Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lankie Augur

You won't get told any info about bans. Plus if they got banned, it was for un-attended gameplay.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Almar never said that Holly responded at all. But DBG has recommended his site to new players, AFTER he posted his 3rd-party-usage info and informed DBG. So DBG is most definitely aware of what his site discusses and recommends, and DBG recommends his site.

EDIT: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-you-folks-all-the-time.249064/#post-3662453

And I do not believe you when you say you have "had players suspended and told it was because of that as activity", because DBG very specifically states that they will NOT disclose any details about any actions they may or may not take after you report another player. I have received the form-letter email they respond with after reporting questionable behavior, and I call you out as a liar. If you received some other information from DBG, prove it.
    Lordoro likes this.
  3. Levy Journeyman

What were they doing when you reported them? AFK farming? If so Almar has already said that will get you banned.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

That's an incorrect assumption and shouldn't be what you assume considering no company has ever given an affirmative for such a thing before. She's the spokesperson of a company and is not allowed to take an official response on matters like this. I said this in the past too, to Corwyn and he took that to mean she didn't allow the guides. Much like I have said in the past, they don't confirm you're allowed to use Gamparse or GINA either, they don't confirm that you're allowed to use the boxing program that broadcasts.

Spend some time Googling and you'll realize that Blizzard does not ever say that Addons are allowed in World of Warcraft. Strange huh, considering I have never met a World of Warcraft player that doesn't use Addons of some kind.

If Daybreak/Holly didn't allow these programs or they went against Daybreaks policy they'd have asked me to take them down.

That's why earlier in this thread Roxxly said she was going to compile a list of BEHAVIOUR that was acceptable/unacceptable. How that unacceptable behaviour is achieved, I believe that Daybreak feels is irrelevant.
    Eggolas likes this.
  5. segap Augur

You have no idea if she's even read your emails. The constant use of your "emailed Holly" argument holds no water. The only confirmation would be an actual response.

Your having not been suspended/banned works in favor of your argument, but is not definitive either. Only DBG knows for sure what's acceptable and what's not. How you play might be fully within bounds for them. It could be you haven't been observed doing anything wrong with enough definitive proof to take action. Or it could be you're given special treatment because you provide a service to the community with your other guides/information. None of us know one way or the other.

Clear, up to date guidelines from DBG of what's acceptable and what's not is what's needed. And that list needs to be kept up to date as people might find ways to abuse a tool that was once acceptable. People can then like or not like what's presented. Without that, everyone is just guessing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Can you explain please? In the first one I simply repeated what a GM told me when I petitioned. In the second one not sure what post you are talking about.

And now you may have to worry about until we see the posted guidelines. Unfortunately for some it MAY be the case that Daybreak's leniency was conditional on certain conditions which no longer apply. And lets be clear it is nothing they posted they just didn't enforce things as stringently as they did in the past. Gave them great flexibility.

If they go back to just banning those using certain software no matter how they use it or if they use it to automate play while they sit at the computer watching tv then I guess that is that. Everquest will die off or go on based on their calculations of what the effect would be.

My guess is they will continue to allow just broadcasting keys. If that is what you are doing you have nothing to worry about.

I really didn't have an interest in getting very involved in this discussion before seeing the posted guidelines but what the heck... I'll respond to you if you feel the need to continue the conversation. Still don't see any slam dunks.
  7. Vanda Journeyman

Great post and I agree totally.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're wrong on many different levels because I do know she reads my emails, I know she has talked with the dev who writes the program that's been mentioned here and I also have talked to her through emails before. I'm just not expecting her to give me the impossible and allow me the opportunity to quote her out of context to a bunch of people on these forums.

Mostly everything else you said was just wild speculation.

This will never happen, as I said in my previous post - not even Blizzard oks Addons for World of Warcraft. You're asking for the impossible and it'll just never happen. Unless you mean behaviours that are acceptable and behaviours that aren't - in which case I am sure we'll see that in a few days. Many people ask for the impossible though and want a company to OK third party software... I've honestly never known a company who actually has... for a multitude of reasons.

I gotta get back to work though, my job is done for now with the thread - anyone out there who reads my posts and is open minded/wants to know the truth will do some googling & that's all I really am making these posts for. We all can be overly opinionated and stubborn sometimes, I'm not perfect it's not like I haven't been over opinionated and stubborn before in the past! It's part of what makes us human, what makes us stronger though is recognizing when we are being that way and accepting new evidence to the contrary. For a lot of people, this is one of those times.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm.... what what you achieved? Lets look at two possibilities. Either DBG continues to allow what you are doing and have encouraged others to do or DBG bans the people doing what you do and encouraged others to do.

And you admit that you sent an email asking for approval or stating what you were going to do with your site and Holly didn't give you any sort of answer you can quote. Sounds like their policy about not commenting on specific software that even you say they won't do. That being said I got a clear quote in the past from a GM who might be doing the banning. *shrugs*

Personally instead of trying to convince people Holly gave you a nudge nudge wink wink I would just reinforce that we need to wait and see what guidelines they put out. Assuming they put anything out.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It’s like Christmas in July, Forum Questers! 7 months into 2018 and we may already have a nominee for Cringe-Thread-Of-The-Year! Hallelujah!
    Talif likes this.
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

This thread is ridiculous. Ego, envy, much wrong information and assumptions. Only a very small amount of people have brains - like in the real world...

This game goes down the drain....
  12. Wizlard Augur

Of the year?

[IMG]

Thanks to whoever started this thread. It has been very productive.
  13. Imtryingmyhardest New Member

you assume that a quote from a GM in the customer service department making under 15$/hr is the same thing as a quote from the executive producer on the game LOL

lets go ask the dominos delivery boy what dominos policy is on third party delivery options
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

First post! Welcome.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Aamonn_Erollisi New Member

That's not a very good comparison. WoW has a feature at login - "disable addons" and Blizzard has never made addons that I'm aware of. What do you suppose that means then?
  16. Levy Journeyman

EQ has a feature that disconnects you from the server when trying to login to the Truebox servers while running the program we are arguing about. Cant even get to character select. It does not disconnect you when the program is loaded when you log into non-true box TLPs or live servers. What do you suppose that means?
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah thing is there was no quote from the producer saying anything specific about a deal that they may consider to be broken assuming it was made... so.. yeah.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think both you and @Imtryingmyhardest have valid points, but they are clearly contradicting. If a GM told you anything, that GM apparently violated DBG policy because DBG's official policies clearly state that they refuse to be clear :D. On the other hand, I don't think there is any doubt that GMs do the actual enforcing and that they are not at all consistent. In fact, how COULD they be consistent, when the rules they are enforcing are so vague?

I think all of this confusion and frustration still stems from the same source: DBG and their inconsistent enforcement of their intentionally vague rules. The burden is on DBG to define their own rules. And maybe they finally will.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think the best we can hope for is "less vague".
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  20. Khat_Nip Meow

One thing to keep in mind is that it's at DBG's discretion whether or not they act on something.
    They don't have to do something regarding any particular case but they have their stated rules to back them up if they do act.

If Alice performs a traffic infraction a police officer can just give her a warning and send her on her way.
    If Bob performs that very same infraction the police officer can ticket him/haul him in.
    Traffic law states that what both Alice and Bob did was against the law and while an officer can just give them both a warning he very well can ticket both if he wishes because he has that traffic rule to back him up.

I personally want all the cheaters gone.
    People mention a population reduction and how it would be bad but is that worse than everyone just throwing their hands up in the air and say, "There's nothing that can be done, let the cheaters cheat."?
    Bella222 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.