitely the hardest, a several hour camp, he didn't spawn at all in that time period, and was a dps race/charm lameness against others for him when he finally did pop.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm waiting to listen about the drop rates of Fungus Grove.......Oh Yeah, Baby!
  15. Astral64 Augur

They have already nerfed this quest into the ground.

The mobs spawn more frequently and the repop timers have been reduced. It is by no means the chore it once was.